Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Typical Chelsea of course, two goals in injury time in both halves. New season, same old story.

You mean like how last season when we scored a grand total of four goals in added time (in either half), out of 68 Premier League goals in all? That 'same old story'? :P

Alright. Chelsea, 2008-09 season, Premier League goals (from 68 total):

Six goals scored in the last five minutes of the game.

Eight goals scored in the last ten minutes of the game.

I'd like to contrast this with Liverpool, if I may. :shifty: Again, 2008-09 season, Premier League goals (from 77 total):

Sixteen goals scored in the last five minutes of the game.

Twenty-one goals scored in the last ten minutes of the game.

Hopefully we brought them back down to earth :P

Four wins from four doesn't make Spurs Premier League contenders like the media would say, they're just writing their stories.

Still, I think we showed glimpses of having enough talent to compete with the champions and had Luka Modric been fit I really think we could have got something from the game. Robbie Keane needs to get it together though. I know he's playing out of position but he's been rubbish when playing in position as well. I still think he and Defoe are the number one choices up front but I'd like to see him do more, especially with Modric injured. Nice to see Jenas back in the side.

I was four minutes behind in the second half, then my Sky+ screwed up and caught up to Corluka being replaced by Hutton. Was he injured? Corluka was having a great game yet again before he was taken off.

Yeah I was disappointed that Corluka had been replaced by Hutton because Hutton isn't close to him in terms of general awesomeness.

However Man U were starting to play very deep counterattacking football at the time and Corluka just ain't quick enough to get back to defend against counter attack and Rooney and Giggs were starting to look dangerous against him.

Keane was totally non-descript out on the left. I was calling for him to be subbed at half time and I never usually want Keane subbed. Basically Spurs were playing really well until about the time Hutton came on (65?) then there were a few tired legs and we lost our shape a little....In fact Spurs were playing well until Scholes got sent off then Man U just sat back with 9 behind the ball for ages and just closed down the game and negated Tottenham's speed on the break.

Adebayor is a cunt.

Though, it was amusing that he runs the full length of the pitch to antagonise the very fans who called him lazy.

This, times a million.

What a complete and utter cock that guy is. Also, Arsenal had Eduardo banned for the dive after they reviewed it, so surely it's justice that Adebayor is banned AND fined for the disgusting kick to the face of RVP. It was one of the most intentional ones I've actually seen as well, so it's appalling he wasn't sent off on the day and if they don't follow up with a ban for him, it'll be a disgrace. Plus that on to the fact he could of caused a riot for his celebration. Biggest tit in football right now? Probably.

Adebayor was everwhere yesterday. He was the focal point of every attack, he was back defending corners and he was even clearing shots off the line. Ignoring the fact that he acted like an absolute cunt, he looks 5 times the player he was last year. Although I do wonder how long he'll keep playing like that when City start to lose a few games.

I'm also really looking forward to the match next week. It's shaping up to be the biggest and potentially most entertaining game of the season so far.

I'm looking forward to it as well, especially as it's possible Tevez and Adebayor will miss out. For once I wouldn't mind seeing Man Utd win a game.

Adebayor's actions were just ridiculous. Can't believe that stamp on RVP. Good to see Benayoun getting a hat-trick as I've always rated him and for me he should be playing more often from the start.

I'm looking forward to City humping Utd like usual.

All I can say about the Adebayor is that's the first time I've seen Arsenal fans make noise this year and rapists get what they deserve.(plus Van Persie needs to realise just because he's a striker doesn't mean he can tackle like he wants.)

Adebayor is a cunt.

Though, it was amusing that he runs the full length of the pitch to antagonise the very fans who called him lazy.

This, times a million.

What a complete and utter cock that guy is. Also, Arsenal had Eduardo banned for the dive after they reviewed it, so surely it's justice that Adebayor is banned AND fined for the disgusting kick to the face of RVP. It was one of the most intentional ones I've actually seen as well, so it's appalling he wasn't sent off on the day and if they don't follow up with a ban for him, it'll be a disgrace. Plus that on to the fact he could of caused a riot for his celebration. Biggest tit in football right now? Probably.

Oh fuck off. You had one of the dirtiest players in the history of football play for you in Roy Keane and I bet you loved his assault of Haaland. Not to mention the chuckle brothers have both run the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of City fans at different times during their careers. No charges for them. And if Stanislas and all the other players in the West Ham/Millwall game weren't charged, no way Adebayor should be.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to City humping Utd like usual.

All I can say about the Adebayor is that's the first time I've seen Arsenal fans make noise this year and rapists get what they deserve.(plus Van Persie needs to realise just because he's a striker doesn't mean he can tackle like he wants.)

Rapists get what they deserve? RVP came in pretty hard but he didn't even hit Adebayor, was nothing wrong with it. It doesn't justify Adebayor fuckin' stomping on RVP's face.