Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

And I think it's lame that Liverpool are dropping Carlsberg, but is it because of that new ban on alcohol advertising? Or just a decision to get the exciting 'Standard Chartered' on the shirts?

We're getting an extra £13m per year with Standard Chartered. I doubt the team will see a penny of it, but it's a much better deal than the one Carlsberg have been getting away with for years (thanks Rick!)

As for the celebration: I still love it. And I will continue to love it. And 90% of people I've talked to over here loved it.

Well, it resulted in a steward being hit on the head with an object and knocked unconcious. Yes, you could argue that the Arsenal fans shouldn't be throwing things, but when your former player has just ran the entire pitch just to get in your face about a goal he's just scored against you, that's pretty much asking for trouble. I honestly hope they ban him because a fine will do nothing assuming the wages he's on.

Maybe Arsenal fans shouldn't scream abuse at players all game long or at least not act like a bunch of two-year olds when it gets thrown back in their face.

And zaz, who is the Arsenal player there?

Eboue, innit.

Bingo. He has said several times already that he still has friends at Arsenal such as Eboue and Song. Just because he hugged a player he has been close with for years doesn't mean he wasn't on the pitch to prove something, no matter what. Don't get me wrong, when I saw Ade do his celebration in front of the Arsenal fans I thought it was bad ass, like a classic Heel move almost, but it's still very classless.

Obviously the Arsenal fans shouldn't have been throwing things and shouting abuse, but they're twats - what do you expect? Adebayor could've done something a bit more subtle like kiss the badge in the fans' direction from across the pitch. He didn't have to go all "track and field" and nearly spark a mass riot. To sum up - Arsenal fans are twats, Adebayor's an idiot and hopefully the situation doesn't get worse when they play at the Emirates.

The question I have to ask is why would they have brought bananas in the off-chance such an incident occured near them, if at all.

Maybe I'm underestimating the degree of planning these people are willing to go to, but it just seems...odd. :/

And I think it's lame that Liverpool are dropping Carlsberg, but is it because of that new ban on alcohol advertising? Or just a decision to get the exciting 'Standard Chartered' on the shirts?

We're getting an extra £13m per year with Standard Chartered. I doubt the team will see a penny of it, but it's a much better deal than the one Carlsberg have been getting away with for years (thanks Rick!)

Yeah, heard about that earlier this evening, which can only be good for the club. It's just that Carlsberg have sponsored them since I was born, it's gonna look weird seeing them with someone else's name on the front!

• Like 1

Guest Ringmaster

I'm not one for defending Arsenal fans, but Adebayor's giving Ashley Cole a nice run for his money. He openly flirts with four clubs for the past year while playing absolutely dreadful football, then he's all ":( why they hate me?" and then the celebration? Yeah, jerk. I mean, I usually don't mind when players irritate fans because fans should be expected to behave like decent human beings and not brutes, but Adebayor's despicable and I hope he dies :shifty:.

That said, they should ban Van Persie too, just for being an arrogant, unlikeable shit :shifty:.

Oh and I've no clue what Clawson is talking about. He's got no friends to talk about football that agree with him about Adebayor. IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND CLAWSON.

• Like 1

West Ham gave a good first half, with some help from our excellent center backs but they got tired and the third goal was coming for ages. Benayoun deserved to score for that amazing run. Hines looks a good for West Ham, and also Gianfranco Zola looks like Skeletor.

Soon Leeds and Hull! Have at you, Ellis and Kou!

Edited by Lord Hobington

David Nugent scoring goals in the Premier League!?

Well I never!:o

It's against us; the portion of the country who want to see Nugent strung up for all to see. He was always going to score against us. The fact he scored 2 makes it worse, and us not bothering to defend either is quite baffling.

Awful day at the office, we could have been 3-1 up at half time but apparently Bent isn't as clinical as David Fucking Nugent.

I love Vermaelen. He seems similar to Vidic really and I think Arsenal may have found themselves one hell of a player in him.

Always good to see Nugent scoring as well. I think he could do pretty well at Burnley, possibly just what he needs to get himself back on track.

Slightly worried about today. A loss would be terrible and I don't think I'd be happy with a draw either. I'm seeing this as a MUST win, even if it is early in the season. I'm certainly not confident though for some reason, I'm preparing myself for something bad. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Maybe it's the whole "LOL NO ADE, TEVEZ AND SANTA" coming from Man Utd fans that seem to think they will steam roll over City, I think they're just underestimating that without these key players City still have Barry, Ireland, De Jong and Petrov... who could easily make this a really hard game.

Maybe it's also that this match has been hyped all week and matches like these NEVER live up to the hype (unless we see a 4-3 match with 2 red cards and one penalty claim)

It's just got the makings of a midfield battle that will end up 0-0 or maybe just 1-0 to whatever. It isn't going to be an easy game for either side unless someone gifts the opposition a penalty within the opening 5 mins.