Football Manager 2010

METALMAN

I tend to play 4 back, 2 CM's, 2 wingers and 2 strikers 99% of the time with a counter attack.

It's worked wonders for me so far.

Finally won the Champions League.

So, so far I have 6 league titles (in a row), 5 League Cups, 3 Portuguese Cups, 3 Super Cups, 1 Champions League and 1 African Nations Cup (with Nigeria)

Not that bad of a resume. Now, going to play the 2014 World Cup, in a group with Germany, Russia and Uruguay

So I started a game as FC Bunyodkor of the Uzbekistan league and it's actually kind of fun. Really easy in league so far, but I am eager to see if my quality translates to the Champions League. FC Bunyodkor also have a VERY high transfer budget for an Asian team (Like 8 million USD) and you get to start with Rivaldo. Losing some players now, but I've still yet to taste defeat as skipper. I'd post a line-up, but I doubt people would recognize most of the names :shifty:

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Looks like I'll be keeping West Brom in the Prem for another year, but the real story is Wolves--second place behind Chelsea with two matches left, and unbeaten in their last 22. Unbelievable.

Looks like I'll be keeping West Brom in the Prem for another year, but the real story is Wolves--second place behind Chelsea with two matches left, and unbeaten in their last 22. Unbelievable.

Trust me, if you were manager of West Brom and you even thought about been impressed by Wolves acheiving anything, you'd be taken onto Soho Street and hung from the nearest lampost. (Y)

I have played four seasons with Manchester City. Done pretty darn good so far, winning the league on all four occasions. In the spoiler tags below are the 'ins and outs' that happened that helped me get to where I am.

Recently was given the England job too - much trickier proposition. Beat Latvia, Andorra and Sweden in some qualifiers, but then lost 4-3 away to Belgium. Really. Nearly lost my job after a poor confederations cup showing too, drawing with Ivory Coast and losing to Australia and Brazil.

But yeah, below are screenies of how each season went.

In short - Torres, Gourcouff, Hazard, Zhirkov and Neuer are awesome. :)

2009/2010

Cup Record

League Cup

QF (Home) 1-2 Ipswich (That's what you get for playing youngsters >_>)

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 0-0 Bolton, lost 4-2 on pens.

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers0.png

League Table

fm2010mancityfinaltable.png

2010/2011

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-0 Arsenal

League Cup

Final (Neutral) 1-1 Arsenal, lost 4-2 on pens.

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 0-4 Chelsea

Champs. League

SF (Home) 0-1 & (Away) 2-4 Real Madrid

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.png

fm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

2011/2012

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-1 Chelsea

League Cup

QF (Away) 3-3 Sunderland, lost 4-2 on pens.

FA Cup

F (Neutral) 2-0 Chelsea

Champs. League

Group Stage (w/Stade Rennais, Juventus, Athletico Madrid)

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

2012/2013

Cup Record

Community Shield

Final (Neutral) 2-1 Man Utd

League Cup

QF (Away) 0-2 Man Utd

FA Cup

SF (Neutral) 1-1 Tottenham, lost 5-4 on pens.

Champs. League

F (Neutral) 1-0 Juventus

Transfers

fm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.pngfm2010mancitytransfers1.png

League Table

Thought I'd give y'all an update.

So, 2013/2014 came and went. I won the league by TWENTY points with 96 to Aston Villa's 76. I was also undefeated in the league winning 29 and drawing 9. I scored 80 goals, and only conceded 13. :D

Won the community shield on pens 5-4 vs Spurs after a 1-1 draw.

Went out in the first knockout round of the champs league to Real Madrid 5-2 on agg (1-1 home, 2-4 away)

Won the World Club championship beating Flamengo 3-0 in the final.

Went out at the 6th round of the FA Cup 1-0 to Liverpool.

Won the league cup, beating Liverpool 3-0 in the final.

Pretty epic season, overall.

Now for 2014/2015. Tighter season, but still topped the league by 7 points in the end, finishing above Man U.

Community Shield - beat Arsenal 2-1.

Champs League - lost 1-0 to Real Madrid in the final.

FA Cup - beat Newcastle 2-1 in the final.

League Cup - lost to Liverpool 1-0 in the final.

And that brings me up to date with City.

Now, for my England exploits. After nearly getting the sack for losing in the group stage of the confederations cup, I had the following run:

7-0 A Andorra

4-1 A Sweden

4-0 H Belgium

4-1 A Finland

I then played some throw away friendlies beating Sri Lanka 4-1 at home, and Zanzibar 3-0 at home too.

Beginning of 2014 saw two more friendlies. I drew 1-1 away to Japan and beat Australia 3-0 at home.

Then it was World Cup time. :D

In the group stage, I comfortably beat Canada 2-0, and South Africa 1-0. I then fielded a weakened side against Greece to rest the big players, and duly lost 1-0, meaning I came second in the group.

2nd Round - beat Portugal 2-1

Quarter-final - beat Russia 1-0

Semi-Final - beat Czech Republic 5-0 (!)

Final - drew with Brazil 1-1... and won 4-2 on penalties! :D :D

Needless to say, the FA liked me a bit more after that.

Since then, I drew 0-0 away to Norway in a friendly before starting my Euro Qualifying campaign.

It's a bit shaky so far. Here's my results:

0-1 H Switzerland

4-0 A Faroe Islands

3-1 H Belgium

Had a friendly against Wales, winning 3-0 at home.

2015 so far has had me only beat Cape Verde Islands 3-2 at home in the friendly (!)

Back in the Euroes, I beat Lithuania away 1-0, and drew 1-1 away to Switzerland.

And that just about brings me up to date. Oh, and I finally signed Lionel Messi - only cost me £133m! :)

Just been linked with the Liverpool job on my game, though I refuse to ever manage them as I'm an Everton fan. Now I have a choice to stay on at Sevilla, and try defend everything I won last season, or take the vacant Arsenal job (Wenger retired). I'll have an 80 mil transfer budget with Sevilla, or a 17 mil budget at Arsenal.

I kind of want to move on as I've done everything with Sevilla, but part of me wants to stay as I've made this team a dominant force in La Liga.

If I do stay, starting 11 for next season looks to be:

GK: Adler

CB: Fazio

CB: Bruno Alves

CB: Senderos

CM: Rodwell

CM: Navas

CM: Annan

CAM: Gourcuff

ST: Negredo

ST: Milevskiy

ST: Keirrison

But, I will probably make one or two new signings.

And that just about brings me up to date. Oh, and I finally signed Lionel Messi - only cost me £133m! :)

Am I the only one who really feels uncomfortable about spending loads of money on transfers, even if said money technically exists? :shifty:

For example, a common situation might be...

Bank Balance: £60million

Transfer Budget: £50million

Me: "Really don't want to spend more than £20million if I can help it..."

No?

I once played a game with Bayern Munich where I kept going entire transfer windows without spending money (free deals, swaps, contract stuff)... knowing that I'd make £50m or so per season from sponsors etc. where I didn't.

Suffice to say, it was an incredibly long game and I ended up having Bayern Munich as the richest team in the world with no outside influence :D

Edited by The General

A good free transfer is the most glorious thing. I got both Theo Walcott and Salomon Kalou on frees in my Villa game.

Sadly, my 2016 Chelsea game has been severely lacking in quality players near the end of their contract...

I signed Fabregas for 144m on 09. And he wasn't even that good. In fact, he was probably worse than the man he replaced. But I was pissing the league by that point, I had to do something whacky to keep myself interested.

And yeah, free transfers are awesome. Especially when you're a bottom-half team signing some 33 year old maestro or something.

started a game with Grimsby cause i have a mate who supports them and have been ripping him about them getting relegated so thought lets have a challenge.

Got Rhys Murphy on a 3 month loan and i am goin to be gutted when he leaves he's been immense for me. I'll update soon

Free transfers are the bomb.

Rommedahl, Saha and (the original) Ronaldo on my Feyenoord squad.

Of course, press conference to introduce them, I get asked the question if I'm worried about Ronaldo's injuries, I answer not at all, first match, he's out for 6 months.

101.JPG

Just discovered a screen of my best FM game ever. Later on I would have my highest win in an FM game ever with Barca beating some amateur side by about 13 goals. And I'd spend time at Milan where Juilo Bapitista scored 6 and then got sent off all in the space of 90 mins.

Back to the current game though, after losing to LA Galaxy in the opener made a few changes to the instructions of some players and went on to beat Houston and Chicago 3-1. Have drawn back to back games with the Red Bulls. Despite having so many injuries I was forced to rely on a 43 year old Pat Onstad in goal! A quick check on the game shows the oldest player is 47 year old Kevin Poole.

I like that you're having a conversation with Ass.

I won the League Championship with Barnsley. We got promoted to the Premier League, and I was terrified we'd get skunked. We actually finished eighth, and I was ecstatic. The next year I got us to fourth. Bob Bradley resigned for the US, so I took that job. We're now in the middle of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup, so I resigned from my post at Barnsley. I'm a "Favorite" of that club now, though, so if I want back, I could probably go. Right now, we're in the last qualifying stage. It's us, Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Hondura, and El Salvador. We have no problem with everyone BUT Mexico. They beat us 3-0. But in the Confederation's Cup, I took Brazil to penalty kicks in the semi-finals (we lost 5-4 in PKs) and then we took Italy to penalty kicks in the third place game (again, losing 5-4). So we can take Brazil (still #1 in the world) and Italy (#4 in the world) to the limit, but we get beatdown by three goals to Mexico.