UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Which is my biggest complaint. I think there should be a chained button where once rocked either you can run in, walk or stand your ground. Even running I've managed to not be quick enough to get to them.

Now I've started to understand why some people have moaned once you get to a certain level online. I'm struggling to put hardly any wins down, simply because it seems 9 times out of 10, people quit at the higher levels when they lose. And so the majority of results are when I lose, because I don't quit. Just had two fights with my CAF, both against GSP. The first one I somehow knocked him out in the first minute of the first round with a combo, which surprised me, but he quit. Then me and another guy were having a perfectly fine match, which I'd say I was winning leading into the end of the second round, must have been a point or two ahead on the scorecards and the tit quit. He messaged me claiming it was laggy, so I guess it had nothing to do with him clearly losing on the scorecards and his stamina and energy being close to drained out, cock.

It's been asked before but I never noticed an answer, what exactly is the patch going to change? I'd still rather they get round to it so when people quit, you get the win or at least a chance to continue against the computer or something, like the Smackdown franchise did.

THQ is currently working on a patch for UFC 2009 Undisputed. Given the time it takes to create the patch and get through the certification process we are looking at probably over two weeks and most likely a month or so away. The patch will address the online problem with no result being recorded when people quit and also will work to eliminate some of the lag that has been experienced.

No word yet on what else, if anything, would be included in the patch. Hopefully some of the minor grievances with career mode will be fixed up as well. Given the apparent success and popularity of the title it was inevitable that it would be patched, though how significant and effective it will be remains in question.

source: http://www.pastapadre.com/8649/patch-in-th...ks-for-ufc-2009

EDIT: But some people are doubting if there will be a patch at all on the UFC Undisputed forums. People say that the June 13th date is made up, etc. Soooo yeah. When e-mailing THQ they apparently say they're looking into the issue, so take that as you will.

Edited by Mr Evil Guy

Getting a reply from THQ is a lost cause for those people trying. The same ones tried over and over with the Smackdown patch, cant really go by any dates they say.

That said, no results get recorded? Boo on that. It wont really change anything and if anything, people will quit more, because it'll just mean they get no DNF either. I dunno, we'll see as I'm guessing there's more to the patch than announced, hopefully it happens though.

My record has took a dive because of it, I'm not bothered that much about losing but it annoys you when people quit, I had someone quit after I tapped them out 10 seconds left in the 3rd round and also for a decision, absolutely raging. 15 minutes for nothing.

That said, no results get recorded? Boo on that. It wont really change anything and if anything, people will quit more, because it'll just mean they get no DNF either. I dunno, we'll see as I'm guessing there's more to the patch than announced, hopefully it happens though.

I think you read it wrong. It says it will address the problem of no results getting recorded when people quit, which presumably means it will give people who quit a loss and people who are quit on a win.

I figured the running thing might be my option, seems that my guy doesn't want to run when I want him to. Thanks for the replies either way.

Still, the game is pretty bad ass thus far. I'm really amazed at the roster, is the Yukes the company that also does the Smackdown games or are they the company that did work on the No Mercy engined games?

I figured the running thing might be my option, seems that my guy doesn't want to run when I want him to. Thanks for the replies either way.

Still, the game is pretty bad ass thus far. I'm really amazed at the roster, is the Yukes the company that also does the Smackdown games or are they the company that did work on the No Mercy engined games?

Yuke's are the guys behind the Smackdown games. They also own the majority of NJPW.

Nope, I don't know if I will be for sometime. Playing online has never been a huge priority for me, my girlfriend wants to do it more than I, and I think we will eventually, but probably not in the near future.

I need to work on my submission anyway, I got guillotined by Mac Danzig and submitted for my first loss in career. I've got my re-match and hopefully I can keep it upright and knock his ass out.

I am surprised that Roger Huerta, Matt Hamill, and Clay Guida didn't make the final cut, unless they are going to be downloadable at a later date. Somebody may have mentioned this on one of the previous pages but I really don't want to sift through 80+ pages.

Doing exhibition matches is fun as well just for the fun of knocking Mirko Cro Cop out with Brock Lesnar. Or letting Mike Swick get his revenge against Chris Leben.

Christ, is there any fucking way to defend against a submission? Seems like I can't defend against them for shit, yet the opponent can just brush my attempts off with no problem, doesn't matter where the stamina is. It's getting absurd. Even with the minor transitions, anything on the ground is just useless for me.