Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Adebayor is a cunt.

Though, it was amusing that he runs the full length of the pitch to antagonise the very fans who called him lazy.

This, times a million.

What a complete and utter cock that guy is. Also, Arsenal had Eduardo banned for the dive after they reviewed it, so surely it's justice that Adebayor is banned AND fined for the disgusting kick to the face of RVP. It was one of the most intentional ones I've actually seen as well, so it's appalling he wasn't sent off on the day and if they don't follow up with a ban for him, it'll be a disgrace. Plus that on to the fact he could of caused a riot for his celebration. Biggest tit in football right now? Probably.

Oh fuck off. You had one of the dirtiest players in the history of football play for you in Roy Keane and I bet you loved his assault of Haaland. Not to mention the chuckle brothers have both run the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of City fans at different times during their careers. No charges for them. And if Stanislas and all the other players in the West Ham/Millwall game weren't charged, no way Adebayor should be.

What on gods name are you going on about? What the hell has this got to do with Keane? For the record though, the stuff with Haaland was disgusting to be quite frank.

It's pathetic to say Adebayor shouldn't receive a ban for this. Eduardo just got punished for diving, let's not forget that kicking players in the head is just as bad, actually no, it's worst. As somebody said yesterday, a few inches the other side and it COULD of took out RVP in the eye and potentially even blinded the fucking guy, yet Adebayor deserves to get away with it? I'd understand if it was a sheer accident, but it's one of the most blatant and disgusting things a player has done in the Premiership as of late. I've got no clue why you're talking complete nonsense about past stuff. Anybody who thinks the Adebayor stuff was justified is a complete and utter fucking moron, period. I'm no Arsenal fan and don't greatly like RVP, but you don't kick somebody in their face like that.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

So, Evra stepped on Huddlestone as well...Consistency in approach?

I've not seen that so cant comment. Without seeing it, I'm quite sure Huddlestone wasn't bleeding and almost had his eye taken out as well. Of course if I'm wrong, please do point it out.

Speaking of Huddlestone, ugh at him being dirty over the weekend when Scholes got sent off. It was a red card, but on the replay when Scholes goes in, Huddlestone decided to clutch his face like he'd had a brick thrown at it, despite nothing touching him in the face.

Am I the only one who thinks that it looks like Adebayor just put his foot down awkwardly?

Hopefully yes.

There's no way he just put his foot down 'awkwardly' and the replay makes that clear. He puts more speed and power on it and it's clear he's trying to stamp on RVP. They also showed today him stamping on the leg of Fabregas, which I didn't realise until now. They also showed him being a general dick last night on MOTD by prancing around in the Arsenal half before kick off. Personally, I feel the stamp on RVP was the most blatant bad attack in the Premiership in quite some time. I just don't understand why some are defending him :/

Adebayor is a cunt.

Though, it was amusing that he runs the full length of the pitch to antagonise the very fans who called him lazy.

This, times a million.

What a complete and utter cock that guy is. Also, Arsenal had Eduardo banned for the dive after they reviewed it, so surely it's justice that Adebayor is banned AND fined for the disgusting kick to the face of RVP. It was one of the most intentional ones I've actually seen as well, so it's appalling he wasn't sent off on the day and if they don't follow up with a ban for him, it'll be a disgrace. Plus that on to the fact he could of caused a riot for his celebration. Biggest tit in football right now? Probably.

Oh fuck off. You had one of the dirtiest players in the history of football play for you in Roy Keane and I bet you loved his assault of Haaland. Not to mention the chuckle brothers have both run the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of City fans at different times during their careers. No charges for them. And if Stanislas and all the other players in the West Ham/Millwall game weren't charged, no way Adebayor should be.

What on gods name are you going on about? What the hell has this got to do with Keane? For the record though, the stuff with Haaland was disgusting to be quite frank.

It's pathetic to say Adebayor shouldn't receive a ban for this. Eduardo just got punished for diving, let's not forget that kicking players in the head is just as bad, actually no, it's worst. As somebody said yesterday, a few inches the other side and it COULD of took out RVP in the eye and potentially even blinded the fucking guy, yet Adebayor deserves to get away with it? I'd understand if it was a sheer accident, but it's one of the most blatant and disgusting things a player has done in the Premiership as of late. I've got no clue why you're talking complete nonsense about past stuff. Anybody who thinks the Adebayor stuff was justified is a complete and utter fucking moron, period. I'm no Arsenal fan and don't greatly like RVP, but you don't kick somebody in their face like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLA0ZAWes4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebluemoon%2Dmcfc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D139508%26start%3D40&feature=player_embedded#t=13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYWY4Pf9_M

Anywhere on the face is a couple of inches on the eye but if he catches him on the chin, nowhere near as big of a stink is made. Yeah it was ugly but to say it's the most blatant ever is ridiculous. 3 games at most and we should be able to appeal. Plus it's not as though Van Persie hasn't done the same in the past, which I have shown.

Edited by Big Red Fury

Adebayor is a cunt.

This, times a million.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLA0ZAWes4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebluemoon%2Dmcfc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D139508%26start%3D40&feature=player_embedded#t=13

Anywhere on the face is a couple of inches on the eye but if he catches him on the chin, nowhere near as big of a stink is made. Yeah it was ugly but to say it's the most blatant ever is ridiculous. 3 games at most and we should be able to appeal. Plus it's not as though Van Persie hasn't done the same in the past, which I have shown.

Sorry, but what exactly are you doing? Firstly, I didn't say it's the most blatant 'EVER'. And secondly, I have no clue why you're bringing up past incidents. I'm not sitting here and saying RVP hasn't done anything in the past or anybody else hasn't. That's the past, not now. Do you want the FA to go back five years and start punishing people or something? This incident happened a few days ago, that's the big difference. I don't see what an incident from a season or whatever ago has to do with any of this. It doesn't matter if you think RVP is a dick (and he's certainly not a player I like a great deal), it'll NEVER justify what Adebayor did.

Are you too blind to actually take off your rose tinted glasses and see that? You can post one hundred previous incidents if you wish, it'll never change any of what Adebayor did. I'm sure if he came to Old Trafford next week and got stamped in the face, you'd be crying bloody murder and demanding something be done. It wouldn't of matter if Adebayor caught him simply on the ear or part of his hair, he still aimed a so called 'attack' on RVP, which simply isn't on. You really need to stop being biased.

Adebayor is a cunt.

This, times a million.

Sorry, but what exactly are you doing? Firstly, I didn't say it's the most blatant 'EVER'. And secondly, I have no clue why you're bringing up past incidents. I'm not sitting here and saying RVP hasn't done anything in the past or anybody else hasn't. That's the past, not now. Do you want the FA to go back five years and start punishing people or something? This incident happened a few days ago, that's the big difference. I don't see what an incident from a season or whatever ago has to do with any of this. It doesn't matter if you think RVP is a dick (and he's certainly not a player I like a great deal), it'll NEVER justify what Adebayor did.

Are you too blind to actually take off your rose tinted glasses and see that? You can post one hundred previous incidents if you wish, it'll never change any of what Adebayor did. I'm sure if he came to Old Trafford next week and got stamped in the face, you'd be crying bloody murder and demanding something be done. It wouldn't of matter if Adebayor caught him simply on the ear or part of his hair, he still aimed a so called 'attack' on RVP, which simply isn't on. You really need to stop being biased.

Claims of bias coming from you is rich, but I'll play your game. I'll admit I'm biased here, but I'll be back when there's an incident with United and I promise you with players like Scholes, Rooney, and Vidic, there will be and we'll see what position you take.

I know someone mentioned it somewhere but I'd love a scandal revolving around the Watergate Scandal so that it could be Watergate-gate.

I think the -gate suffix has been used for a long time....It's just being overused now because every piece of news is a "scandal" as opposed to just the really serious stuff.

glad to see adebaywhores wallet isn't holding him down that run to the fans after he scored ...funny because if he'd showed half that effort last year he might still be at arsenal or a decent European side in the champions league, Enjoy the carling cup Manu whilst we're all in the champions league, Man City are the flavour of the month and they'll be found out against Utd..As for kicking Robin in the face, I hope you get you're leg broke against UTD scumbag

I'm with Jonny completely here. You can't bring up past incidents involving Van Persie, and certainly not involving Roy Keane, to justify Adebayor's stamp. It was deliberate and very dangerous, and it was absolutely terrible. He should get more than a three game ban IMO, it's poor.

And I think it's lame that Liverpool are dropping Carlsberg, but is it because of that new ban on alcohol advertising? Or just a decision to get the exciting 'Standard Chartered' on the shirts?