The England thread

It was his fault. Whether or not the ball hit a divot doesn't really matter, he had time to control it then attempt to kick it - unfortunately Robinson's party trick is hoofing the ball as far as he can.

And Robinson's been awful in the league and an England shirt.

Yeah, let's just disregard the magnificent saves he makes and concentrate on the negatives.

Yeah...when was the last time he did one of those? He couldn't catch a ball against Arsenal at the Grove.

Yeah he has made some brilliant saves, but seriously Foster, Carson and James have all been much, much better than him and they all (bar maybe James) play behind defences that are nowhere near as strong as Tottenham's.

Henry for Goal of The Month :D

Which you're doing with David James.

No I'm not. Sure, at their best James and Robinson are as good as each other but at their worst, Robinson is still better than James. Plus, he's more consistent.

It was his fault. Whether or not the ball hit a divot doesn't really matter, he had time to control it then attempt to kick it - unfortunately Robinson's party trick is hoofing the ball as far as he can.

Yeah, let's just disregard the magnificent saves he makes and concentrate on the negatives.

Yeah...when was the last time he did one of those? He couldn't catch a ball against Arsenal at the Grove.

Yeah he has made some brilliant saves, but seriously Foster, Carson and James have all been much, much better than him and they all (bar maybe James) play behind defences that are nowhere near as strong as Tottenham's.

Defences nowhere near as strong as Spurs'? We've had one decent defender all year :\

Honestly I don't see what's so special about Henry's goal, either. Maybe it's just being used to him scoring so many good goals :P My favourite would have to be Rooney's.

Which you're doing with David James.

No I'm not. Sure, at their best James and Robinson are as good as each other but at their worst, Robinson is still better than James. Plus, he's more consistent.

Defences nowhere near as strong as Spurs'? We've had one decent defender all year :\

Honestly I don't see what's so special about Henry's goal, either. Maybe it's just being used to him scoring so many good goals :P My favourite would have to be Rooney's.

Dawson and King (when not dead) are both very good-great defenders (so is Huddlestone but nobody knows where to play him), whereas Watford and Charlton's defences are laughably shit. Pompey have Campbell and an-form Campbell.

Henry's goal was just brilliance from him and Cesc, but it was somewhat tongue in cheek. Rooney's goal will probably win goal of the month because the BBC tend to go for Man Utd goals anyway :shifty:

Carson wins because he had Traore playing in front of him.

Yeah, think of how good that's gonna make David James look of the rest of the season!

Oh and what the hell? Where's Cesc for christsakes? We're never gonna get a goal at all in this game without someone who can actually pass (Xavi doesn't count...because ¬_¬)

An Arsenal goal always makes top ten - it's an unspoken BBC rule. If there were no good ones that month they put in a goal where they string five passes together, ball into the box and a tap in.

David James HAS been good this season, BUT he's playing behind the best defence he's played behind since his Liverpool days and that's proven to give a goalkeeper some confidence (and vice versa).

However friendlies are always to build to the future, which is why I wouldn't have picked James and why I would have given Phil Neville a wide berth.

Dawson and King (when not dead) are both very good-great defenders (so is Huddlestone but nobody knows where to play him), whereas Watford and Charlton's defences are laughably shit. Pompey have Campbell and an-form Campbell.

Thing is, King's been injured for the majority of the season, leaving Dawson and whatever makeshift centre back we can find. I don't see the reasoning in bringing Huddlestone up, he's played in midfield all season...

I think Pompey's defense is very good. Campbell and Primus in particular this season.

An Arsenal goal always makes top ten - it's an unspoken BBC rule. If there were no good ones that month they put in a goal where they string five passes together, ball into the box and a tap in.

David James HAS been good this season, BUT he's playing behind the best defence he's played behind since his Liverpool days and that's proven to give a goalkeeper some confidence (and vice versa).

However friendlies are always to build to the future, which is why I wouldn't have picked James and why I would have given Phil Neville a wide berth.

Top ten goal, but have you noticed Arsenal never, EVER get any post-match analysis on Match Of The Day? It's a strange conspiracy I think... <_<

Yeah, I wouldn't have picked James either. Would've picked Carson, but McClaren is a twit so nevermind.

Finally we have a goal!!! Still...Cesc should've come on ¬_¬

Yeah, I wouldn't have picked James either. Would've picked Carson, but McClaren is a twit so nevermind.

He couldn't have could he, with him playing in the U21s last night? Or is the U21 squad picked from the players that aren't in the senior team? I'm not sure how it works.

0-1, James would've saved that :shifty:

I was about to say the same about Robbo >_>

Hmm, passing the captaincy around again. Reminds me of someone.......

Shoulda kept Woodgate on.

At least nobody's thrown it on the floor yet.

Woodgate has been playing brilliantly this season, who just came on? I completely missed it.

He couldn't have could he, with him playing in the U21s last night? Or is the U21 squad picked from the players that aren't in the senior team? I'm not sure how it works.

He was a bit badly positioned...Just a lack of experience really.

COME ON JERMAINE!

Basically the U21's are picked from whoever the senior team doesn't pick, so if McWanker wanted him, he could've picked him.