UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

R3 to catch a punch, then transitions :)

Doesn't that auto-submit, not just catch? Also, if you do use this tactic, block ALL the time and just watch their arms, don't randomly press R3, make sure you time it - if there's one thing this game will teach you, it's that button bashing (even somewhat specified button bashing) just doesn't work in it.

Muay Thai clinch annoys me i cannot defend it. They move my head and go to hit i just dunno how to defend it. I try the grapple block hold the analog stick in the direction it says but does nothing... 12-5 in my career two losses to Kendall Grove by the Muay Thai clinch, 2 losses to Amir Sadollah cause of BJJ (1st fight had 50% stamina going in, 2nd took on 2 weeks notice) and Ricardo Almedia submitted.

Guy got knock out power it is just submissions and muay thai

I'm 11-4 in my career so far at Lightweight. Thiago Tavares has got me in the full mount twice and just bitched me the shit out. One of the other two defeats was in the same manner and I can't remember the fourth. I have a feeling I just got knocked the fuck out. :(

My kicks to the head look sweet though. :)

Getting out of the Muay Thai clinch can be very difficult, especially when your CAF doesn't have decent enough stats and you're facing somebody like Wanderlai Silva. Obviously it will be different against human opponents but if you're facing the CPU, hold away on the right stick and when they pull you towards them it should break it. Otherwise your best bet is to block (RB for knees to the head, RT for knees to the body) or to counter one of their attacks when they don't do the whip first as there's usually a break between them and they'll use it to just do straight strikes rather than whipping. You can also press away on the right stick to block their initial clinch attempt if you're quick enough.

In my second career I'm fighting in the middleweight division. I was planning to take fights against the lowest ranked fighter each time I was given a choice as I was hoping to go undefeated for the achievement. I got to 6-0 but then was submitted by Amir Sadollah. Couldn't get into mount against him which has been my trademark way of finishing thus far, he'd just reverse it. Punched myself out a bit and eventually got caught in a guillotine :(

I'm really having difficulties with grappling still. When I'm on the mat it's nearly impossible for me to get the other guy in a submission as well as trying to get into the full mount. If he's on top I might as well just wait until the round ends and hope he doesn't get a submission.

Clinch? Fucking get out. My fighter is Muay Thai, but have I ever done anything from the Clinch? Of course not.

Reading the thread I see everyone else seems to have this problem too. Just very frustrated since I feel it's really hurting my appreciation of the game. I still like it, but god I hate just sitting on the mat for 3 minutes doing nothing.

Another way to counter the Thai clinch...throw a hard punch when your opponent reaches for you.

I can see why some people have problems on the ground, since it controls like Fight Night and my brothers both had to switch to button controls in Fight Night.

Edited by Toe

How they hell did you do that? I've never managed to submit the computer since I've been playing the game, even if I have someone with high strength and submission skills. Any pointers on how I need to apply the submission and/or when they should be applied? Also, what method to you use to clinch it in, fast button action or joystick?

How they hell did you do that? I've never managed to submit the computer since I've been playing the game, even if I have someone with high strength and submission skills. Any pointers on how I need to apply the submission and/or when they should be applied? Also, what method to you use to clinch it in, fast button action or joystick?

My method is the beat the opponent to a pulp with body shots. Once it gets to the end of the second round and into the third, I work them on the ground to sap them of their remaining stamina, then go for an arm bar from the mount or choke from behind. I always just hammer the buttons.