General Television Thread

Hellfire

I've actually just started (like, literally loaded up the second episode of series 1) continuing my watching of Sons of Anarchy. The second episode is so much more entertaining than the first.

Yeah, and yet..

I felt some weird sort of empathy with the character when he's killed. What he tells his son, the way he just sits down and resigns to his fate. Despite being a bigoted aryan, they managed to, I thought, really humanize him as a character near the end of his run.

Yeah, and yet..

I felt some weird sort of empathy with the character when he's killed. What he tells his son, the way he just sits down and resigns to his fate. Despite being a bigoted aryan, they managed to, I thought, really humanize him as a character near the end of his run.

HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF SEASON FINALE - ACK, MY HEART. NOT THE PROSPECT. NOOOO.

For Community, I thought the last 4 episodes really summed up the entire series for me. Especially, besides maybe the last episode, they really re-established what they are all about to me

So in my plans to rewatch the whole of Lost I skipped past Season 1 since I watched that again pretty recently. I've just done the first four episodes of Season 2, they've all been fantastic, I think Season 2 is my favourite hands down. The stuff with

the button

is fucking epic.

First series of Sons of Anarchy is awesome. Hoping to get through the second today and then start on Mad Men, which I saw the first episode off and it was good. Not great, but not bad in any way.

I'm pretty sure John Oliver's only in two or three episodes.

A bit more than that but not much. The first episode definitely seemed to imply he was going to be more of a recurring character than he actually is.

Okay, this week's Party Down is one of the all-time best episodes of the series. It's pretty much one big love-letter to the farce and it's just brilliant all-around. This and the Steve Guttenberg episode last week really make me think that season two has hit its stride in terms of using the full cast as an ensemble (whereas they had some issues fitting Lydia in before this).

Man. The episode of SOA where Gemma tells Clay and Jax about what happened to her... crying.gif

My girlfriend damn near had a nervous breakdown while watching that scene. Seriously intense shit.

Man. The episode of SOA where Gemma tells Clay and Jax about what happened to her... crying.gif

My girlfriend damn near had a nervous breakdown while watching that scene. Seriously intense shit.

I couldn't watch it normally. I watched it at x2 speed to get it done with quickly it was so tense.

I knew as soon as I saw the episode was almost over that it wouldn't end well.

sad.gif Just the bit where he falls into Clay and where Clay let's Zobal go because "Irish took my grandson." was glorious. SOA is easily one of the top shows still going.