General Television Thread

Hellfire

I agree with the love for Justified. It was a show I wasn't expecting much from, but it really turned out to be a really solid show. The season finale was great. And enough can't be said about Walton Goggins, The man has been amazing on Justified.

Since I finally found a decent place to watch Angel, so I'm making my way through that right now. A couple of episodes into the fourth season right now, tis awesome. Anyways, has anyone watched Treme? That seems like the next show on my list right now.

Edited by Hellfire

Finally gotten around to seeing the trailer for Friends With Benefits and wow, Ryan Hansen looks like he may actually be able to hold the show on his own. He's got a lot more range than I expected. My only worry is that it'll run it's course very quickly. It looks like it should be a film, not a TV series and it's fairly obvious that the friends will end up together.

Also, Fran Kranz sighting! For the longest time that guy was the one interesting thing about Dollhouse.

Summed it perfectly. That looks like it should be a film. But I'll give it a chance. I loved the guy from Dollhouse and Ryan Hansen's won me over in Party Down. But with this and Adam Scott's part in P&R, I take it there's no 3rd Party Down Season.

Whether there's a third season yet is pretty much in doubt. Actual Nielsen ratings have been bad, but I imagine the fact that anyone can watch the show online, with Starz sponsoring it, instead of watching it on their network that you have to pay for is a factor.

Also, yeah, anyone in this thread who hasn't watched Freaks and Geeks must do so immediately.

My opinion changes all the time on which of those two was better. Freaks and Geeks had more of a charm to it, but Undeclared got a few more moments of out right laughter from me. Plus the Adam Sandler episode is brilliant. tongue.gif

Freaks and Geeks is much better than Undeclared in my opinion, which isn't a knock on Undeclared at all but rather just a testament to how absurdly talented the Freaks and Geeks cast was and how strong the stories were. Undeclared was great, but it didn't have the ability to transition from great comedy to great drama the way Freaks and Geeks did.