The England thread

Ok, Barry should definetly be starting. I understand why James isn't playing because he's not exactly gonna be around for Euro 2008, but what the hell is the idea of Phil Neville playing when Gareth Barry is 100 times better than him. Michael Dawson should start ahead of Ferdinand for the sole purpose of giving him a run out in this friendly. Other than those, not really much to be said. I dislike Dyer with a passion, but he has been playing well, so fair enough.

EDIT: And Carson >>>>> Foster

Edited by TMM

Meh, Robinson being dropped doesn't bother me, he's been awful for a long time now. We'd be better off with James in goal.

There's no way you can honestly say Robinson is 'awful'.

But he has been playing awful though, and even die-hard Tottenham fans can't deny that. He's a good 'keeper, but nowhere as good as everyone makes him out to be. Kirkland when not dying of some mystical injury is much better than him.

I know he's not exactly in the best form of his career, but 'awful' is a bit strong.

And you can't choose anyone over him as England's #1. The available ones aren't experienced enough and the ones that are, aren't as good as Robinson. I like McClaren's choice of squad, though, using some different options instead of the same old selection.

I know he's not exactly in the best form of his career, but 'awful' is a bit strong.

And you can't choose anyone over him as England's #1. The available ones aren't experienced enough and the ones that are, aren't as good as Robinson. I like McClaren's choice of squad, though, using some different options instead of the same old selection.

He's been varying from poor to awful for a while. It's probably the worst form of his career.

Thing is, out of all the English goalkeepers, I rate David James, Chris Kirkland and Scott Carson above him. Carson is THE sole reason Charlton are not officially relegated (and to some extent so is Foster to be honest). I know James can be eratic, but he's been doing well this season and hasn't done his usual "should I stay or should I go" stuff (which he seems to have passed to Robinson now).

This game is so frickin boring. Spain have left their three best players on the bench (Cesc, Alonso and Torres) and Cesc was the main reason I wanted to watch this bloody game!

I'd love to see you try and kick a ball that hits a divot and bounces up less than a yard in front of you.

Sure James has done well in the league but put an England shirt on him and it's a different story.

Let's be honest, Robinson hardly had that much to do before the goals, so surely Paul Robinson (like most goalkeepers do) would've patted the ground down? It was a freak accident, and not totally his fault, but he's more to blame for it than anyone else.

I'd love to see you try and kick a ball that hits a divot and bounces up less than a yard in front of you.

Sure James has done well in the league but put an England shirt on him and it's a different story.

Let's be honest, Robinson hardly had that much to do before the goals, so surely Paul Robinson (like most goalkeepers do) would've patted the ground down? It was a freak accident, and not totally his fault, but he's more to blame for it than anyone else.

The pitch itself and Gary Neville are more to blame for it. Seriously, does he not know that a back pass directed at your own goal is asking for trouble?

The pitch itself and Gary Neville are more to blame for it. Seriously, does he not know that a back pass directed at your own goal is asking for trouble?

This isn't me picking on Robinson, but he has to take the blame for this one. Yeah, shit pitch. Yeah, shit pass. Yeah, Robinson while not doing anything for half the game should've had patted any divet down.

It was his fault. Whether or not the ball hit a divot doesn't really matter, he had time to control it then attempt to kick it - unfortunately Robinson's party trick is hoofing the ball as far as he can.

And Robinson's been awful in the league and an England shirt.

Yeah, let's just disregard the magnificent saves he makes and concentrate on the negatives.