The England thread

James, Brown, Ferdinand, Terry, A Cole, Hargreaves, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Defoe

Pretty strong line up there. Let's hope we can perform well and look like a good side. Not that we have any reason to do so right now other than to make everyone shut the fuck up >_<

looks like a 4-1-3-2 to me, with Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard sat in the middle, with Hargreaves behind them. With any luck it gives Gerrard and Lampard more space and license just to be more attacking - as if I wanted someone English to sit in the holding role, it would be Hargreaves.

Don't take no shit off Bocanegra. The unemployed schmoe!

EDIT: I'd say it's 90% likely we're going to fall into a 4-1-3-2 formation. Where Hargreaves will sit behind and Gerrard, whilst on the left on the 3 midfielders, will still be pretty central - as opposed to right out on the wing.

Edited by IAceI

I think we're likely to see the likes of Ashton, Agbonlahor, Young, etc in the second friendly against Trinidad with the regulars being cut from the squad for a break. Mind you, that's Motson's view, so it's probably bollocks.

Edited by brenchill

I quite liked the comment of

Lawro: "I can't see Terry going to Trinidad & Tobago... to play at least."

Motson: "I don't expect he'll be going to Moscow to either................ although he's recovered well after his slip!"

Shut up John.