UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Okay... so, my strength is maxed out, and my submission defense is at 70 something... facing Leites... and he takes me down right at the start. I don't do anything at all. I let him gain mount as an experiment, because my inability to escape submissions on the 3rd difficulty was making me angry... and I wanted to see what would happen with full stamina.

He tapped me... so easy.

I seriously, am at a loss for words. I have no idea what the fuck it is I'm supposed to be doing to avoid submissions. The Shine and the button mash both worked on lower difficulties, but now, as soon as it's being set up, I'm fucked, no matter what.

Have to agree. I basically just had a match where Frank Edgar took me down at will, blocked all of my transitions, seemingly blocked every punch I threw, and just fought as if he was God of the Octagon. The match barely lasted three minutes before my character was rocked and submitted. It wasn't even worth my time to use the controller.

The match barely lasted three minutes before my character was rocked and submitted.

I basically just had a match where Frank Edgar took me down at will, blocked all of my transitions, seemingly blocked every punch I threw, and just fought as if he was God of the Octagon.

Sounds like you wasted your stamina and set yourself up for an easy submission.

I think the achievement might be glitched because I've played with every player and last night I went and played with every guy that can change weight classes, in both weight classes. More games need to have what X-Men Origins had, a nice little menu that had your progress towards each achievement.

UFC does have that under game progress shows you how often you have used each character offline. :shifty:

I know, and everyone has been used. Still nothing.

The match barely lasted three minutes before my character was rocked and submitted.

I basically just had a match where Frank Edgar took me down at will, blocked all of my transitions, seemingly blocked every punch I threw, and just fought as if he was God of the Octagon.

Sounds like you wasted your stamina and set yourself up for an easy submission.

Sounds reasonable, but what are you to do when they are on top of you? I know I can block punches, but I was trying to avoid spamming the transitions as somebody already had mentioned. It seemed it was either transition, or let the guy tee off on my face.

Reverse his transitions before he gets to mount. From mount is more difficult, pretty much just try to transition before he pounds your face in. Can't remember which style it is, but you can catch his punch with R3 and triangle him, or it pulls him back to your chest, where you can try and reverse his transition to sit back up.

Don't let your stamina drop is the only real answer. And make sure to land a shitload of body and leg attacks on him when you can. I try to make sure he's gassed and low on stamina whilst keeping my distance as I wait for mine to recover if my opponents a takedown whore. Then it's pretty much up to you to decide how to go from there. When I'm a wrestler/BJJ I tend to try and sneak in, wrestle him to the ground and then go for the submission, when I'm a boxer I try to go for an explosion of jabs finished with an uppercut or other power move, and Kick Boxer... well, Head Kick. MT I try to get them in the clinch and destroy them with the knee's.

If you're low on stamina and they get on top, your only real hope (depending on the difficulty, on beginner there's still a good chance of getting out, the higher up you go the harder it's going to be.) is to block and wait for the round to end or block and try and catch one of their punches, but the latter is much more dangerous, seeing as all they need is one good punch to knock you the fuck out.

You'll learn the more you play just how important stamina is, and you'll probably develop your own way of maintaining a good amount and still landing some good offence. Oh, and make sure you don't spam L1 moves. They'll drain the fuck out of your stamina in seconds.

I've found the best way to defend the mount is to hold block, wait for them to fire a few shots and shoot for the transition. If that fails, stay patient and redo it all over again. Not being patient is the worst thing and has been mentioned about a million times in this thread. You start spamming transitions, it's your downfall.

Managed to somehow save my data today. Restarted the game where it said data was corrupt at the start and had no choice but to click overwrite and start new data. Turns out my career and everything is still intact, so I'm not actually sure what part of the data was corrupt and what it's actually changed, but it's made me happy.

Just wondering, is there any possible way to get the Anderson Silva special running knee? Not the one that most fighters have, but the one only he seems to have. I'm guessing no, as I've maxed out the Thai.

I failed to get into the Hall Of Fame with my heavyweight submission artist, Alex Karpov. I skipped almost all the press events like autograph sessions, so that is probably why since I went 31-4 with multiple fights of the night. Still, I am happy. He is the highest ranked fighter in the division and had two reigns as champion, retiring with the belt. I had a sweet trilogy with Frank Mir. I beat him in a title defence with a triangle from the top. He returned the favour in fight two with an arm bar. I won the series and reclaimed my belt with a ground n' pound knockout.

My signature move was the triangle choke, either from the bottom with the rubber guard or from full mount. I found it easier to lock in then other moves and I think I won 12 of my fights with it.

l finished a kickboxing BJJ Heavyweight 38-2 in my career. Gave up on sparring after I got to like high 80s overall. Got every trophy(4 fight of nights, like 9 kos of the night and 1 submission of the night off a full mount triangle in under two minutes.)

I am going to try to get the pound for pound trophy eventually. (Y)