General Television Thread

Hellfire

Now I've moved on to Burn Notice (this streak of new shows is to make up for the fact Lost will be ending soon, Heroes seems up in the air, TNA just isn't worth watching and Superstars is boring me, it frees up TV time :P) and holyfuckshitfun, I love this show, and that's WITHOUT the fact Bruce Campbell is in it, which just adds to its deliciousness even more.

I couldn't sleep last night and saw a recent episode of "Heroes"...it actually wasn't as ATROCIOUS as people seem to make it out to be. The one where Claire thinks Sylar's kidnapped her lezbo friend. And it's nice to know Parkman's wife is back. She's a right fitty.

YI's opinion doesn't count, surely? He judges a show purely on how fit the women are!

And Heroes wasn't awful this series until it became nothing but Claire. The whole show was nothing but Claire with the occasional appearance by Samuel. Hayden isn't even that fit!

No I don't. :shifty: I like "The Wire"...and "Waking The Dead" (frenchy ain't in anymore :()...and "Wallander"...and...errr...there's got to be more without fitties..."Keeping Up Appearances". :shifty:

That being said I did watch an atrocious game show hosted by 'Keith Lemon' last night because Holly Willoughby was one of the team captains (fuck Ferne Cotton though, no matter how pretty she is, she's a twat).

To be fair 99% of TV I actually watch (and not stream/casually drop in and out of like soaps - because the mother has them on nearly constantly) are straight up comedy programs, so pretty women generally make them worse.

I quite liked Heroes s1, but 2 was an abortion and I just gave up after about four episodes of season 3. I love the idea and want to watch it, because it could be really good, but I end up just getting annoyed by how much potential they waste.

Out of interest, is Peter Petrelli still a main character? Even in the first season he wound me up, mostly because Milo Ventimiglia is an awful actor.

If you count everybody that's not Claire, a main character, then yes.

Seriously, it's gotten to the point where she's the main character and everybody else is a secondary character.

Oh and they made Peter a far more tolerable character because he can only have one power at a time now. Plus, Milo's seems to have gotten a bit better at acting (not that that's saying a whole lot, though).

Oh yeah, finding out they killed off Nathan. BIGGEST...CROCK...OF...SHIT...EVER!

For the love of god at least tell me Ali Larter's fucked off.

Edited by YI

Oh yeah, finding out they killed off Nathan. BIGGEST...CROCK...OF...SHIT...EVER!

For the love of god at least tell me Ali Larter's fucked off.

No. Ali Larter just would not stop coming back. I swear she died twice but she's just so damn annoying that she apparently cannot be killed. >_>

I find Bennett the most interesting character, followed by Peter, Sylar at times and Samuel. Claire is drab. Really drab. I'm enjoying Season 4 for what it is. It's an improvement on the past two, though I know retract my statement, it's still way off Season One. But, while Season 4 has been slow, I think it's had really fun and interesting moments. Bennett has been a real high point, for sure.

You've all said it doesn't have a good conclusion, but I keep up hope I'll be satisfied.

When we talked about it, TKz and I were mostly referring to the end of the season's arc, as opposed to the beginning of the next one.

Because, yeah, the way the finale ended gives me a sliver of hope for next season if it comes back.

It was the conclusion for Samuel in the story that I really hated. The man was the one good thing on the show and that's how they finish his story!? Seriously? Then again, Heroes has always been fucking dire when it comes to giving up good endings. Apart from the finale of Series 1, they've crapped out on every other major villains story.

Heroes isn't that bad, It's just Season 1 was probably some of the best TV I've ever watched and I feel an odd sense of dedication to watching it because of it, Season 4 had glimmers of hope, it was just inconsistent.

This. This 100 times over.

I hate how awful the show has become since the first season was one of the best things in TV up to that point, and I hate that, even when it's bad, there's always at least one character or idea or storyline with the potential to make the whole show interesting again, so I keep coming back to it every couple of weeks. Only to be sorely disappointed and disenchanted with the series again.

Heroes is like my abusive, raping wife, but I just can't quit her completely. :crying: