Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Isn't it more because Carlsberg were giving Liverpool a tiny amount of sponsorship money compared to what they could be earning as a Champions League team... and they don't really have anything in common with Liverpool other than they've been sponsors for a while?

I mean yeah, if they were a local business it'd be harsh... but they're a Danish alcohol manufacturer. I guess the only thing in common is that it's a popular UK drink or something ¬_¬

I'm looking forward to City humping Utd like usual.

All I can say about the Adebayor is that's the first time I've seen Arsenal fans make noise this year and rapists get what they deserve.(plus Van Persie needs to realise just because he's a striker doesn't mean he can tackle like he wants.)

Rapists get what they deserve? RVP came in pretty hard but he didn't even hit Adebayor, was nothing wrong with it. It doesn't justify Adebayor fuckin' stomping on RVP's face.

I'm still shocked about this, talk about hatred towards Arsenal.

Adebayor is a cunt.

Though, it was amusing that he runs the full length of the pitch to antagonise the very fans who called him lazy.

This, times a million.

What a complete and utter cock that guy is. Also, Arsenal had Eduardo banned for the dive after they reviewed it, so surely it's justice that Adebayor is banned AND fined for the disgusting kick to the face of RVP. It was one of the most intentional ones I've actually seen as well, so it's appalling he wasn't sent off on the day and if they don't follow up with a ban for him, it'll be a disgrace. Plus that on to the fact he could of caused a riot for his celebration. Biggest tit in football right now? Probably.

Oh fuck off. You had one of the dirtiest players in the history of football play for you in Roy Keane and I bet you loved his assault of Haaland. Not to mention the chuckle brothers have both run the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of City fans at different times during their careers. No charges for them. And if Stanislas and all the other players in the West Ham/Millwall game weren't charged, no way Adebayor should be.

What on gods name are you going on about? What the hell has this got to do with Keane? For the record though, the stuff with Haaland was disgusting to be quite frank.

It's pathetic to say Adebayor shouldn't receive a ban for this. Eduardo just got punished for diving, let's not forget that kicking players in the head is just as bad, actually no, it's worst. As somebody said yesterday, a few inches the other side and it COULD of took out RVP in the eye and potentially even blinded the fucking guy, yet Adebayor deserves to get away with it? I'd understand if it was a sheer accident, but it's one of the most blatant and disgusting things a player has done in the Premiership as of late. I've got no clue why you're talking complete nonsense about past stuff. Anybody who thinks the Adebayor stuff was justified is a complete and utter fucking moron, period. I'm no Arsenal fan and don't greatly like RVP, but you don't kick somebody in their face like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLA0ZAWes4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ebluemoon%2Dmcfc%2Eco%2Euk%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D139508%26start%3D40&feature=player_embedded#t=13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovYWY4Pf9_M

Anywhere on the face is a couple of inches on the eye but if he catches him on the chin, nowhere near as big of a stink is made. Yeah it was ugly but to say it's the most blatant ever is ridiculous. 3 games at most and we should be able to appeal. Plus it's not as though Van Persie hasn't done the same in the past, which I have shown.

Oh RVP is the baddie now. RVP didn't even hit Ade with his tackle and then Ade kicked his face on purpose, in the same game that he ran across the entire pitch to taunt the Arsenal fans and the same Ade who was walking around on Arsenal's side before kick-off which no player ever does. He was on a personal mission and then he has the guts to say he just did it in the moment and feels sorry about it. Bitch please, he walked across the whole damn pitch, faster than he has ever run, you'd think half-way he would realize it's probably not a good idea to cheer in front of fans that supported him the last few years. Then he also says that RVP didn't approach him after the match anyway....well ofcourse, I wouldn't want to talk to the man that just stomped on my face!

The "kick" to RVP's face looks one hundred times worse in slow-motion. Running at half speed it looks more delibert but then anything does when you slow down something that happens in half a second to 2 seconds.

If it was anybody but a City player then this stink wouldn't have been raised, but ever since we got money the whole climate is "fuck City" and it's getting bloody annoying.

The "kick" to RVP's face looks one hundred times worse in slow-motion. Running at half speed it looks more delibert but then anything does when you slow down something that happens in half a second to 2 seconds.

If it was anybody but a City player then this stink wouldn't have been raised, but ever since we got money the whole climate is "fuck City" and it's getting bloody annoying.

To be honest I think that is just complete and utter bullshit.

This kind of furore will come when a player acts like Adebayor did on Saturday, Man City players or not. The man taunted the opposition fans that were well out of his way when he scored, these same fans being his former supporters. Much more inexcusable than that, he intentionally stamped on an opposing players face. It is worse that it's his former strike partner, but no matter who it was or who it was against, it was despicable.

Edited by AdamDRFC

I'm not gonna claim it was intentional because I'm not Ade but it was easily worth a yellow card, accident or not, because players should be safe when it comes to the facial area no matter what. Kinda like how kicking the ball around face level is a card as well.

As for the celebration: I still love it. And I will continue to love it. And 90% of people I've talked to over here loved it.

I'm sure as a City fan you do love it. But it's inciting the Arsenal fans, there's no denying that. The last thing we need after seeing some of the recent crowd troubles at West Ham and the like is the PLAYERS starting off big crowd riots. Fortunately it didn't come to that but it could have done, some fans threw things at Adebayor as he slid across the turf towards them after all.

There's no need for him to act like that at all, it's against the unwritten rules of sportsmanship in football. The majority of players refuse to celebrate when they score against a former club that they were successful at.

Like I said, in some respects the celebration was funny but at the same time it's going to cause him trouble, especially in light of the crowd trouble with West Ham and Millwall. It probably would have been a bigger issue but the whole Van Persie thing overshadowed it.

I'm not gonna claim it was intentional because I'm not Ade but it was easily worth a yellow card, accident or not, because players should be safe when it comes to the facial area no matter what. Kinda like how kicking the ball around face level is a card as well.

As for the celebration: I still love it. And I will continue to love it. And 90% of people I've talked to over here loved it.

Do you watch the same football that I do?

When you raise your boot to someone elses face like that it is immediately a red card. I couldn't give a shit if he played for Villa or not.

Edited by ONO

Do you watch the same football that I do?

When you raise your boot to someone elses face like that it is immediately a red card. I couldn't give a shit if he played for Villa or not.

:P

And I thought it was just a yellow, but I'm still learning all the rules and what not, remember.

Well, it resulted in a steward being hit on the head with an object and knocked unconcious. Yes, you could argue that the Arsenal fans shouldn't be throwing things, but when your former player has just ran the entire pitch just to get in your face about a goal he's just scored against you, that's pretty much asking for trouble. I honestly hope they ban him because a fine will do nothing assuming the wages he's on.

Well, it resulted in a steward being hit on the head with an object and knocked unconcious. Yes, you could argue that the Arsenal fans shouldn't be throwing things, but when your former player has just ran the entire pitch just to get in your face about a goal he's just scored against you, that's pretty much asking for trouble. I honestly hope they ban him because a fine will do nothing assuming the wages he's on.

Take it out on the player for fans being douchebags? Look at the gif I posted above. If you get that riled up about it you probably have an issue or two. Adebayor did nothing wrong, sure he's a bit of a cock but the Arsenal fans there took it as if he'd just raped their mothers or something.

Also:

adebayorandeboue.gif

Maybe Arsenal fans shouldn't scream abuse at players all game long or at least not act like a bunch of two-year olds when it gets thrown back in their face.

And zaz, who is the Arsenal player there?

Edited by Clawson

Rumours abound of bananas being thrown at him by the fans after the celebration but I'd be a BIT surprised seeing as 90% of Arsenal's squad for YEARS has been black....

The fan response was apalling though. Fans are happy happy happy happy to give it, chant nasty chants against the player (all team fans do this even fans from my beloved Spurs!) and slag them off constantly.....But when a player responds they HATE it.

Seriously, he didn't run in and kung fu kick, he didn't scream abuse back at them.

He just scored and ran the pitch to slide out towards them and while it's very sad that innocent stewards got hit by the seats that the Arsenal fans threw....it was a fantastic response to the fans who'd done nothing but chant abuse at him for the last year and who were constantly phoning into radio etc slagging him off last season despite his 10 goals in 21 games or 1 in 2 ratio.

Adebayor would have known that it would upset the fans who'd been chanting against him....But he wouldn't have known that they'd have thrown chairs at stewards or gone into some kind of "my kid's been raped" frenzy.

Ian Wright has great comments on this. Throughout a match the opposing fans would give it to him, chant against him, jeer when he made a mistake or whatever...It would empower him to try harder, run faster....and then BOOM! He'd score and would launch into a ridiculously over the top celebration in front of the opposing fans and, looking back, it was awesome.

EDIT: If Darren Bent scores against Spurs then I hope he does it to our fans....Cos we treated him badly despite all his goals....Just cos he never "felt" right for us....and I'm one of those who wanted him out and am glad he's gone.

Maybe Arsenal fans shouldn't scream abuse at players all game long or at least not act like a bunch of two-year olds when it gets thrown back in their face.

Eboue, innit.

Eboue, innit.

Bingo. He has said several times already that he still has friends at Arsenal such as Eboue and Song. Just because he hugged a player he has been close with for years doesn't mean he wasn't on the pitch to prove something, no matter what. Don't get me wrong, when I saw Ade do his celebration in front of the Arsenal fans I thought it was bad ass, like a classic Heel move almost, but it's still very classless.

Edited by The Quasi Juice