Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Lol, match isn't even over yet and City fans are saying Mancini OUT.

Bunch of wankers the lot of 'em.

Isn't this Man City's highest ever Premier League finish too? Fickle, fickle fans.

But it's all about the trajectory of the results though, isn't it? I expect I'll see Garry Cook's mug on my television, spouting more drivel about a sacked manager, soon enough.

I don't get how Manchester City are being shown to be evil owners who'd sack their managers at the drop of a hat.

They have sacked ONE manager in three years, that manager being one that they didn't hire in the first place... but were willing to give him £200m to see if it worked.

Besides, wasn't their original idea something like Champions League football within 5 years? By finishing 5th, Manchester City have done more towards establishing themselves as a 'top four' club than getting a freak CL place and spending a fuckload on players.

Ultimately they are still progressing upwards like Tottenham are doing, and it could result in some tasty encounters over the next few years with six clubs capable of finishing in the top four... and Liverpool >.>

Really pleased Spurs got the win they deserved, and it's good for England that the likes of Defoe, Lennon, Dawson, Huddlestone and Crouch get Champions League experience next season - should they navigate the prelims obviously. They were the better team in every aspect tonight.

Bewdiful. :crying:

Now come on Fulham, I know you have a really big UEFA Cup final after your totally meaningless away game against Arsenal....But still, give it a go please.

I hear that Harry's suit is available for auction on talksport. Are Bentley's tighty blue keks available to bid on too?

Actually, they just have a really big bonfire going at the training ground that they're feeding £50 notes into to keep alight.

Pictures of Tony Carr's testimonial

Terry and Lampard just look utterly bemused.

That's awesome, very cool to see Terry, Lamps, Zola, Di Canio, Cole and the Ferdinands in West Ham shirts again. Well, not Zola & Terry but you know what I mean.

And that Chelsea band idea sounds hilarious. How many other footballers have proper bands? I know Slaven Bilic is in one, can't think of anyone else though.

Deadline was set for December ... and Hicks is saying it'd take about two years to sell.

Something has to give, especially without the 20-40m from the CL next year.

Deadline for what, refinancing?

I remember someone saying the difference in TV money between the Europa and Champions League is minimal, unless you happen to get to the Quarters (at least) of the CL.

IIRC as well, Hicks said "we've been here for 3 years, we won't be here for 5." Broughton has also said the club could be sold within 6 months.

We're fucked, basically, but we won't go bust.

No football club will be liquidated whilst they are still in the Premier League.

Surely Portsmouth FC is testament to that... with it trading whilst insolvent for the past five+ months.

IF and IF Liverpool go Bankrupt, it'll only ever happen once they get relegated. Whether that actually happens is anyone's guess, but I get the feeling that if they're not sold within 3 years then they'll be in the bottom half of the table at the very least. They can't keep selling off assets if there's no assets to be sold.