The England thread

I admit Mcann was shit years ago when he played but he has come on leaps and bounds since then and lets face it England needs some grit and determination in the centre of midfield.

Huh? How am i a suck up? Most of the england team is picked on name value and not performances. Its been that way since well since late 90s

Edited by Ant

I'm fucking not.

I said from day one McClaren was no good, yet it seemed everyone wanted him as manager. Judging by the replies now either 80% have changed their mind or I just didn't see their comments when he was in the running for the job.

How is this any different to Sven? The only difference is we're struggling to qualify for tournaments that we didn't struggle to qualify for with Sven in charge. The managing's bad enough but there's no spark from the team, no little flick ons. All it is is a few corners that result in clearances, Rooney hit their 'keeper a few times, a decent header or two and some non existant flick ons where someone runs at the defence, passes to a striker and a 1-2 is played, much like the Lampard squandared chance from earlier.

Before anyone bashes Defoe - he can't do much less than AJ - or really Rooney for that matter - have done. Why we do it this late though. We needed to reinforce our defence by bringing out Richards first, THEN go for the goal. I see. McClaren clearly is a genius.

Where did I say it would make the world a happier place for England fans? This group of players are talented, and they OWE it to us the fans to actually put in a performance worthy of their stature, the money they earn and the talent they all have. No of course it wouldn't cover up the cracks that are blatently obvious to us, but it would be nice to see them really go for it.