General Television Thread

Hellfire

My favourite episode of this season actually, great stuff. I've got no problem with them stepping away from the comedy a lot of the time during this season, as after all, it is the fucking apocalypse coming. I'm just hyped up to see God show up, which he surely will by the end of the season, when they're not expecting it.

But... that's not what we're complaining about at all. We're talking about too much comedy... hmm.gif

And yeah, Cougar Town aint half bad, I've been catching it each week since it started in the US and I have to say, Courtney Cox is 10,000x times more attractive now that she's older.

I'm up to date on Castle and it's awesome. I especially liked on the Halloween episode when Castle comes out in the Serenity/Firefly gear. Just a great, great show and it's good to see Fillion having success too.

I did start on Greek last night and so far it's pretty good; reminds me a lot of Undeclared, like you said. Cappie is by far the best character on the show though; he's just awesome.

I'm up to date on Castle and it's awesome. I especially liked on the Halloween episode when Castle comes out in the Serenity/Firefly gear. Just a great, great show and it's good to see Fillion having success too.

I did start on Greek last night and so far it's pretty good; reminds me a lot of Undeclared, like you said. Cappie is by far the best character on the show though; he's just awesome.

"It's obvious what I am! ...I'm a Space Cowboy!" tongue.gif

Greek is amazing and Cappie the absolute best character on the show. I love the man, I want to be Cappie. The whole KT house is awesome, I'd love to be involved in something like that. I don't think there's anything in the show I don't like. Evan is surprisingly one of the most evolving characters of any TV show I've ever watched, you'll go from hating him, to feeling bad for him, to liking him to pitying him back to liking him.

First episode of Treme is really great. Anyone who loved The Wire will probably love this, and any concerns I had about David Simon following The Wire up with what is sort of a slice-of-lice series were pretty much obliterated. It especially helps that I really enjoy jazz, and unsurprisingly a show about New Orleans has a fuckton of jazz in it. If it stays as good as it is here the #1 spot on my top ten in the year-end countdown might be locked.

EDIT: And on that note, I'm actually already excited to see what that list will look like once we get to it in December. Television is so fucking good right now, I have no idea what my top ten will look like, let alone EWB's as a whole.

Clarke Peters was wonderful. What I especially love is that already he's made his character so distinctly different from who Lester Freamon was. Much more direct and forceful, he's got this fire in his eyes that makes him really compelling in the role. I also love John Goodman; it feels like it's been a while since I've seen him in anything new, and his scene with the British reporter was Goodman at his finest.

Awesome Supernatural episode today. I always wondered why

the angels didn't just use Adam/another relative of Dean's as Michael's vessel instead, but I guess tonight solved that "loophole". Michael's vessel HAS to be Dean, not just any descendant of.. Abel's? or whoever

Also

Zachariah's actually probably one of my favorite characters on the show, so while it sucked that he went out, he at least went out in a badass scene.

Also, Castiel is the shit.

How many episodes 'til the grand finale? I finished watching Season 4 about a week and a half ago, and while I haven't gotten started on the beginning of Season 5 just yet, I can't imagine it'll take me too long to get all caught up in time for the motherfuckin' apocalypse.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Guest Jacob

Burn Notice has been renewed for two more seasons taking it up to season six at least.

Awesome. Best show on television right now. Well behind Dexter.

Dexter's steadily gotten worse over the years. It sucks now.

Really? S3 was a bit... naff, but 2 and 4 were fantastic I thought. I wouldn't call either of those shows the best on television though, despite liking both. (I suppose it's just my opinion really.)

4 lived and died on Arthur Mitchell. Lithgow owned that role and was basically what kept me into it during the middle stretch until things got very good in the final third of the season.