General Television Thread

Hellfire

Can anyone advise me on when Party Down picks up, watched the first few episodes which were good enough to keep me interested but now i'm about 6 episodes in and it's still not really clicking. I've heard such high praise, I assumed it would just be an instant hit. I don't find it bad, just wondered if it gets going as little more as the series goes on?

Can anyone advise me on when Party Down picks up, watched the first few episodes which were good enough to keep me interested but now i'm about 6 episodes in and it's still not really clicking. I've heard such high praise, I assumed it would just be an instant hit. I don't find it bad, just wondered if it gets going as little more as the series goes on?

Honestly, not really. There's a few funnier episodes, but like yourself, I've found it to be much more 'okay' than anything else. It's a fun enough little show though and series 2 has some better episodes. The latest was quite good, for example. I don't think I'd have watched all of it if I weren't hurting for new shows to watch though.

Party Down is one of those shows that not everyone is going to like. If you like that kind of humor its an awesome show but if you don't then my suggestion is just stop watching it because it stays to the same format for the whole series and powering through it is just going to make you hate the show. Some of the episodes are better than others though, the past two have been really really awesome and Roman has seriously become one of my favorite characters, rather than just a background one.

The God of Wine bit in the latest episode and the Steve Guttenburg episode in general were pretty much worth it I found. I like the humour, I don't think it's the best, but it's enjoyable. Adam Scott and Lizzy Caplan are great, but it's really the rest of the cast that shine.

Apart from Lydia.

I don't even like Jane Lynch, but the Lydia character is a poor replacement. And I do kind of miss the chemistry she had with Ryan Hansen.

I actually thought Megan Mullaly was really good this week. Last week too, but this week she actually felt like a character with a proper dynamic within the cast. Constance fit the theme of the series better, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing her again later in the season.

Yeah, she couldn't commit to both a major network series and Party Down beyond a guest appearance, same reason why if there's a season three Adam Scott won't be in more than a third of it. I believe she was filming the pilot during the last two episodes of season one, which is why Jennifer Coolidge took her place for those ones basically playing a marginally different version of Constance's character type.

Scott and Lizzie Caplin carry the series. They're easily the two most awesome and fun characters. Though, I do like Roman and Kyle. I just don't see there being much of a third season without Adam Scott; 'cos he's the center of the show.

The Smallville Season Finale.

Oh my god. Fucking amazing. THAT is how you do a Finale. Seriously, I think that may be my all time favourite final episode. Everything about it was perfect, it set up the next series, the fight scenes were amazing, the way they dealt with the storylines and the cameos from the other members of the Justice League... Just amazing. And man, Callum Blue as Zod can do no wrong. This is the first time I've ever truly brought Tom Welling as Superman, not as Clark, but as Superman. Just all around fantastic episode and I now cannot wait for the next series.

Just finally watched the finale, WOW :o jaw on the ground, they have really made this series much better then it used to be.

Oh my god. Whoever does the sound editing on Burn Notice needs to fired. I can barley hear anything anyone is saying over the noise of the music or guns being fired. It's terrible.

Anyone know why last night's "You Have Been Watching" was a repeat? I heard Armando Iannuci was going to be on. :(

They picked a quality repeat though. Josie Long :wub: (got a massive crush on her, google image search never does her justice :(), Frankie Boyle being awesome and fucking Richard Bacon being hilariously dark.

Yeah it is. Mark Feuerstein (Hank) is hosting RAW in about a week as well.

And I.. really didn't have any issues with the audio in Burn Notice the other night. Weird.

Anyone know why last night's "You Have Been Watching" was a repeat? I heard Armando Iannuci was going to be on. :(

They picked a quality repeat though. Josie Long :wub: (got a massive crush on her, google image search never does her justice :(), Frankie Boyle being awesome and fucking Richard Bacon being hilariously dark.

It was supposed to be a 'crime' special but with the shootings in Cumbria they decided to postpone its' transmission.

Watched up to the most recent episode of Royal Pains last night. USA seems to have alot of these type of shows, they're fun, have some good characters and are easy to watch. Perfect summertime viewing. Today I'm catching up with Justified, which is a really good show that just wrapped up its first season and hasn't gotten enough good things said about it. I mean seriously, Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins in middle of nowhere Kentucky, shooting rednecks and blowing up meth labs. What's not to love?