UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I swear on expert the computer fucking cheats in order to stop you from going undefeated.

I had a situation last night where I started a lightweight boxing/judo guy and I got to about my 10th or 11th fight against Thiago Tavares and the fucking bastard must have cheated because he applied a submission (in the first round) when I have full fucking energy (and near full stam) and he completely drained all my energy before he tapped me out. I have max str for a lightweight (80) so at that point in time there is no fucking way he should have been able to submit me.

Are you sure it's not you cheating? :shifty:

80 strength only 10 fights in seems almost ridiculous and I haven't a clue how anyone could possibly do that, unless they did nothing but train for strength every single week. That's just crazy.

Nope I did the same but it was by like my 15th fight cause I shared with cardio training.

Im about 21-1 fuck I think the computer forces you to lose, i lost to Huerta but I destroyed him in the rematch (first match 29-28, second TKO 2nd round)

So how exactly were the rest of your stats? I don't see how you can do that but at the same time improve much upon sparring stats, if at all, including the training camps. I must be doing something wrong, because if someone can get their guy to awesome inside 10 fights, then I certainly am.

I'm going to have to semi agree with you. It seems like you can get hot, maybe 2 to 3 fights on expert, but that 4th fight, the person, no matter whom you pick, is out fighting you no matter what you try.

Cheick Kongo sucks.

In my career, I had him locked in submissions three times! Every time, he managed to fight out of the second part of the submission after a minute of button mashing. I had a flying arm bar, a kimura from the bottom, and a triangle from mount, and each time he got out. I still won, but goddamn Kongo!

I love the Superman punch personally, but I always work people over with leg kicks and body punches and try to make them tap before I use it to often. And on a sad note, my disc no longer works. :(

Guess I'm going to Wal-Mart to swap it out later today.

So how exactly were the rest of your stats? I don't see how you can do that but at the same time improve much upon sparring stats, if at all, including the training camps. I must be doing something wrong, because if someone can get their guy to awesome inside 10 fights, then I certainly am.

I tend to up my strength first when playing career mode. I'm good enough that not having the other stats as high doesn't affect me too much.

I love the Superman punch personally, but I always work people over with leg kicks and body punches and try to make them tap before I use it to often. And on a sad note, my disc no longer works. :(

The punch itself I'm fine with, people using it every other move I am not.

It feels like my disc (or maybe my X-Box) is taking a shit. I just bought the game and got my box back from being repaired on Tuesday, and sometimes the X-Box will read the disc as a "Mixed Media Disc" or something like that. At first, I thought of it as a joke. Mixed Martial Arts, Mixed Media Disc.

But yeah, did you have the same problem before your disc crapped out on you?

I can't play online it seems. When I try and enter a quick ranked match it says no match found. Then when I create a match it won't do it. Any ideas why it's being an arse. I'm getting conection with PSN fine btw.

On another note loving the realism and detail. In my second fight as Forrest Griffin against Chuck Liddell I went for a spinning back fist but Liddell duck a little and my arm was caught behind his neck, leaving me open to a combo. Managed to pull back off but it looked pretty awesome.

So I just bought the game and spent my first fifteen minutes making a custom avatar for my self. What? Yeah, I have been indoctrinated to the new "X-Box experience" which is new to me. My girlfriend is now making her own avatar so we'll be just so fucking adorable with our avatar couple.

Anyway, I'll edit in some thoughts about the game when I've had a chance to play it. I can't wait, hope it's as much fun as the Fight Night games were, granted I'm comparing apples and oranges.

I can't play online it seems. When I try and enter a quick ranked match it says no match found. Then when I create a match it won't do it. Any ideas why it's being an arse. I'm getting conection with PSN fine btw.

I've never even tried quick match TBH, but just go on custom and it all works out fine.

Still won't work. I've got 82% signal strength and am connected to PSN. Tried Fifa and that conected fine so dunno why this isn't. Annoying really. Will move the console closer to the wireless router at some point and try it then.

I finally got back into this after about a week of not playing it and got rewarded with my sickest KO so far.

Title fight, Tajiri against BJ Penn, 30 odd seconds into the second round, He steps in to try and punch me and gets DROPPED! with an uppercut KO, On the close up I could see that it got him right on the tip of the chin, Got me Tajiri's first ever KO and Fight of the night award, So He only needs Kickboxing lvl 4 (150 points to go) and hall of fame for the trophy collector achievement.

and in the next title fight, Tajiri is up against Tyson Giffin and we get to the 3rd round with most of the fight being on the feet due to Tajiri's good takedown defence, Both our stamina bars have seen better days and his is in the red. and Griffin gets a lucky shot in and knocked me down, I was about to get up but he wrestle dived on top of me, Big mistake once again, Just like our first fight when I caught him with an early surprise armbar for the win, This time I catch him with a surprise Triangle Choke for the win, Tyson Griffin has to learn to stop getting Tajiri on his back, Because Tajiri can and will surprise submit him.

So I made myself in the game at 155, given that I'm around that weight anyway. So I've had three fights, and this has been quite a fun game. I'm still trying to learn the clinch and submission moves, but have been a pretty successful striker, granted I knew I'd be doing a lot of punching so I made my fighter a boxer.

I have a question, when I knock an opponent down or rock him and knock him down, how do I pounce on him and punch the shit out of him? When I have done this, it seems that my guy sort of slowly moves toward him and doesn't have a sense of urgency to finish the fight.