UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Frank Mir is an absolute bastard in Career mode. Everytime he takes me to the floor it's game over. Whenver I move the stick to get back up he blocks it and eventually locks in a submission, which no matter how fast I twirl the stick always wins him the fight. Have got resonable sub and takedown defence aswell but he always gets the win that way. Damn Frank Mir :angry:

I have similar problems but when I face him online. Everyone knows how to use his ground game to their advantage. I've beaten him once with Nogueira but every other time (about five or six) I've always been beaten on the ground and quickly.

I don't think so, but I'm beginning to wonder myself. I've had to drop down to beginner in my career mode, yet when I start to get into the top rankings, I feel like I'm playing on expert again. The CPU goes for the same move over and over, I can counter them no problem, but it's not much fun to play after a while.

I got to about 8-0 with my Lightweight CAF, then met with Thaigo something. He was playing literally like I hadn't changed the settings down to beginner. No matter what I would do, he'd find a way to get a submission victory, even after I beat the stamina out of him.

Frank Mir is an absolute bastard in Career mode. Everytime he takes me to the floor it's game over. Whenver I move the stick to get back up he blocks it and eventually locks in a submission, which no matter how fast I twirl the stick always wins him the fight. Have got resonable sub and takedown defence aswell but he always gets the win that way. Damn Frank Mir :angry:

I have similar problems but when I face him online. Everyone knows how to use his ground game to their advantage. I've beaten him once with Nogueira but every other time (about five or six) I've always been beaten on the ground and quickly.

I've beaten him with strikers quite often online, just taking things slow and blocking any takedowns while wearing down his head. You can usually rock him in the 2nd and KO in the 3rd.

An online fight going to the third round? Preposterous. :shifty:

lol .. I think my record is something like 39-43 online and I think 3 or 4 of them have gone to Round 3!

I've still not had a fight go to a decsion online or on a career mode match either.

Edited by new_era

I've had two fights go to decision online one in a ranked match and one in a player match (against Rocksta, lost 29-28 UD). Both were losses. As I've ranked up in ranked (I'm about a 54 right now) I've been getting some good fights going into the third round.

I've still only had one decision, and that was on the classic fights bit where I needed to. Two rounds of body kicks and I rocked him a few times, just stood about taunting...

Finished my first career as a light heavy kickboxer, thinking either heavyweight boxer or lower weighted submissionist next, Only problem is my first guy was basically me and I missed the HoF, surely I can't lift a nobody over myself? Unless my next few are just big me and little me of course.

Still not done it yet, but since I find Big Colly and Little Colly slightly dull I'm considering Black Colly or Asian Colly, one of which will have silly hair and scars. And Aaron Lennon style silly eyebrows. I'm actually a little sad that this lacks the old PS2 UFC games options to assign moves rather than just a style so I can bang up a Kurt Angle with working Ankle Lock, or indeed Shamrock himself. Bring on the downloadable fighters I say.

Fuck Gray Maynard in his stupid cheating face. I know it's only my 6th fight, and he's a pro and yadda yadda yadda, but when his stamina bar is EMPTY and mine is FULL, they should be no fucking way he's getting out of a rear naked choke alive. Certainly he shouldn't be able to reverse every single transition and block every single one of mine.

Mentioned about him earlier in this thread, he's way fucking overrated. When I faced him for the first time in my career, he was just a genus on the mat and seemed to reverse everything and anything. He refused to be submitted, but seemed to come close to submitting me pretty easily. Clearly he's the cheat fighter in this game :shifty:

I fucking hate career mode. Playing on advanced is just fucking ridiculous. Every fight boils down to the CPU getting the mount and then blocking every single one of my attempts to transition out, killing all my stamina and then fucking slapping on a submission and winning. What other fucking option is there? Sit there in the mount and get the shit knocked out of me? Yeah that's a really fucking great set of options.

Getting out of mount isn't impossible. L1 transitions and R3 punch catching are what will help you out here :)

Career mode on advanced IS silly, but mostly for the 6-0 wall rather than that :\

I think it's more about timing than what transitions you do. I find a minor transition while the CPU is attempting punches is usually the best.

And yes I hate the 6-0 wall. I'm in my second career and both times I've started 6-0 then lost the next fight. Though I have racked up I think an 8-fight win streak later in my first career. No 10-win yet though.