The England thread

Everyone should congratulate Wales before commenting on this game :P

England have looked good so far. Could easily be more than 1-0. Heskey had a one-on-one saved, and Owen slipped when he could have put in the rebound.

Ball in the net for Russia...handball - still 1-0.

Edited by BaddarD2k7

So I assume this 'new found confidence' that SWP has means he will never really need to pass the ball ever again when he has possession around the 18 yard box?

He won't pass too often, not when Daddy's watching.

Btw, anyone else think Motty is an annoying prick? Can't stand the bloke, me.

So, was Barry's performance against Israel still a fluke? Hopefully this will make people realise that we don't need the best 11 shoehorned into various positions, just the best team. Barry and Gerrard is the most balanced midfield we've had in ages. They can attack, defend there's a left and right footer in there.

Well done to Scotland as well. I'm apparantly in the minority, but I'd love for Scotland to qualify as well. Makes the tournaments much more interesting when there's a few other home nations there as well.

So, was Barry's performance against Israel still a fluke? Hopefully this will make people realise that we don't need the best 11 shoehorned into various positions, just the best team. Barry and Gerrard is the most balanced midfield we've had in ages. They can attack, defend there's a left and right footer in there.

Well done to Scotland as well. I'm apparantly in the minority, but I'd love for Scotland to qualify as well. Makes the tournaments much more interesting when there's a few other home nations there as well.

Would be good, although there's still only 2pts seperating Scotland, France and Italy ...so it's still gonna be tres difficile (no pun intended, honest) for them.

Yeah, and of the three France have the easiest run-in. Italy and Scotland still have to play each other once more.

Still, come on England/Scotland/Wales Brittania! :D (except Northern Ireland :shifty: )

Aye, although the unlikely fightback Wales might've made is now impossible...Czech Republic beat Rep. Ire, making it mathematically impossible for Wales to qualify.

Shame...I could honestly see Wales qualifying after this evening's performance :shifty:

It is indeed. If all goes well, they should win the next 2 qualifiers too, even though they're both away. Cyprus and San Marino the opponents....shouldn't be too difficult. After that it's Rep Ire at Home and the dreaded Germany away I think.

Even though we can't qualify now, it'd be nice to finish in a respectable position.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa

How is it possible to lose to Iceland?!

ICELAND?!

At least if you lose to Poland most of them are builders, so are physically fit and can run around after you.

But Iceland?

I'd be fucking embarrased if I lived in Northern Ireland.

Bigal may not be seen for months.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaa

How is it possible to lose to Iceland?!

ICELAND?!

At least if you lose to Poland most of them are builders, so are physically fit and can run around after you.

But Iceland?

I'd be fucking embarrased if I lived in Northern Ireland.

Bigal may not be seen for months.

It's slightly better than losing to Tesco...have you seen their team? :shifty:

But, embarrassing defeat nonetheless. Keith Gillespie..hang your head in shame, son.