Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Delighted to see the title move away from Man Utd, Chelsea deserve it for sure. I feel sorry for Wigan a bit, especially Mike Pollitt as none of the goals were his fault and he actually pulled off some great saves right before a couple of them.

Not according to Pat Dolan who bitched and moaned about how winning the league was not what Ancellotti was supposed to do and some other nonsense. But then I think "Yeah, you're just a fat bloke used to manage Cork City, what do you know". Twat.

Hull/Liverpool was boring as hell. Don't know where we'll go from here. I'm glad Chelsea have won it though. I wonder how Spurs will do in the Champions League Quals.

• Like 1

Also why would it be dsgusting? Drogba is an excellent player who is clean off the pitch and does alot of charity work in Africa too, oh we must hate the guy because he dives occasionaly like alot of players.

He's just one of those players you hate - everyone has at least one. Most likely they play for one of your rival teams, score a shitload of goals and have dived/committed some dirty fouls, which have created a 100% negative image of them in your head. That goes with Drogba: he plays for Chelsea, he's a fantastic striker and he also is/was a diving, dirty cunt. :shifty:

Oh well. Gongratulations to Chelsea. Hurts to admit it, but they sure deserved it. We'll get ya next season.

Not a bad performance at all from us against Stoke and the singing of "Man United Will Never Die" in the end was great. I feel a bit empty now, like I do everytime I realize the season has ended (though for the past few years it's been PARTY PARTY PARTY, then feeling empty :P), but then it hit me that the World Cup is just a month away. Can't wait for that and the 2010/11 season.

• Like 1

Well, they think it's their dad's, anyway.

Lol.

Guess either the busy final week caught up with Spurs or else the Aresenal result at half-time took it out of them. I'll take finishing 4th though, and hopefully we can get into the group stages proper of the CL, would make my Wednesday nights a bit more exciting anyway!

stok can die happy. Perfect day for Chelsea. Golden boot SURELY now for Drogba now that he's got his penalty.

:D

The only blemish on this day is that I got pipped to 1st place in my work's Fantasy League by a Man Utd supporter (despite reducing her lead from 16 points to only 1 point!). Still, hardly a day for me to be picky. :shifty:

• Like 1

CORRECTION.

The Fantasy League website originally gave the assist to Bolton's first goal to Matt Taylor, which gave the Man Utd fan 2 points.

It has since changed this to Paul Robinson.

Meaning...

WINNAH.jpg

The Chelsea fan beats the Manchester United fan by 1 point!!! :w00t:

The guy in third is an Arsenal fan, amusingly enough. But the guy in 4th is a Darlington fan, thus breaking the chain of reality-mirroring coincidence. :shifty:

• Like 1

Well, they think it's their dad's, anyway.

Lol.

Guess either the busy final week caught up with Spurs or else the Aresenal result at half-time took it out of them. I'll take finishing 4th though, and hopefully we can get into the group stages proper of the CL, would make my Wednesday nights a bit more exciting anyway!

I'd imagine that they reacted to the 3-0 Arsenal half time score by slowing down a bit to avoid unnecessary injuries. While Spurs have capitulated badly in the past they've not really done it this season so it's out of character. When it's impossible to finish any higher, it's time to start dreaming of the beach.

It's a shame Zola's left, and poor performance aside, I think there's a wage issue going on. Doesn't Steve Clarke earn more than Man Utd's assistant manager? That's just obvious poor business. But seeing as the chairmen have bigger ideas for the club, eg. Dorrans and Martin Petrov, who Zola wasn't even told about, I think it has been on the cards for months that he's a gonna.