Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

I remember buying Marcelo Salas on a free transfer and flooging him for 15mil to Juventus a week later after I jokingly put him on the transfer list.

Taibi was always a beast of defender for free

Edited by Hugobombski

2032 on FM08

Yeah, I'm not really a fast player.

That was from the day 08 came out until 14th January this year...(H)

Newcastle stole Joe Cole from me for 14 million dollars. Because the chairman was all "YOINK" still because of the MLS and it's crazy rules I end up with an allocation of just 2 million out of that <_<

Oh and it is the nleague file, Haj.

Can anyone tell me which file to delete so Japan can have real players and other such stuff?

Go To > C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\910\lnc\all

Locate the two files ‘fake.inc’ and ‘nleague.inc’

Delete the ‘fake.inc’ file

or replace "update-930" with whichever one you happen to be using

I'm curious as how to everybody manages. When you take over a new team, do you guys tend to clean house? Or do you build from what you're given? What about your staff?

I've caught myself keeping a good core of players around when I take a new job. Obviously it depends on your transfer budget, but even when I have deep pockets, I tend to spend on two or three top flight guys, and keep chugging with what I inherit. But I'm usually the opposite with the staff. I get rid of everyone, and bring in a new staff completely.

What about your styles of play? I spent seven seasons in Barnsley, and by the time I left, I had us as basically an all-out attack squad. But I took the job at Q.P.R. (after failing to get a National job) and right out the gate, I attempted to use my all-out attack style and we got walloped. So I have tweaked quite a bit and now I have my guys playing more conservative and slow. We're a horrid team, and neither style is really helping, but we tend to lose 1-0 or 2-0 as opposed to 3-0/4-0.

I'm curious as how to everybody manages. When you take over a new team, do you guys tend to clean house? Or do you build from what you're given? What about your staff?

I've caught myself keeping a good core of players around when I take a new job. Obviously it depends on your transfer budget, but even when I have deep pockets, I tend to spend on two or three top flight guys, and keep chugging with what I inherit. But I'm usually the opposite with the staff. I get rid of everyone, and bring in a new staff completely.

What about your styles of play? I spent seven seasons in Barnsley, and by the time I left, I had us as basically an all-out attack squad. But I took the job at Q.P.R. (after failing to get a National job) and right out the gate, I attempted to use my all-out attack style and we got walloped. So I have tweaked quite a bit and now I have my guys playing more conservative and slow. We're a horrid team, and neither style is really helping, but we tend to lose 1-0 or 2-0 as opposed to 3-0/4-0.

I'm only just getting back into FM and I'm taking a slightly different approach.

I'm going to take over Chelsea, I'm a fan but usually choose not to use them.

I'll be holidaying through 5 seasons unemployed then I'll take Chelsea as they are on June 30 2014

And I'll try to continue on from where the previous manager left off.

I just done a post-3rd season check and It's not looking too different.

A few new faces in and a few gone, Drogba the only staying Striker.

Good to see a few faces moving into the first team, but we'll see in 2 more years...

I usually stick with as many players as I can, apart from useless twats who've been there far too long without contributing much and I don't feel bad about selling. That's if I even have transfer budgets on in the first window, though. Then I like to build my team around a 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1, when I have players who can pass the ball about and a fast striker to task with chasing down my through balls.

I find that the better my team is (IE: Top Premier League teams) I will play a more flashy attacking style. The lower I am (IE: Bath City) I will try a grinding, defensive counter approach. I never seem to end up with a really balanced style though. It's odd.

As for players & staff, I tend to overhaul a lot. I'm almost never satisfied with the team and when I have tons of money I feel like adding some sort of gimmick to the squad. Not the best way to manage, but still :shifty:

I tend to play depending on how the team is. In my current game with Vancouver I played a 4-5-1 in the first season. If I'm a smaller team in league, a newly promoted one for example I will play with a 5-3-2 and defend rigorously. My true preferred formation is a 4-2-1-2 or a variant of that.

So I replaced Joe Cole with Roman Pavlyuchenko which means we now have to play 4-4-2.