Michael Jackson dead at 50

million$$man

Last night, went to a friends house for a dinner party. Basically turned into a Michael Jackson lovefest. A few people there had only really heard Thriller and didn't know about all of his other greatness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

In my opinion, nothing that has come since even comes close to meeting this moment. Its like watching Elvis Presley or the Beatles. It basically sums up that until someone else comes around that is as talented, we'll have a huge gap in the music world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI9OYMRwN1Q

Another one of my favorite M&J videos. So trademark Michael Jackson. Say what you will about him, but he is so original and unique. I think this video, Black of White, pretty much summarises this fact. His video, his music, his videos... all so MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5KAJw4y8wE

Another great song, but also a little bit prophetic. I know at the time his personal life was gaining considerable scrutiny, but I mean ... the chorus of this song is just so telling. Another great song by MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cupnsUDyjuA

My favorite Michael Jackson song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxsM5jLNxM

Trademark Jackson big budget, over the top video. What not to love? Great song as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3wShd_bX8A

Same as above. I know his later work gets a lot of flack from some, but I think its pretty damn good... nothing will top his early work, but come on. And so theatrical and over the top...

Was a very sad day for me personally. He was IT when I was younger. From all his videos, songs, Thriller, Moonwalker, etc. And to this day nothing is quite like him.

While listening to some rock radio yesterday they were of course talking about his death and the impact he had on all music. The lead singer of Killswitch talked about how Michael was a huge influence on him. And they discussed how important he was to all music, especially being a pioneer in collaborating.

Also mentioned how Lisa Marie discussed how he confided in her that he felt like he might meet an early end like her father.

The last thing they mentioned was a rumor - they said that it stated Michael had put in his will that upon his death he would give the Beatles' collection to McCartney. Again, only a rumor that they heard but interesting and nice enough to post.

Michael Jackson will live on as a ‘plastinated’ creature preserved by German doctor Gunther von Hagens.

Von Hagens has caused controversy with everyone from the Pope to the chief rabbi in Israel with his practice of embalming corpses with preserving polyurethane.

Yesterday, he declared: ‘An agreement is in place to plastinate the King of Pop.’

Von Hagens said that he spoke with representatives of the Jackson family ‘many months ago’ and it was agreed that his body will be plastinated and placed next to Bubbles, his late pet monkey who was plastinated a number of years ago and is exhibited at The Body Worlds & Mirror Of Time exhibition at the O2 Centre in London.

Von Hagens also confirmed it was one of Michael’s final requests to be reunited with Bubbles.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sciencetech/...c-freezing.html

All the music channels are playing his songs so I haven't turned them off at all i'd love em to keep playing Michael Jackson songa all day as its a lot better than the music in this day and age

I agree. Even his worst stuff is better than a lot of the crap that gets played.

All the music channels are playing his songs so I haven't turned them off at all i'd love em to keep playing Michael Jackson songa all day as its a lot better than the music in this day and age

Well here in Mexico, stupid Music Channels like MTV, VH1, Telehit and some others have just played like 1 or 2 videos of.. just because they keep airing lame-ass Reality Shows..

Guest Flair4TheGold1979
So does all news cease to be reported when an entertainer dies? what happen to the conflicts in Iran? I guess the death of the "King of Pop" is more important to America, which is really fuckin' sad. I've already heard "Billie Jean" 5 times this morning.

I don't like Michael Jackson the entertainer, never have or will. His music is catchy, but that's exactly what pop music is all about. We won't go into how I feel about MJ as a person, since Heel Turn has already been warned for doing that. I'm going to make a prediction, though, and say that either people will try to leech of his name (again) and bring up allegations, or all the allegations in the past will be forgotten and "forgiven" or something by those families that did it a few years back.

None the less, it's always sad when someone passes away, especially at an age as young as 50. So, with that in mind, rest in peace.

Ah, one of those self-righteous know it all music critics. Obviously, you know very little about music in general if you think his music was just catchy and had no substance behind it. The guy was a cultural icon and he wouldn't have had the lasting power he had if he was nothing more than a character that could dance.

As a person, he was cleared of all charges against him. This is a non-issue to begin with. His music was about love, peace, helping your fellow man and the world. I have no idea where any bad feelings about him would come from.

I'm no pop music fan but I can respect great pop/R&B music when I hear it and this is definitely one of those instances.

Edited by Flair4TheGold1979

So does all news cease to be reported when an entertainer dies? what happen to the conflicts in Iran? I guess the death of the "King of Pop" is more important to America, which is really fuckin' sad. I've already heard "Billie Jean" 5 times this morning.

I don't like Michael Jackson the entertainer, never have or will. His music is catchy, but that's exactly what pop music is all about. We won't go into how I feel about MJ as a person, since Heel Turn has already been warned for doing that. I'm going to make a prediction, though, and say that either people will try to leech of his name (again) and bring up allegations, or all the allegations in the past will be forgotten and "forgiven" or something by those families that did it a few years back.

None the less, it's always sad when someone passes away, especially at an age as young as 50. So, with that in mind, rest in peace.

Ah, one of those self-righteous know it all music critics. Obviously, you know very little about music in general if you think his music was just catchy and had no substance behind it. The guy was a cultural icon and he wouldn't have had the lasting power he had if he was nothing more than a character that could dance.

As a person, he was cleared of all charges against him. This is a non-issue to begin with. His music was about love, peace, helping your fellow man and the world. I have no idea where any bad feelings about him would come from.

I'm no pop music fan but I can respect great pop/R&B music when I hear it and this is definitely one of those instances.

I don't think he's saying that his dislike of MJ should be viewed above all. No, what he is saying, and what is frankly a sad statement on 24 hour news culture is that there's more important worldwide circumstances going on right now. If anything, get on him in talking about the whole 24 hour news cycle and whether celebrity usurps world events as I don't see any "self righteous know it all music critic" in that post.

Might not be true because of its source but

Less than four months before Jackson's death, one of his biographers, Ian Halperin, revealed that Jackson had a secret library of over 100 unreleased songs which he planned to release after his death to support his children

-wikipedia.

I'm not sure that's true. It's already been said that he'd been working on a new album for years now but never even got round to actually creating any of the songs, only putting down ideas.

Apparently (not sure if anyone mentioned it yet) Madonna said they'd planned for her to make a special appearance on one of his shows coming up. That's really guttering, because the moment of seeing the apparent king and queen of pop on stage would have been simply amazing.

I've been away for most of the weekend, but I hear today that he'll more than likely be dominating the charts. That's great news if you ask me. Also, one of my friends phoned me up and claimed 'he faked his death'. I felt like punching him in the face just for being fucking dumb. I understand it's hard to accept it, but why anyone would even believe he's faked his death is beyond me. And also, this is certainly one of the moments I'll NEVER forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzRCf5OtFBU

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

Apparently (not sure if anyone mentioned it yet) Madonna said they'd planned for her to make a special appearance on one of his shows coming up. That's really guttering, because the moment of seeing the apparent king and queen of pop on stage would have been simply amazing.

I've been away for most of the weekend, but I hear today that he'll more than likely be dominating the charts. That's great news if you ask me.

Yeah, that would've been special. Have they ever performed together before for anything?

And I'm not sure he'll be "dominating" the charts, but he'll probably have 4 or 5 songs in the top 40 which starts in 5 minutes. We'll know in 3 hours time, but album-wise (assuming there were enough copies in stock to sell) he'll have a few up there too. It'll probably be next week we'll see the full effect, hopefully with a posthumous number 1 which would be nothing less than the man deserves. I've literally done nothing but watch Magic today who've been playing his videos all day, and quite frankly I could carry on watching them for another month and not get bored. Black Or White up next, awesome.

Guest Flair4TheGold1979

I'm surprised Madonna and MJ never colloborated during their primes. That would've been awesome. I remember when MJ took Madonna out to either the Grammy Awards or the Oscars. That was a sight.

Record for most simultaneous UK Top 40 hits is 7, so we may see that broken this week or next. I reckon we're looking at 5 or 6 though.

First Michael Jackson new entry - Earth Song at 38.

EDIT: Beat It is new at 30.

And now Smooth Criminal at 28. ANNIE ARE YOU OK?!

Billie Jean at 25.

That's 4 already and there's definitely Man In The Mirror and Thriller to come.

Edited by Scott McFly

Exactly, these will all climb and there'll be more in there next week. And it would just be Friday and Saturday sales I think, I believe Sunday sales count towards the following week.

Anyway, Thriller at 23.

EDIT: Wow, Man In The Mirror only made number 21 when it was first released, so wherever it gets to today it'll improve on that since 21 is on now.

Edited by Scott McFly