UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Just played the demo, liked it even though chuck lidells headis way to smal... i will get this wen i am don with the games i have now and it gets a little cheaper...

i cannot download the game in the german store (caus its 18+ here and they are not alowed to) but wen i get it illegaly from the US store it´s fully german. ^^

I play on Advanced.

This.

I'm getting much better on the ground now. I just need to improve my defensive side of it a bit more and my offensive side a lot, as far as the ground goes.

I'm also quite shit in the clinch. I thought I was good until Kongo (I'm sure it was him) kept grabbing hold of me in it, beating the shit out of me and I couldn't get out of it. :(

Still ended up beating him though.

Up to 17-5 online now. :) A mix of KO's and Submissions so I'm getting good all round.

Beat a lvl 34 in 1 minute there, so make that 18-5. He spammed the body kicks so I took him down full mount and that was it over.

EDIT: Just lost my 8 win streak to a flash KO. I'd knocked the hell out of him too. :(

Edited by Captain Kirk

I got beat by some one on their debut. :crying:

It really pisses me off how you can stay in the clinch for ages or you and the opponent can keep going from the mount to sat down behind each other, back to mount, back to sat down 50,000 times. There should be a certain amount of time before it's released or something.

Edited by TheModernWay

Well, according to official rules that is permitted because both are trying to advance their positions and thus they are working and the referee does not to stand them up. It is very annoying yes, but realistic to the rules.

Edited by SRN O)))

I know, but it's very boring. And I mean like after 15 seconds or so in the clinch, it just breaks with no ref involvement, and say after five mount-to-sit-to-mount cycles, your guy breaks out of the sitting position or something. Kinda like with American football, you get you're chances, it's up to you to make use of them.

Some tool sent me a message saying "die" before our fight. I won. He sent one back "good shit lol" (maybe he meant shot), at the same time as I replied to his die message "sorry, what was that?".

lol, tools.

Edited by TheModernWay

I know, but it's very boring. And I mean like after 15 seconds or so in the clinch, it just breaks with no ref involvement, and say after five mount-to-sit-to-mount cycles, your guy breaks out of the sitting position or something. Kinda like with American football, you get you're chances, it's up to you to make use of them.

You could always just reverse it. Transition before your opponents able to or hold the right stick, stopping him from going back to mount before you transition out. Or catch him in a submission if you are stuck in the mount. There's quite a few ways to avoid just sitting in the same position for 20 seconds.

I mean that it usually just ends up with me rolling over to sat down, then rolling back to him in mount over and over.

5 second knockout :D. I was Rampage, he was Machida, he ran at me from the bell, big right hand, over.

You could always just reverse it. Transition before your opponents able to or hold the right stick, stopping him from going back to mount before you transition out. Or catch him in a submission if you are stuck in the mount. There's quite a few ways to avoid just sitting in the same position for 20 seconds.

I got this today and that is one big problem I am having. How do you actually reverse it? Or turn it into a submission of your own? Nothing seems to work for me. Any help would be great :)

I mean that it usually just ends up with me rolling over to sat down, then rolling back to him in mount over and over.

Well when you roll into the sitting position from mount, hold the right stick to block your opponent's transition back to mount and then major transition to standing.

I got this today and that is one big problem I am having. How do you actually reverse it? Or turn it into a submission of your own? Nothing seems to work for me. Any help would be great :)

To reverse a transition you need to flick the right stick when your opponent tries to transition. To simply block it just hold the right stick in a direction. As for submissions, some fighters can go for them when in open guard defense down by clicking the right stick. You can also click the right stick right before your opponent connects with a punch on the ground to try a submission.

Holding the right stick, either right or left will prevent your opponent from doing transitions. So if you're in seated position and a guy is trying to turn you into mount, holding the stick will stop (and with most human players, if you stop them 2 or 3 times, they'll then try to punch, that's when you do your own transition and you'll turn around into an an advantageous position. If you suck at the ground game, this is the time where you should click the LS as much as you can and try to get it standing lol) As for a reversal, same thing, but you just have to flick (not hold) the right stick at the correct time.

To catch a submission, click in the Right stick. From the mount, have to time it when they punch at you so you grab their arm for an armbar. It's helpful to brush up on the different moves in tutorial, as different styles have a few different moves. With BJJ you can do a triangle, or a jumping armbar from standing position (which catches a lot of people off guard), whereas with a wrestler you've got a few slams in your arsenal.

So I'd suggest for people having problems just go through the 'action list' and learn the moves unique to each style. Most of the commands are the same throughout all the styles, but there are a few that are helpful.