Favourite wrestlers in games?

Liam

Since this is primarily a wrestling forum, and most of us have played practically every wrestling game under the sun, or so it seems, I thought this would be a fun topic to start. Basically, every game, you have your favourite wrestlers to play as, whether it be because you like them in real life, or they have a great movelist, or for various other reasons. So, who are your favourites?

My main one would have to be WCW/NWO Revenge era DDP, because, as well as the game ruling and having all these little nuances that made it awesome, the ability to use your finisher from 3 or 4 different situations was brilliant. Plus he had the discus punch, which was always fun to lamp people with. Outside of this, I enjoyed playing as Heidenreich in whichever Smackdown he made it into, mostly due to his generic big man power moves tempered with some good punch combos. Across the Smackdown series as a whole, Prince Albert was another one that I enjoyed playing as, as his movelist was awesome.....as was Kanyon's in WCW/NWO Revenge (placed together as they had very similar moves, IIRC)

When I was heavily into playing No Mercy with friends, I used to be almost unstopable with the Undertaker. No other big man could do the same for me. But perhaps my fave memory was a birthday party for my best friend and me and another mate who didn't give a shit about wrestling were taking on all-comers for our tag team titles with me as Road Dogg (:o) and my mate as The Kat who pretty much spent all her time dancing on the apron, getting bounced off said apron or cuasing the sneak attack that won us the match. >_>

Rick Rude on Legends of Wrestlemania. I will never, ever tire of playing as him.

Kane on Smackdown 2 was great, his big boot and uppercuts were both death, and he had some cool powermoves.

And though I tired of the new Smackdown a bit quickly, John Morrison is great on there, I spam his back-breaker/neckbreaker combo to death, and when it connects right his spring-board kick TO THE FACE is death. Me and a mate are always Miz and Morrison whenever we play.

The Rock in WWF Warzone was always my first choice. In WCW/nWo Revenge, it was Psychosis.

All the Cruiserweights on Revenge were excellent to play as, Psychosis was probably my favourite too.

SMACKDOWN 2

Grandmasta Sexay and Kane, every time. Sometimes I'd play as Scotty 2 Hotty as well, but the Hip Hop Drop was the move that finished most of my matches. Kane was just awesome because he looked like a beast.

HERE COMES THE PAIN

Brock Lesnar. Awesome moveset and was totally unstoppable, the F-5 will probally always be my favourite finishing move. I have awesome memories of pumping up the difficulty and having epic matches against Goldberg. Also the game had American Badass Undertaker, so clearly I've duked it out with most of the roster using him.

SMACKDOWN versus RAW SERIES

I played as Bobby Lashley a lot in the game(s) that he made it into and I remember using Randy Orton a lot just because of the RKO. In the latest games I'm pretty much always either Regal, Punk or Jericho.

LEGENDS OF WRESTLEMANIA

I'm pretty much always either Hogan, Michaels or Austin. I don't think I've ever played as The Rock now that I think about it and I also sometimes play as Punk/Regal, or have a "Dream Match" of sorts with guys like Cena against Hogan.

FIRE PRO WRESTLING R

Just thought I'd chuck this in as well, I mostly always played as Sting before I downloaded one of the characters packs, now when I can get my disk to work I'll play as Punk, AB Undertaker, Test or Scott Hall.

The Rock in WWF Warzone was always my first choice. In WCW/nWo Revenge, it was Psychosis.

All the Cruiserweights on Revenge were excellent to play as, Psychosis was probably my favourite too.

Yeah, they were. I always played as Rey Jr. or Ultimo Dragon in Revenge. In the Smackdown games, Randy Orton. In FPR I usually play as any one of Shinsuke Nakamura, Tigers Mask, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Stan Hansen, or Satoshi Kojima. Nakamura because I adore the Shining Triangle, Tigers Mask because he's fun, Nakajima because I just like the kid, Hansen and Kojima for LARIATS.

Undertaker in almost any Smackdown game. I usually beat story mode as Undertaker first - even when he had the American Badass gimmick rather than being the Deadman. Whichever game it was that had Classic `Taker as a legend, I had a field day with, because it had a move or two he rarely ever uses or doesn't even use at all any more. (Like the leaping elbow - not the one off the turnbuckle, but the one where he runs at the opponent on the mat and leaps in the air then crashes down with the elbow)

Diamond Dallas Page in Shut Your Mouth. I'm a huge DDP fan and the Diamond Cutter (not the RKO, but the actual Diamond Cutter) is my favorite non-submission finisher.

Chris Benoit before he and a bunch of his moves were removed from the game. I loved hitting the triple Germans then going for the Crossface or a Diving Headbutt. Doing the triple Germans then going for a Moonsault with a CAW just isn't the same.

Fire Pro R: Offhand......Jushin Liger, Great Muta, Keiji Mutoh, Tiger Mask (I, not IV), Satoshi Kojima, Kensuke Sasaki, Masa Chono, KENTA and Yuji Nagata. But I usually play as original creations I've made instead of as existing wrestlers.

And King is one of my favorite characters to use in the Tekken arcade games, but not the console versions because I have trouble doing the combos with a standard console controller. (I'm undefeated using King playing against another player in the arcades) Hell, even doing the figure 4 with a console controller is a pain at times.....

In WCW/NWO Revenge, Saturn was easily my favorite. He had a great arsenal of suplexes, the DVD, and some excellent striking attacks. I also second the love for Mortis and Psychosis, and also really enjoyed using Sting.

In WWF Attitude, Gangrel and Billy Gunn strangely enough were effective.

In the first Smackdown, it was either Edge or Chris Jericho.

Smackdown 2, Tazz was definitely my favorite character, followed by Chris Benoit.

For some reason I just always loved destroying people with Goldberg in all the games he was in. I also was a big mark for Bagwell in WCW/NWO, he had great taunts and just looked awesome.

As for Attitude and such, I usually played as Triple H. Oh, and Shawn Michaels was awesome in Wrestlemania the Arcade game :shifty:

Loads of Jericho - his moveset is pretty well suited to the game (as well as me being a Jericho mark) and had some good arial stuff, good striking, good grapple and had two very handy finishers - the Lionsault which went straight into a pin (useful) AND the Walls of Jericho. Submission finishers are handy for triple threats and four ways.

I've played a lot of Jeff Hardy since the early games on the PS1 cos I prefer playing the more agile guys than the power men.

Edited by Hammy Four Fingers

In Wrestlemania 2000, it was all about Undertaker. He took more damage than most of the other guys and seemed to be able to counter on a more frequent basis.

Moreso down the line, its been Edge, Kane & Chris Jericho.

Yet my most favorite wrestler in all of the wrestling games is the Honky Tonk Man in Legends of Wrestlemania, his quick punch combo means hes a bitch to beat online, and hitting the Shake, Rattle & Roll on an opponent just gives me a good feeling inside.