UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Maia's a bitch on career lol last career he beat me twice i think...thinking about it i lost mainly to BJJ guys with like 3 losses to Amir Sadollah, Ricardo Almedia, Kendall Grove. Only one was Dan Henderson

I beat Maia for the middleweight title to make me 11-0 but Henderson was the one to cause me a lot of trouble, taking me down, getting full mount, tiring me out and ends up knocking me out from ground and pound to take the title from me. It was awful.

Maia's a bitch on career lol last career he beat me twice i think...thinking about it i lost mainly to BJJ guys with like 3 losses to Amir Sadollah, Ricardo Almedia, Kendall Grove. Only one was Dan Henderson

Two losses in my career thus far, one obviously to Maia and the other to Sadollah. Both submissions.

Bisping won the Middelweight title fairly early on in my career, held it for ages while Anderson Silva lost a few including one to Yushin Okami who is now the champion.

Somebody help me :(

Put the game on earlier and at the load up screen, it started to load my data and then popped up saying it's corrupt and asked if I wanted to overwrite it, otherwise I cant save. Please somebody tell me there's something I can do. If I overwrite it, will that overwrite everything including my career? I played the game yesterday and it was fine, so I don't understand how this has happened. Surely there's something I can do?

I need a strategy guide for this game. Cannot help but lose ad nauseum.

I don't understand Major/minor transitions. Not too good at reversing things on the ground. Clinch I have no idea what I'm doing.

Despite that, it's still a pretty awesome game.

Will get better with practise no doubt.

I would say read the manual it came with. I had the game for about a week without going through it, needless to say, it helped me out quite a bit. There's a little chart inside of it that shows you the motions of the ground game, how to get from point A to point b, like from side control to mount, etc. Also, practice practice practice mode, I can't stress this feature enough, it will help you hone in your skills on the areas you need to work on.

Start off on a lower level, Beginner, than move your way up after you've figured a good amount of the controls out. I played the demo on expert right out of the gate, when I played the full game, I had to drop all the way back down to beginner in career mode. There's no shame in it really, just didn't know enough about the controls during the demo, I just stuck with a certain game plan. In beginner mode, take your time. You're going to want go for the easy kills, but work on what you need to work on during this time.

Does anyone know what exactly you have to do to get the roster run through achievement? I've played with everyone including the two DLC fighters though I don't have Mask unlocked. So do you have to do it with the Tapout guys as well?

Okay... so, my strength is maxed out, and my submission defense is at 70 something... facing Leites... and he takes me down right at the start. I don't do anything at all. I let him gain mount as an experiment, because my inability to escape submissions on the 3rd difficulty was making me angry... and I wanted to see what would happen with full stamina.

He tapped me... so easy.

I seriously, am at a loss for words. I have no idea what the fuck it is I'm supposed to be doing to avoid submissions. The Shine and the button mash both worked on lower difficulties, but now, as soon as it's being set up, I'm fucked, no matter what.

I presume, Marsh, that you've gone through the tutorial? Go through every exercise in the tutorial if you haven't already, it's a pretty decent learning tool.

Does anyone know what exactly you have to do to get the roster run through achievement? I've played with everyone including the two DLC fighters though I don't have Mask unlocked. So do you have to do it with the Tapout guys as well?

Same problem for me. I've read around and apparently you don't need to use the DLC or unlockable fighters but you must use all the others in exhibition mode. Using them in Classic Fights or online doesn't count towards the achievement. Just sounds like it's glitched to me, I'll probably get it at a random point after an exhibition fight sometime :rolleyes:

Didn't work doing everyone who you could in the weight classes then? I assume you've used CAF's too?

It has to be a one player bout in exhibition (online doesn't count from what I gather) and you have to finish (IE: You don't have to win, but you do have to get a finish by some means) the match.

Other than those can't really think why it wouldn't work :(

Edited by Mr Benji~!

Well I don't know if it differs for PS3 trophies and 360 achievements but from what I've read on various 360 forums you don't need to use a fighter in each weight class they fight in. Having to fight the CPU could be a legit reason for me not getting it though because a fair few of my fights have been against my brother.

I know the achievement/trophy descriptions can be a bit vague but there's other achievements/trophies on UFC that say 'against the CPU' so if you need to fight the CPU I would have thought it would say against the CPU.

Edited by AD

I think the achievement might be glitched because I've played with every player and last night I went and played with every guy that can change weight classes, in both weight classes. More games need to have what X-Men Origins had, a nice little menu that had your progress towards each achievement.

I need a strategy guide for this game. Cannot help but lose ad nauseum.

I don't understand Major/minor transitions. Not too good at reversing things on the ground. Clinch I have no idea what I'm doing.

Despite that, it's still a pretty awesome game.

Will get better with practise no doubt.

Do the tutorial about a million times. You will pick up the theory at least very well by doing so.

I think the achievement might be glitched because I've played with every player and last night I went and played with every guy that can change weight classes, in both weight classes. More games need to have what X-Men Origins had, a nice little menu that had your progress towards each achievement.

UFC does have that under game progress shows you how often you have used each character offline. :shifty: