Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

A bit like Ben Watson not being able to take a legal corner and scoring from it twice times... hilarious when it's in your favour. ¬_¬

For me there was nothing wrong with either goal, the rule stipulates that the ball has to be merely touching the outside of the white quadrant line, and it was both times. Bit of a daft rule since the quadrant is there, but a rule none the less.

Possibly the most retarded transfer rumour I've seen this year:

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney has been linked with a move to Real Madrid after his representatives requested that the striker recorded two versions of a commercial in Barcelona: one wearing a red kit and the other in a white strip as worn by the Spanish side.

Yes. I cannot possibly think of any other white kit that Wayne Rooney might be seen wearing. Must mean Real Madrid. :shifty:

So.

* Chelsea have momentum following a commanding performance against Stoke.

* They know the title is in their hands and have no problem identifying the Liverpool game as crucially important to win.

* They play before Manchester United, so that result cannot psyche them out.

* They have demonstrated their ability to motivate themselves and perform at their very best against the 'Big Four' this season, with 5 wins out of 5 so far - including at Old Trafford, the Emirates, and against Liverpool at the Bridge.

* Liverpool are without Fernando Torres and one or two other key players.

* Liverpool played 120 minutes on Thursday night, while Chelsea have had the week off.

* Spurs, City and Villa play the day before. Wins for Spurs (at home to Bolton) and one of the other two (playing each other) will make 4th place virtually impossible for Liverpool, albeit not mathematically so.

Conclusion:

Everything is set up perfectly for a CLASSIC Chelsea meltdown. <_<

Stokey really reminds me of me, in the closing stages of 2006/7. tongue.gif

Despite everyone telling me that the title was United's to lose, I was convinved we'd find some way to fcuk it up and didn't believe it would happen until it was officially confirmed.

From my admittedly hazy memory, I think United were in quite a better position than your Chelsea team are now but I was just sure that the team would find some way to screw it up.

I'm quite pessimistic these days.

Which is a shame because I was one of the United fans that was going "yay we won the league!" in 1999/2000 and not one of those so called fans that was like "booo we only won the league"

I don't know what happened to turn me from an optimist to a pessimist in less than a decade. unsure.gif