UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Just finished my Light Heavyweight Career. Managed to steamroll my way through until I faced Shogun Rua, who forced me to tapout and thus kill my 8-0 undefeated record.

Then it was very hit-n-miss, managed to win the Light Heavyweight Title, but then lost it to Shogun Rua, and never managed to regain it. Got some momentum going with a mini 5-0 winning streak, but then lost to Rua AGAIN. Eventually ended up with a 23-11 Record.

Had a really enjoyable fight against Rampage Jackson late into my career. It was basically a huge brawl, with constant clinching and thus clinch counters. Managed to knock him out in Round 2 after ducking a right hook and blasting him with one of my own.

I gotta work on transitions, it seems whenever i get taken down, i get full mounted and then either blasted until a Knockout, or get saved by the buzzer, so to speak.

Might start a welterweight career next.

So in career mode, in order to get into the Hall of Fame, you just need a certain amount of cred when you hang up your gloves? I ask this because my Lightweight character was inducted into the Hall of Fame when I finished my career yesterday. He was 32-2, iirc. I don't remember how much cred I had, and my stats weren't maxed out either. My Strength, Speed, and Cardio were all at the limit, but the rest of my stats were not.

My heavyweight fighter was inducted into the hall of fame, despite the fact that i could never beat Brock Lesnar nor did I win the belt. I believe I was 30-11 or something like that, but I did have big wins over Minotaro, Mir, Arvolski and others. I just couldn't beat brock

Yea, the definitely need to change that for next year. It seems a bit petty to have your fighter fighting for cred than just for respect, his legacy, etc. I'd like to see a more detailed career next year as well. Do something with the time frame of the career, have your character age as the years go by, and maybe have your stats slightly decrease over long periods of time.

It is the CRED that gets you in, you need at least 100,000 I believe. It's not ideal, but really the better you perform, the more CRED you get (FOTN, Sub and KO awards give extra CRED). So really the more popular interviews you do and the better you perform in the octagon, the more CRED you get. I'd like to see it changed for the future, but it's not too bad having it that way.

There should be a balance between the criteria. Just cred doesn't work that well because of packing your shorts with sponsors and doing loads of PR stuff. Whereas 32-2 isnt necessarily a factor if you always take the easiest of the three fights.

It should be, for me, get two of the three:

- 'X' amount of cred

- Win the title of your division

- A 3-to-1 win loss record. So for every 3 wins you can have a loss

That way any combination of the two leads to a good argument for the HOF and gives you even more ways to play out your career. Be a famous guy with a title but not a great win-loss record, or someone with a phenomenal fighting record but no media appearances or a famous fighter with a great record who never quite got to the top for whatever reason.

Edited by ZJ Penn

People really pissing me off today... I'm trying to get the 50 wins achievement and i've had 10+ people quit on me in the space of an hour. I am 47 wins at the minute but i should be about 60+ wins just off today they REALLY need to sort this out it ruins the fun of playing online...

Just noticied a little glitch in the game only just found out but you can put all the best sponsers on your shorts in the create a fighter than load that fighter in your career and fight with those trunks on might help in getting more cred with fights early on

Just finished my career with a Middleweight Kickboxer/BBJ fighter, couple of days ago. I ended up with record of something like 35/36 wins and 5 losses. I held the Middleweight title for quite awhile. I ended up loosing my title to Nate Marquardt in my second last fight. Then loosing my retirement fight to Anderson Silva. My other losses were to Yushin Okami, Dan Henderson and Thales Leites. I managed to beat almost everybody in the divison atleast once apart from Hendo. Only faced him once, but, he was the only fighter that I really struggled to beat.

Quick questions.

What level of Muai Thai do you need for headkicks?

Whats your favourite grappling technique and why?

I got past level one and I got headkicks.

I prefer Wrestling as it's pretty much basic, but I'd really use anything.

Welterweight career was going awesome until.......... that fight :(

Pretty much killed two guys in UFN Main Events until I Finally got the call up to the Undercard. The fight - Josh Koscheck. I pretty much win the first round but in the second round he just keeps taking me the fuck down. Honestly. It must have been at least 10 takedown attempts and he connected with them all. Thank God I could push him off. In the third its pretty much the same thing. But in the last minute I rock him to the ground - I try to finish but he pushes me off. He gets up and I back away and run in with a push kick. I go for the clinch but he escapes and connects with 4 sweet elbows and knees. I fall down, rocked and Koscheck picks up the win. With SEVEN F'N SECONDS LEFT. Well, there goes my perfect record.

With the computer going crazy with the takedown your fight sounded like when I fought Rashad Evans for the title on my first CAF. Fucker kept taking me down so I was like fuck it.

1. Rubber Guard

2. Full Mount

3. ???

4. Profit!

Edited by kale

With the computer going crazy with the takedown your fight sounded like when I fought Rashad Evans for the title on my first CAF. Fucker kept taking me down so I was like fuck it.

1. Rubber Guard

2. Full Mount

3. ???

4. Profit!

I just went through this. Evans decided to sit on me for a nearly 2 rounds before I finally knocked him into the front row.

EDIT: Not sure my reasoning, but I just spend 4 rounds leg kicking Machida. Only leg kicks. Finally at the end of the fourth I just superman punched him, out cold.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

My PSN is mmatzat, come and fight me.

Someone explain the fucking submissions to me, i know the tutorial, i can somewhat do it on Computer matches but Online the fuckers just take me down and as soon as they go for a submission i am DON no matter if it´s 10 Seconds in round one or late in Round two... it´s realy taking the joy out of the game for me.

You really need to make sure your stamina doesn't drop too much or you're toast. Button mashing is supposed to make for an easier escape, but puts you in a weaker position and vice versa for using the stick. Personally, I've had far more success escaping with the stick. But yeah, fuckers online will take every opportunity to tap you, so if you've tried to escape a transition, had a transition blocked or thrown more than two punches in succession and you're in a position where they can put on a hold, beware.