UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Why the fuck does this game auto save every 4 fucking seconds. God can I please for the love of Jesus go from one screen to the next without you thinking I may switch off the console, it makes everything take so fucking long. At least let me turn the fucking thing off. It reminds me of why I stopped playing Smackdown games.

Well, to be fair, aside from the online stuff, I didn't expect any gameplay fixes, so that's a big plus.

Flash KO's were a problem, but not on the hardest difficulty level. And I take it the submissions fix means you're able to perform them easier, as opposed to making it harder?

I hope that's the case, if only for the simple reason that the AI seem to be able to score submission victories for fun on Expert.

It just pisses me off to no end when they sit on your face and pound on you and even though you counter it, they ALWAYS block or ALWAYS transition back.

Yes, oh god yes. I had spend a couple rounds getting sat on, with Sherk going from half guard to full mount and just sitting there throwing punches. It would happen as soon as the bell rang, I'd come out, throw a punch or kick and he'd immediately go and take me down. Ugh, such garbage. I don't mind going on the ground, but it's ridiculous when that's all the opponent does.

With the roster run through trophy, do you have to WIN as each character, or just complete a match as each character?

Also am I correct in thinking that Heath Herring is the guy who got lost in the desert and died?

The war of words between defending UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and former title holder Frank Mir was settled in the octagon over the weekend with boulder-sized fists. However, a battle of the rhetorical sort is just heating up between the mixed martial arts fighting organization and Electronic Arts.

Cheap shots are an art in MMA fighting.

In early July, reports surfaced that the UFC was prepared to dole out lifetime bans to all unsigned fighters who agree to be a part of Electronic Arts' upcoming MMA title. These reports have now reportedly been confirmed by UFC president Dana White, who addressed the issue with bellicose words following UFC 100 on Saturday.

As reported by enthusiast site MMA Junkie, White characterized the dispute between the UFC and EA as being "at war," saying that any fighter who signs a deal with EA Sports "won't be in the UFC." Further, White contends that it was actions taken by the gaming publisher that instigated the aggression.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," MMA Junkie quotes White as having said. "But let me tell you what--I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them. EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport. We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

White reportedly went on to say that the UFC approached EA about making a game based on the mixed martial arts sport a year and a half ago, but EA declined. "They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them," White said. "This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," he continued. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game." White went on to note that UFC 2009 Undisputed has gone on to ship nearly 2 million units since the game debuted to a strong critical reception for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in May.

EA had not responded to requests for comment on White's statement as of press time. Announced during this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, EA Sports MMA is still largely in under-the-radar development at EA Tiburon. For more on THQ's UFC 2009 Undisputed, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

ADmit, I haven't played the game yet...I'm not a huge UFC fan. But I find it interesting that EA Sports passed on it..EA is usually quick to try and pick up anything they think might sell...or in the case of the AFL game, even games that just might have a niche market

The war of words between defending UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and former title holder Frank Mir was settled in the octagon over the weekend with boulder-sized fists. However, a battle of the rhetorical sort is just heating up between the mixed martial arts fighting organization and Electronic Arts.

Cheap shots are an art in MMA fighting.

In early July, reports surfaced that the UFC was prepared to dole out lifetime bans to all unsigned fighters who agree to be a part of Electronic Arts' upcoming MMA title. These reports have now reportedly been confirmed by UFC president Dana White, who addressed the issue with bellicose words following UFC 100 on Saturday.

As reported by enthusiast site MMA Junkie, White characterized the dispute between the UFC and EA as being "at war," saying that any fighter who signs a deal with EA Sports "won't be in the UFC." Further, White contends that it was actions taken by the gaming publisher that instigated the aggression.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," MMA Junkie quotes White as having said. "But let me tell you what--I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them. EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport. We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

White reportedly went on to say that the UFC approached EA about making a game based on the mixed martial arts sport a year and a half ago, but EA declined. "They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them," White said. "This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," he continued. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game." White went on to note that UFC 2009 Undisputed has gone on to ship nearly 2 million units since the game debuted to a strong critical reception for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in May.

EA had not responded to requests for comment on White's statement as of press time. Announced during this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, EA Sports MMA is still largely in under-the-radar development at EA Tiburon. For more on THQ's UFC 2009 Undisputed, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

ADmit, I haven't played the game yet...I'm not a huge UFC fan. But I find it interesting that EA Sports passed on it..EA is usually quick to try and pick up anything they think might sell...or in the case of the AFL game, even games that just might have a niche market

EA have realised UFC sells and now they want in. Good on Dana.

With the roster run through trophy, do you have to WIN as each character, or just complete a match as each character?

Also am I correct in thinking that Heath Herring is the guy who got lost in the desert and died?

I've found that the achievement has to be glitched as well. I went through the whole roster not to long ago, even making sure I used the Classic Fight guys in exhibition, no one in the game progress statistic had 0, and it still didn't unlock. Then while playing, it randomly unlocked after I had a match using Forrest Griffin a couple days later, who was like the second most used guy in my game progress, and I've used in exhibition plenty of times. So something's wrong with it.

But to answer the question, you don't have to win, just complete the match.

I just did it myself. I ran through everyone in the roster (according to what it says) and didn't give it to me, so I thought I'd have a go through the people who I've completed Classic Fights with. First one out was BJ Penn at welterweight (pretty sure I went him during exhibition anyway), and I got it.

Just got another online submission win over a level 3, one more until trophy.

Ha, facing same guy again. Hope I can do him as easily this time. Dammit. It went the limit: 26-29, 28-29, 26-29 to me as Penn vs. GSP.

Edited by TheModernWay