Non-League Football 2009/2010 Thread

hugobomb

• 3 weeks later...

With a couple of weeks left in the season, here's how it's looking:

Satanage Stevenage on top, but not secure of promotion. (Can they even go up anyway? I knew some club has an insufficient ground.) Behind them: Luton, Oxford, Rushden & Diamonds, and York. I can't see Wimbledon gaining enough ground to take the 5th spot.

Grays is already heading to South next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fleet go with them, as they need a small miracle (and likely a lot of money) to stay up. FGR might go down also.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Rushden to win the play-offs, please. >_>

If Wimbledon could get in then I'd want them to go up (the quicker they get into the same league as MK Dons, the better :shifty:), but they probably can't, so Rushden all the way!

Very happy for Stevenage, always liked them and felt they maybe should've gone up a couple of times in previous years. I always liked them and thought they were a good team when we were in the Conference. Also pleased to see Forest Green pull out of the bottom three, really hope they stay up but then don't want Gateshead to go down either. Gonna be an interesting finale to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a York fan since I went to a game in January, and am hopefully going to the Play-Off Final pending on if my friend can go. I'm equally ecstatic for them as I am that Luton have to suffer another season in the Blue Square Premier. Apparently Luton's fans reacted badly after the game. In that case, they are where they belong.

Awful behaviour by the Luton fans, they basically pinned the York players down into the away end, and pelted them with missiles. Obviously it was mainly young thugs with hoods up, some wielding sticks. It was ridiculous, all the York players were doing was celebrating in front of their own fans, right down by the touchline. At least it's them going to Wembley and possibly back into the league, because those Luton fans don't deserve a club, nevermind one in the football league.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Right, where do I start here. Watching these scenes I was sick to my stomach. These idiots are the reason we, as Luton fans get a bad name. In a 10,000 sell-out and 100/200 or so do that, it frustrates me that we get tarred with the same brush. What angers me the most is the lack of action done by our bigwigs who i'm afraid don't do enough to stop it. Frustration is one thing, hell i was frustrated as hell to stay in this division for reasons I will specify later. But this is completely uncalled for, and sickening. I stood at the other end of the stadium just watching this unfold, sadly, unsurprised. I was at Rushden the week before, and for some reason, after a 1-1 draw the 'fans' stormed the pitch. What was saddening was the amount of parents bringing their children onto the pitch. I honestly hope they didn't get involved, if thats the case then thats even worse. I think as soon as they saw why these people had gone onto the field they dragged their kids back. Again, the guys are idiots, and I wish now that the club do something seriously drastic to these people. They are not wanted at my club.

What i'm angry about is the people think we were arrogant coming into this division, theres a difference between arrogance and confidence. We were what I beleive to be rightly confident going into this season, and if we had been properly managed for half of the season we would have pushed Stevenage all the way...properly. What mainly annoys me about the division is the quality of opposition, there are some awful, awful footballing teams in this division, the quality of the officials is nothing short of shocking, with many scared of the occasion of matches with us in and couldn't make a decision.

I know most of you won't agree with me, but thats how I see it,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...