General Television Thread

Hellfire

So I'm 4 episodes into Chuck and yes, it's fantastic. Morgan is annoying as fuck though. He's obviously there for comic value but he's less funny than every other main character so what's the point :shifty: Hopefully he gets better as it goes on.

As for FlashFoward, I haven't seen it since the masssssssive break. It just didn't leave me with enough to wanna carry on afterwards. I'll probably catch up at some point, but with awesome shows like Chuck I haven't discovered yet I'll probably work my way around before I get back to it.

So I'm 4 episodes into Chuck and yes, it's fantastic. Morgan is annoying as fuck though. He's obviously there for comic value but he's less funny than every other main character so what's the point :shifty: Hopefully he gets better as it goes on.

As for FlashFoward, I haven't seen it since the masssssssive break. It just didn't leave me with enough to wanna carry on afterwards. I'll probably catch up at some point, but with awesome shows like Chuck I haven't discovered yet I'll probably work my way around before I get back to it.

Cant speak for others, but for me I feel it's finally picked up over the last few episodes. God knows whether the show will even survive much longer, but they've certainly upped the story more as of late.

As far as Morgan goes... yeah, it's gonna be a while. He's been very good this season, though.

Finished the first season of Party Down last night and watching the second episode of season two right now. It's glorious.

I'm in the middle of the first episode of True Blood. If I've found it to be kind of boring and cheesy thusfar (opening scene was entertainingly formulaic, though), is there any reason I should stick with it or is not much going to change for me?

EDIT: Wow. Can a meteor fall on Sassy Black Girl now? Possibly my single least-favorite race trope.

I'm in the middle of the first episode of True Blood. If I've found it to be kind of boring and cheesy thusfar (opening scene was entertainingly formulaic, though), is there any reason I should stick with it or is not much going to change for me?

EDIT: Wow. Can a meteor fall on Sassy Black Girl now? Possibly my single least-favorite race trope.

The first episode wasn't that great so you should probably continue.

True Blood is utter, utter shite. At it's best its cheesy and predictable, at it's worst it's genuinely uncomfortable to watch. I've heard people call it Twilight for grown-ups - which to me would suggest mature characters and intelligent storytelling, not the world's least erotic gratuitous nudity and bullshit plotlines. Completely missable.

The best thing about it is the title sequence. THAT is good.

• Like 1

I had it out on loan from the library and brought it back today because it was two days overdue. Maybe I'll give the second episode a shot when I don't have the second season of Mad Men and the first season of Big Bang Theory to watch.

So, latest Supernatural...

I can't be the only pissed off that they pissed away all the other religions gods in the course of one episode, can I? So much potential for those guys to appear as big bad's in later series, but instead Lucifer wipes them all out in 30 seconds. I really hate how Supernatural does this sometimes. I like that The Four Horsemen get their own little mini-arc, but they've done stuff like this before. The Seven Deadly Sins would have been brilliant as individual enemies, but they end up getting wiped out in no time. >_>

Still, awesome episode and really felt like a return to what makes Supernatural great. Can't wait for the Season Finale. And I need Mark Pellegrino on my screen every week. The man is awesome. Real shame he didn't get the part of the lead character in The Walking Dead.

Wow, I have no clue who either guy cast for The Walking Dead is. I'm guessing they're going all-unknowns for this? Neither Rick nor Shane are my favorite characters in the cast, though, I hope like hell that whomever they cast as Andrea is suitably fucking awesome.

So my mam's off work and watching "Eastenders"...what the fuck is this 'youth contingent' which have suddenly appeared, who are all 'ghetto' and shit? First you had Bianca's black brother's ghetto contingent now there's some proper wideboy and a Lidl value "About A Boy"/"Skins" lad. They're fucking awful.

I will say though, even if that Zsa Zsa (Binks :shifty:) girl's fanny was made of razorblades, I'd lick her from sunrise to sunset.

I like Party Down, its differnet to normal shows and I like that the cast is put into a different party every week, it keepsths story moving along nicely. That and you get to hear Lizzy Caplain say "Cunty". :wub: