UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Starting to get real sick of the AI cheating in career mode, just because I'm 8-0. My ground game is stronger than my stand-up, so I'm too worried when Frank Edgar manages to take me down with EVERY SIGNLE FUCKING ATTEMPT. I am however a little alarmed when every single transition is reversed (not even just blocked), despite the fact that I'm timing it properly. It's impossible for me to escape, ever. Rather than coming across is challenging, it's just frustrating and impossible to the point that it feels scripted.

Tell me, why do BJJ guys when in a clinch, instead of, I dunno, doing a throw that puts you in an advantageous position, fall down and drag the other guy on top of you? That's not advantageous. :angry:

This guy beat me with the cheapest of wins ever. We were on the ground and we ended up getting back to our feet, but he punched me as we were standing up, causing me to fall over. And as I was down, he put a submission on my leg and beat me. I was BJ Penn too, as he was Sean Sherk. Bullllllshhhhhiiiittttt.

Edited by TheModernWay

Dragonzord: Yea I find the computer cheats sometimes on the hardest difficulty levels to prevent you from going undefeated. The last CAF I created ended up 100 OVR and I was 14-0 with the title when during my next fight I had full stamina and the computer was completely gassed and the computer tapped me out like it was nothing (my char had high str too).

TMW: Rubber guard :P Mount, full posture in two easy transitions.

Against Captain Block McBlockyBlock online? ¬¬

They really need to sort something out about having people just sit on you and block everything before you've even done it.

Oooooooooooooooooooh yes. Just got my reach level 50 trophy, the 15 submissions, 20 wins until 100 and am currently a win away (or a decent showing in loss) from 1 million fans as I have around 500 fans to gain to hit it.

Also got another one hit KO in 4 seconds in the process too. I thought the one I got before was pure fluke and I'd never get another too. Good thing was that I was preoccupied doing the touch gloves gesture as he ran in, and somehow managed to smack him in the head in time with a right hand from Rich Franklin.

Scratch that, I had number dyslexia, I've only got 100,000 fans. Fuck. :cries:

Edited by TheModernWay

TMW: Rubber guard :P Mount, full posture in two easy transitions.

Against Captain Block McBlockyBlock online? ¬¬

They really need to sort something out about having people just sit on you and block everything before you've even done it.

Oooooooooooooooooooh yes. Just got my reach level 50 trophy, the 15 submissions, 20 wins until 100 and am currently a win away (or a decent showing in loss) from 1 million fans as I have around 500 fans to gain to hit it.

Also got another one hit KO in 4 seconds in the process too. I thought the one I got before was pure fluke and I'd never get another too. Good thing was that I was preoccupied doing the touch gloves gesture as he ran in, and somehow managed to smack him in the head in time with a right hand from Rich Franklin.

Scratch that, I had number dyslexia, I've only got 100,000 fans. Fuck. :cries:

Don't let them take you down? It's about as simple as that really. And if they do and then sit on your face, the minute you're out, do the same to them. I'm happy to play any style, but if somebody decides they're just looking for take downs and going to lay on top of me for every single round, the minute I get out I'm going to see how they like it.

Have barely played this over the last few weeks, went back on it yesterday and went on a 5-0 killing streak with Lesnar online. I think it's ever since watching his fight against Mir that I somehow use him better on the game, which is weird. Taking a break from the game just seems to have helped me control things much more. The most important thing is always staying calm under all circumstances. Also, it's not the guys who sit on top of you that annoy me, it's the ones that hide every single round, wait for you to strike and just push up or down to counter it, while doing NOTHING else during the fight.

Managed to tap Kongo out with Lesnar in the third round (Some guy called 'GOT U DOWN SON') and then he quit, which pissed me off. So I sent him fifteen messages taunting him and saying 'LESNNNARRR'... :shifty:

Managed to tap Kongo out with Lesnar in the third round (Some guy called 'GOT U DOWN SON') and then he quit, which pissed me off. So I sent him fifteen messages taunting him and saying 'LESNNNARRR'... :shifty:

I believe the correct turn of phrase is WAR LESNAR.

Also, how in the fuck do you go about getting the weekly challenge achievement?

I believe the correct turn of phrase is WAR LESNAR.

Also, how in the fuck do you go about getting the weekly challenge achievement?

Getting all of the Gold Medals I beleive....the One hit-KO, KO when rocked, doing lots of damage to their entire body, and I can't remember the others.

So it is true that the game is unbeatable on Expert. No way to counter, transition out, and when the AI gets the mount you are done, no questions asked.

Although I did an 8 fight win streak on Career Mode, BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT! <_<

Edited by OphidiSRN

If you want an easier way to get out of full mount just simply grab them and pull them down then try the escape. Trying to the escape while they're postured up is a lot more difficult.

But that's the thing, if they do take me down or catch a punch/kick or whatever, they'll then have me on the ground and hold back forcing me to basically lie there or waste energy by trying to get out or punch. Either one I do results in them throwing a quick punch and then blocking instantaneously and I'm fucked.

I find that in Classic Fights mode it becomes impossible with the ones where you have to win by a certain submission in the second round. First round fine, then come the second round they become a machine and block everything so you can't transition into the right position for the armbar/rear-naked choke.

God GSP is so boring. ¬¬

Just did the Sanchez vs. Karo classic fight and watched the video you get after it. I now feel very sick.

Edited by TheModernWay

Finally got the Roster Run-Through achivement. Only took a day or two. <_< And racked up a decent win streak on Expert as well, although my fight playing Eddie Sanchez against Cain Velasquez was probably more luck than skill. He had me rocked like five times in Round Two and I just managed to survive till the third. Sanchez was so amazingly blown out that you cannot even imagine it but then Velsquez shoots in for a takedown, Sanchez lifts his knee up and bam, Velasquez shoots right into it and knocks himself out. Victory for me! :P

When you're in the clinch, how the fuck do you counter/block? I've done it before, I know I have but I haven't got a clue how I do it, I just mash away. It gets on my tits how I can catch their punch and before I can even do anything they've reversed it into a clinch of their own. :angry:

As good as the game is, it's also the most frustrating for me. There's skill of blocking moves as they happen, but there's also what is essentially cheating of just holding back to block everything like a big catch-all net. I'd rather have a fun fight than lose because someone just sits there.

Edited by TheModernWay

So explain to me why I KO every sing opponent I get into the Octogon with, but as soon as it's one of my big PPV matchups I always lose?

A combination of the difficulty of the AI riseing and your fighter climbing the lader faster than he is training his skills.