Madden NFL 10

Cactus Drags

The Madden code would be useless if they gave it to you when the game came out and I got a soundtrack thing from Fallout 3 and a Smackdown cooler all before getting the games at Gamestop

Obviously its cause you're a girl.

I really don't see what's strange about having to put money down a pre-order, nor do I mind doing it, I'll be buying it eventually anyways.

Official track list posted, Why am I posting it here? Because it is good for once.

judge for yourself.

2Pac – Can’t C Me

Airborne – Heads Are Gonna Roll

Alice in Chains – Them Bones

B.o.B. – Created A Monster

Bang Camaro – Revolution

Beastie Boys – Sabotage

Black Sabbath – Paranoid

Cypress Hill – Get ‘Em Up

Helmet – Unsung

Iron Maiden – Aces High

Judas Priest – Painkiller

Kid Rock – I Am The Bullgod

Killswitch Engage – Reckoning

Korn – Blind

Mastodon - Divinations

Nas featuring P Diddy – Hate Me Now

Nirvana – Breed

Pantera – Walk

Public Enemy – Shut Em Down

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

Set Your Goals – Gaia Bleeds (Make Way For Man)

Slipknot – Duality

System Of A Down – Sugar

The Vanity Plan – Before I Die

Young Dre The Truth – Cheah Beah

Madden does have a better soundtrack than the other series' but this is the first time the listing has jumped out and caught me with a ton of songs.

Airborne – Heads Are Gonna Roll

Alice in Chains – Them Bones

Beastie Boys – Sabotage

Black Sabbath – Paranoid

Cypress Hill – Get ‘Em Up

Iron Maiden – Aces High

Killswitch Engage – Reckoning

Nirvana – Breed

Pantera – Walk

Public Enemy – Shut Em Down

Rage Against The Machine - Guerrilla Radio

These in general make me happy and as always there will probably a couple of tracks that will take me by surprise and will be good.

Madden does have a better soundtrack than the other series' but this is the first time the listing has jumped out and caught me with a ton of songs.

Hmm, perhaps because you've heard these songs before? :rolleyes:

I like quite a few of the songs but I'm not a fan of the soundtrack, I prefer listening to newer stuff on games rather than stuff I've already heard a thousand times. Also, they should remove the rap altogether, leave it for NBA Live.

Eh, I still like the listing, Some songs that will not make me want to cut myself for being in the menus too long and some stuff I haven't heard before to keep things fresh.

One thing I will agree with you on AD, The rap needs to go, More specifically the hiphop and gangster rap, Leave that stuff to the NBA games.

Edited by Slogger

Racist.

I don't usually mind the soundtracks, they've given me some good stuff to get into before, in particular Thrice. There's some good stuff on this one, but it's a bit out of leftfield given the usual penchant for recent/upcoming stuff. There's also the potential for it to be pretty jarring between songs, especially if the old NFL Films stuff is going to stick around too.

Edited by Dragonzord

I gotta say after playing the demo last night I'm pretty impressed. It looks really good presentation wise, the new camera angles and pre game stuff. Hopefully the commentary will match all of that to really give it a TV like quality. I'll be playing this game for a while once I get it.

I must warn those who are thinking about this that SI gets you in the renewal of subscription, so make sure you cancel it unless you want to keep it. Just in case we have non-fine print readers here and then wonder why they end up paying around 90 dollars a year or something similar. Plus side is if you don't mind, SI is a great mag to be a subscriber of.

You authorize SPORTS ILLUSTRATED to charge your credit/debit card at the price above now and in time to renew your SPORTS ILLUSTRATED subscription, without interruption, before the start of each new semi-annual term at the low subscriber rate then in effect unless you tell us to stop. You may cancel at any time during your subscription by contacting customer service and receive a full refund on all unmailed issues. If your credit/debit card cannot be charged, we'll bill you directly instead.

Yeah, it's how all of these "deals" work. But like I said, this is actually a fine deal if you don't mind subscribing to SI. Cheaper than buying it on the newsstand, a quality magazine, and Madden for free. It's those people who order it for the game and then forget to cancel it who get surprised when their credit card bill comes.

Initial impressions:

Presentation is excellent, there's a bunch of new animations, stuff like the chain gang coming to measure close calls really add to the atmosphere. I've had apparent TD catches called touchdowns and then waved off, players appealing calls, it's really good. The different camera angles before plays are pretty cool too, but it does kind of get in the way of doing your pre-snap, and skipping them kind of jolts it out of the whole TV-broadcast aura.

Gameplay-wise, it seems much the same, just a little slower. I haven't played '9 in ages, so I may just be a bit rusty and need to find my feet a bit first.

The franchise doesn't seem any different, just dressed up in a new front end. Whether it changes throughout the season or not, I'm unsure, and granted I've not tried to sign anyone yet (Plax might just be a Bear yet >_> or perhaps I could act on the recent Matt Jones to Chicago rumours), so we'll see.

Would anyone be interested in an online franchise? I don't mind setting one up, unless LL wants to run it again, I think he ran the short-lived season last year. I'd like to give it a few days play before getting it up and running, but if there's interest there, I reckon it could be pretty good.

If you want to run it go ahead. I can help or run it if you decide against it. It did progress pretty well, but my friend ended up borrowing my copy and to this day he still has it. That won't happen with '10 though. I'll have it tomorrow. :)