UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

It's official, I suck all shorts of shit at this game once it hits the floor unless its on the easiest difficulty.

But goddamn is spamming Anderson Silvas left/right jabs in a 20-hit combo fun.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Started training and done with tutorials, started playing the CPU, I find it next to impossible to successfully lock in a submission :(

I played one online match, killed the guy with the Superman Punch in 36 seconds, sweet :D

You really have to work the opponent over first. Throw a lot of leg kicks and body shots. By the third round, you should be getting side control or full mount and going for submissions. It is next to impossible to get them right away.

Unless you can get mount early on, block their transitions and then lock in a submission.

Or as soon as they let go from being tired take them down and tap them out easily. :D

Yeah, did that one myself to someone last night, worked me over too much in the clinch, and got tapped out 5 seconds later with a submission.

Don't panic and start to spam transitions. Defend yourself and try to time your transitions with as soon as your opponent starts his attack. Also minor transitions have a higher change of success then major ones so keep that in mind.

Don't panic and start to spam transitions. Defend yourself and try to time your transitions with as soon as your opponent starts his attack. Also minor transitions have a higher change of success then major ones so keep that in mind.

As always, can't be highlighted enough, take your time, don't rush in worry.

I've never met Kendall Grove, but I hate him. Undefeated until I met him, when he took me out with his Muy Thai clinch 1:05 into the first round. I went away and kicked some more arse and eventually got the rematch. I managed to avoid the clinch this time, but he somehow managed to knock me out 1:50 into the first. 3rd match, I was sure I could beat him this time ... 0:11 he knocks me out. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I swear on expert the computer fucking cheats in order to stop you from going undefeated.

I had a situation last night where I started a lightweight boxing/judo guy and I got to about my 10th or 11th fight against Thiago Tavares and the fucking bastard must have cheated because he applied a submission (in the first round) when I have full fucking energy (and near full stam) and he completely drained all my energy before he tapped me out. I have max str for a lightweight (80) so at that point in time there is no fucking way he should have been able to submit me.

What is the easiest way to stop transitions? I was fighting someone, I was Forrest Griffin and he was Rashad Evans. I couldn't for the life of me stop him from any transitions, so how do you stop them? Any help?

To block transitions you have to hold the R stick either left or right when they are attempting to transition, if you want to reverse, flick the stick as soon as you see them start to transition.

edit: rather then use a new post, What's everyone's online record for ranked matches? Mine is like 44-7.

Edited by kale

I'm like, 22-14. I'm guessing I've had about 6 leave games so it's probably closer to 30-14. Hopefully now that I know how to block and reverse transitions I can improve on that.