General Television Thread

Hellfire

Gossip Girl is actually awesome. Like, I used to feel kinda guilty when I watched it but not now. Such a good programme. It should totally have a better name so I could go public with my love for it :shifty:

Only bad thing is that now I'm all caught up so I have to wait each week for a new episode. Ugh. It's like when I started watching Lost, spent every day for a couple of weeks watching the first four series and then had to wait every week for a new episode - was a hard transition. I need to start watching something else to occupy that early morning period when I can't get asleep. Dexter seems like a good candidate - but I think I'll wait until after I hand in my last piece of coursework on Monday.

I don't see Cas standing a chance of surviving. Expect him to bow out at the end of this season, possibly helping/saving Dean, which works perfectly really.

Also disagree about the latest stuff they're doing. I think Supernatural works so well because they aren't constantly focusing on the main part of the story in every episode, yet every episode still manages to add something to the entire story. The newest episode was really good I thought and added brilliantly to the overall story and surely is the beginning of the end for Bobby.

I'm really happy to have Flash Forward back, it's a really fun show which just seems to get better. I really hope it has a satisfying conclusion.

Just picked Fringe back up at S2, E11. Still love this show. The chemistry between the leads is really good. Like the stories of the week; but really want to get back to the bigger picture.

Finally, watched the latest episode of Heroes. This show really is picking up. I'm loving it right now. I'd say it's back to Season One levels of awesome. Samuel injects a new life and energy into the show. Though, it's slightly lacking in action right now.

I'm really happy to have Flash Forward back, it's a really fun show which just seems to get better. I really hope it has a satisfying conclusion.

Just picked Fringe back up at S2, E11. Still love this show. The chemistry between the leads is really good. Like the stories of the week; but really want to get back to the bigger picture.

Finally, watched the latest episode of Heroes. This show really is picking up. I'm loving it right now. I'd say it's back to Season One levels of awesome. Samuel injects a new life and energy into the show. Though, it's slightly lacking in action right now.

Wow, really? I don't think we watched the same show. hmm.gif

Fun would not be the word I would describe the Claire Benet Hour of Power. :shifty:

It irritates me that she's the un-killable girl. Because I think she's the one character on the show I've always really hoped would die. >_>

Kay, I just like Samuel alot. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all pans out. I'm hoping for some big old epic battle - like, really awesome. I mean, a boy can hope, right?

Poor misguided fool.

I'll save you some trouble and tell you that the ending to Samuel's part of the story is a massive let down and that the character ends up just being disappointing. If you want to be entertained by Robert Knepper, watch Prison Break. His character T-Bag is just awesome and the show itself is about 10x better than Heroes.

Then again, I'd wager most live action shows on Disney are better than Heroes was recently.

Yeah, I admit, I was liking the show more and more as the last season got closer to the end but the way they closed the Samuel storyline was awful. You're going to be sorely disappointed by it, for sure.

And if the show doesn't get cancelled (like everybody thinks it will), they really need to make some major changes either on-screen or behind the scenes, otherwise their audience will continue to dwindle.

I quite liked season 1 of Heroes, then season 2 was atrocious. Season 3 started off shit and then I lost interest. Then I started watching it again and saw like the last 7 episodes in a row, and it was alright... not great but alright. Then season 4 started off promisingly and just got shit so I stopped watching it again... I have like 4 episodes left. I think my problem is I hate most of the characters. They're just not that likeable or interesting. And the storylines are god-awful.

Greek is like someone tried to combine Undeclared and The OC or Gossip Girl or one of those types of shows.

Which results in something that's... okay. Not amazing, but I've enjoyed it so far. And the main bird is fitttttt.

I watched what I could of the first series of Greek whenever it was on TV. It's definitely fun to watch. Not overly great but then there's only like two shows I would class as great anyway. Worth watching if you can't find anything better I guess. I might actually catch up on it myself since I came in here to ask for comedies with a nice edge of drama (eg Scrubs, Friends...), or maybe even dramas with a nice edge of comedy that have been on for at least couple of seasons so I can bulk watch them and aren't shit... but Greek kinda fits the bill. Eh. Would welcome other suggestions though. Apart from HIMYM.

I cannot pimp out Greek enough. Absolutely love the show. It does a great job of being a dramedy that's still enjoyable to watch, even when it's being serious. Mix that in with likeable characters, situations you can relate too and the fact there's like 22, hour long episodes a series, it's totally worth getting into.