General Television Thread

Hellfire

Rumored, but not officially.

EDIT: See TKz beat me to it.

But yeah, Heroes being cancelled was pretty obvious. Though I thought it would stick around if only because of how obvious it was.

At least this means Jay Harrington can find himself a new project. The man reaks of charisma, he's like a poor man's George Clooney. (which I mean in a good way.)

Jack Coleman too, and hopefully Hayden will go the way of most pretty young blonde things in Hollywood - She'll line up a few films that'll bomb or at least under perform before mostly disappearing from the mainstream. These last few series of Heroes gave me enough of her to last something like 10 years without any more. >_>

So, Scrubs has apparently been canned. (From Zach Braff's real FB)

Shame, it was starting to pick up steam. I will miss the cast members, I had started to grow attached to them. Lucy, Cole & Jo will be my most missed. sad.gif

This is the quote about Scrubs ending wich Braff leaked.

At least this means Jay Harrington can find himself a new project. The man reaks of charisma, he's like a poor man's George Clooney. (which I mean in a good way.)

Jack Coleman too, and hopefully Hayden will go the way of most pretty young blonde things in Hollywood - She'll line up a few films that'll bomb or at least under perform before mostly disappearing from the mainstream. These last few series of Heroes gave me enough of her to last something like 10 years without any more. >_>

Heroes got cancelled? I thought the show was doing greatly (as in ratings) didn't expect it to be cancelled. (I haven't watched the show since the first season)

If it goes that way, she could always pose for Playboy or something, that way she can stay relevant and we all win.

Edited by Powerhart

...you clearly haven't been following it at all. Heroes went from NBC's only show with ratings that didn't suck on a Monday Night to one of the least watched, yet somewhat popular programs since Firefly.

I think Tara Reid has proven that posing for Playboy doesn't exactly bring in the high profile jobs. I'd still shag though. shifty.gif

The ratings have been going downhill for ages. It's a shame though, Season 5 could've been interesting.

People have been saying that about the next series since Series 2 ended. It could have, but let's be realistic, when has Heroes ever capitalised on a good idea and made it not only work, but stick to it? tongue.gif

Hopefully another show will pop up to take in the audience that was left of Heroes for a popular Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Action/Drama show that'll actually be able to, you know, stick to one story and tell it well. Because I think the first series proved that there's very much a market for a show like Heroes.

Oh so, Supernatural...

I too was pretty let down by the finale. I mean, it was good enough but nothing really happened. The idea that Chuck was God though was pretty cool and I don't necessarily think that Sam's alive in the true sense of the word. On Earth? Yeah, but not necessarily alive. It leaves for an open ended discovery next season and is really probably for the best because there isn't exactly a whole lot they can work with and exploring Sam being a demon/ghost/what have you is probably one of the more interesting ones that they can do, especially if Sam keeps it a secret from Dean at the beginning. And I think they avoided killing off characters as an insurance policy of sorts so that they can bring said characters back in the future. Though, I wouldn't have agreed with the killing of Bobby to begin with since he's pretty much their de facto father at this point and I think that losing him would've thrown way too much (unneeded) angst into next season.

...wow, I just kinda went off on a tangent there.

I'm glad they didn't kill of Castiel or Bobby, but they really shouldn't have done such a lame tease if they were just going to bring them right back. I'm not sure how I feel about Dean going off and living a normal life either. It's a nice thought, but Lisa hadn't even been mentioned in like, what, two series worth of time? Not to mention if they're going to continue after this, I'd much rather they had Dean go off the rails hunting anything he can find and trying to find a way to let Sam back out. Though I suppose they already did that with Sam at the start of Series 4, but Dean would have been cool doing it. >_>

And WOW, did they ever render the whole thing with Adam and Michael completely pointless.

I can't help but feel that the reason the Finale was such a let down was because they had to change it so that the next series could still happen. I'm glad there'll be more Supernatural, but a part of me wishes there wasn't, just so we could have gotten a decent ending.

Also I love Chuck, but did anyone else get annoyed by the episode having a Narration? I get why they did it, to build up to the moment Lucifer was stopped, but it felt both a bit cheesy and insulting. When he starts going on about Endings being hard and never satisfying the readers, I couldn't help but feel like Kripke was being a bit too much of a Smart Ass and saying "If you don't like it, fuck you, you try writing an ending."

Scrubs should've ended after last year, the med school idea wasn't bad, but they should've just made it an official spin off.

FlashForward getting canceled sucks, it was starting to get somewhat enjoyable... some weeks.

Better Off Ted is the biggest bummer of the bunch, that show was consistently hilarious every single week. Excellent writing, excellent cast, fun premise, all around fantastic show.

Heroes ended after Season 1... I don't know what that garbage in its timeslot with the same cast was, but it definitely wasn't the Heroes I watched. If you want your superhero drama fix, ABC just picked up a Michael Chiklis/Julie Benz/Tate Donovan show which hopefully will be everything Heroes should've been.

I think the most surprising of all the news is the fact that V got renewed. (I can't remember if myself or someone else actually posted that. >_>)

I mean, it's not that bad a show or anything, it's just the fact that it survived going something like 4-6 months before returning and actually managed to keep the ratings high enough that it didn't get cancelled.

EDIT: The show with Julie Benz/Tate Donovan will hopefully be awesome, but I can't help but shake this feeling that it won't be quite the super powered action show that I'm hoping for. Obviously it should be more than just action, but where's the fun in a show about super powers without dramatic fight scenes and evil alliances etc.

I would argue that V is that bad of a show. Decent start, but it just keeps getting worse with each passing week. Waste of a good cast, craptastic dialog, shows where absolutely NOTHING happens, etc. I would've much preferred more FlashForward.

I haven't actually gotten around to watching the new episodes, so I wasn't aware. Shame though, I do love Elizabeth Mitchell.

Clearly the problem lies is the fact that Alan Tudyk isn't in every single episode. shifty.gif

On the subject of FlashForward, don't get me wrong, it's still not very good and I'm far from heartbroken about its cancellation, but it has its good weeks. I am a fan of the concept though, it's a shame they couldn't make it more interesting.

V though? Yeah, you're not missing anything.

I agree about FlashForward. The concept was great, but the actual execution (from what I saw of it) left something to be desired. Never cared about V one way or the other, so it getting renewed is kinda meh to me. And I don't count this last season of "Scrubs" as actual SCRUBS. I just pretend it ended before the medical school stuff, and that all of that was a dream by JD or something.

The Smallville Season Finale.

Oh my god. Fucking amazing. THAT is how you do a Finale. Seriously, I think that may be my all time favourite final episode. Everything about it was perfect, it set up the next series, the fight scenes were amazing, the way they dealt with the storylines and the cameos from the other members of the Justice League... Just amazing. And man, Callum Blue as Zod can do no wrong. This is the first time I've ever truly brought Tom Welling as Superman, not as Clark, but as Superman. Just all around fantastic episode and I now cannot wait for the next series.

I agree about FlashForward. The concept was great, but the actual execution (from what I saw of it) left something to be desired. Never cared about V one way or the other, so it getting renewed is kinda meh to me. And I don't count this last season of "Scrubs" as actual SCRUBS. I just pretend it ended before the medical school stuff, and that all of that was a dream by JD or something.

HAHA! what a good way to think about it

Also, any X-Files fans around? I've started to try and watch it from the beginning but it's a bit slow at the moment for my likings. The monsters of the week aren't particularly great just yet either. Does it pick up? How long do I have to wait for it to start getting good?

I'm glad they didn't kill of Castiel or Bobby, but they really shouldn't have done such a lame tease if they were just going to bring them right back. I'm not sure how I feel about Dean going off and living a normal life either. It's a nice thought, but Lisa hadn't even been mentioned in like, what, two series worth of time? Not to mention if they're going to continue after this, I'd much rather they had Dean go off the rails hunting anything he can find and trying to find a way to let Sam back out. Though I suppose they already did that with Sam at the start of Series 4, but Dean would have been cool doing it. >_>

And WOW, did they ever render the whole thing with Adam and Michael completely pointless.

I can't help but feel that the reason the Finale was such a let down was because they had to change it so that the next series could still happen. I'm glad there'll be more Supernatural, but a part of me wishes there wasn't, just so we could have gotten a decent ending.

Also I love Chuck, but did anyone else get annoyed by the episode having a Narration? I get why they did it, to build up to the moment Lucifer was stopped, but it felt both a bit cheesy and insulting. When he starts going on about Endings being hard and never satisfying the readers, I couldn't help but feel like Kripke was being a bit too much of a Smart Ass and saying "If you don't like it, fuck you, you try writing an ending."

Haven't you been even paying attention? Lisa has been discussed and seen numerous times this season. It was only a few episodes back that Dean went to visit her actually :/

It wasn't the best Supernatural finale, but I actually loved it, just felt different to the others. The ending with Sam was spot on I thought and leaves me wondering what the hell they're going to do in the final season. I'm wondering if Sam will actually be pissed that Dean just gave up, even though he forced him to make that promise.

And I'm also glad and still hoping that none of the obvious people are God. I'm just hoping it's somebody we haven't seen yet and it's a dead cert we'll find out in the final season.

Haven't you been even paying attention? Lisa has been discussed and seen numerous times this season. It was only a few episodes back that Dean went to visit her actually :/

It wasn't the best Supernatural finale, but I actually loved it, just felt different to the others. The ending with Sam was spot on I thought and leaves me wondering what the hell they're going to do in the final season. I'm wondering if Sam will actually be pissed that Dean just gave up, even though he forced him to make that promise.

And I'm also glad and still hoping that none of the obvious people are God. I'm just hoping it's somebody we haven't seen yet and it's a dead cert we'll find out in the final season.

I love that you accuse me of not even paying attention and then finally you talk about how we don't know who god is, especially considering the ending.

tongue.gif

And seriously? hmm.gif Lisa has been mentioned like, twice before this episode. You act like she's been a background part of the show since she was introduced, when in reality, Dean randomly turned up at her house like 4 episodes ago. That's pretty much the only time she factored into this series at all before the finale.