General Television Thread

Hellfire

So, latest Supernatural...

I can't be the only pissed off that they pissed away all the other religions gods in the course of one episode, can I? So much potential for those guys to appear as big bad's in later series, but instead Lucifer wipes them all out in 30 seconds. I really hate how Supernatural does this sometimes. I like that The Four Horsemen get their own little mini-arc, but they've done stuff like this before. The Seven Deadly Sins would have been brilliant as individual enemies, but they end up getting wiped out in no time. >_>

Still, awesome episode and really felt like a return to what makes Supernatural great. Can't wait for the Season Finale. And I need Mark Pellegrino on my screen every week. The man is awesome. Real shame he didn't get the part of the lead character in The Walking Dead.

If I remember correctly the writers of this show always planned for it to a be a 5 season series so I'm guessing that would be why it seems so rushed.

The Heroes Finale - I thought it was good enough. Unspectacular, for sure. No suprises except for the very end, which I kind of would love to see explored if they get another season. The end to Samuel's story was very meh. I liked the end to Hiro's arc this year. And I loved Bennet's flashbacks. He's the best thing about this show, without a doubt.

A few things

Where the hell was Mohinder? Did he actually have any purpose this series - at all?

I liked Syler's turn. It was kinda cool to see him and Peter on the same side. Sylar's character had become tired, and I'd kinda like to see where they go with it. But yeah, very unspectacular. Loved the ending, though. The show needed something like that to keep interest in it. Though, it was heartbreaking to watch from Noah's P.O.V.

I'd like to see them get another series so they can wrap things up.

So I finished The OC the other day and now I'm sad :(

By about half-way through the first series it had me gripped and then the second series was awesome as well, the third had a dip in quality but it was still awesome and then the fourth got weird after Marissa died but by the fourth episode it was great again... now I don't know what to do! I've started watching Greek because I can't just go cold turkey on teen melodrama after that :shifty:

So I couldn't figure out what to watch after finishing up Greek (I still haven't watched Mad Men, but I'm just going to continue to put that one off) and eventually decided to watch Skins after hearing good stuff about it from you people. I'm three episodes in and I'm not really sure If I'm liking it very much but honestly, I'm really not sure why.

Edited by Hellfire

So I couldn't figure out what to watch after finishing up Greek (I still haven't watched Mad Men, but I'm just going to continue to put that one off) and eventually decided to watch Skins after hearing good stuff about it from you people. I'm three episodes in and I'm not really sure If I'm liking it very much but honestly, I'm really not sure why.

That would probably be because Skins is not only awful, but also a fantastic example of how poor the quality of British Television is when it comes to anything other than the occasional comedy show (Black Books, IT Crowd, Spaced, Extras) or anything by Charlie Brooker.

Extras isn't even really all that good. The celebrity guests are funny and all, but aside from that it's a fairly uneven show.

Extras isn't even really all that good. The celebrity guests are funny and all, but aside from that it's a fairly uneven show.

Yeah, I'll admit that. And I like Extras quite a bit. I certainly prefer it to The Office though. I've always found that neither show really ever has me in tears, but Extras tends to hit a fair few big laughs per episode for me. I can guarantee that 70% of that is just my absolute love of Gervais though.

Oh Britain. I like to believe that the reason everything we produce on television is usually so bad is because we released Fawlty Towers on the world and nothing else could follow it. sad.gif

Alright, so I do want to watch a british show and since I don't think I can watch anymore of Skins I'll turn to you guys. What's the best british show? Keep in mind, I haven't watched anything from there, so anything really is open. The only british actors I know are Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and thats only because of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

"Teachers". Always "Teachers". 100% "Teachers".

Order of awesome is: S2 -> S1/S3 (1's probably 'better' and has Simon, but 3's funnier) -> S4 a long way off, it's still funny, but it basically became a totally different show.

Been seeing adverts on sky for some war based thingy with Andrew Lincoln in...will have to watch it, purely for my love of Lincoln. :shifty:

And "Skins" is fucking atrocious.

Edited by YI

Alright, so I do want to watch a british show and since I don't think I can watch anymore of Skins I'll turn to you guys. What's the best british show? Keep in mind, I haven't watched anything from there, so anything really is open. The only british actors I know are Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and thats only because of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

I'm assuming you've watched Spaced, yeah? Some good British shows are The IT Crowd, Black Books, Fawlty Towers, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Extras.

Two that really stand out are Coupling, which is basically Britain's answer to Friends and Dead Set, which is a Zombie TV-Mini-Series by Charlie Brooker that's fantastic.

..."The IT Crowd" is atrocious.

Have you suffered some kind of blow to the head recently? huh.gif The IT Crowd is one of the few things this country has produced that doesn't suck. The third series was naff compared to the first two, but I've always greatly enjoyed the whole show.

I'm assuming you've watched Spaced, yeah? Some good British shows are The IT Crowd, Black Books, Fawlty Towers, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Extras.

Two that really stand out are Coupling, which is basically Britain's answer to Friends and Dead Set, which is a Zombie TV-Mini-Series by Charlie Brooker that's fantastic.

I haven't seen Spaced before, so I'm assuming its something I should watch right? I've never seen an episode of Friends (which I'm actually kind of proud of) so I may not watch Coupling but Zombie mini TV series sounds right up my alley.

I haven't seen Spaced before, so I'm assuming its something I should watch right? I've never seen an episode of Friends (which I'm actually kind of proud of) so I may not watch Coupling but Zombie mini TV series sounds right up my alley.

OI! Less no selling of "Teachers". :shifty:

And I've always found "The IT Crowd" just horrendously unfunny. I also found "Man To Man With Dean Learner" horrendously unfunny too, despite loving "Darkplace".

Although, sort of on topic with "The IT Crowd". "Father Ted" is one of the most amazing programs ever.

Edited by YI