General Television Thread

Hellfire

Thought there was a topic for it somewhere but doesn't seem so. Just wondering if anybody caught the Season 6 opener from Supernatural?

Not a tonne of stuff happened but I really enjoyed it. As it's been spoken about leading up to the series, it's kind of nice to see a few role changes in the show. I'm really interested in finding out what/who brought Sam back. Great to see them throw in the usual comedy moments too, it's what makes the show great. Overall a pretty damn solid opener.

On a brighter note, the new Community episode was awesome (although I don't like Betty White) and can be seen on Hulu. The show starts out with Donald Glover in Spiderman pjs, can you ask for anything more?

Agreed. I like Betty White, but the downside to her recent omnipresence in film/television is that people are wearing the whole "sweet old lady says something dirty" joke very thin by this point. However, Community actually took a different approach to casting her, which was very welcome. And yes, the episode in general was just phenomenal. Seriously, I can't recall a comedy series having a season premeire that strong since . . . well, ever.

Supernatural:

New Supernatural was great, although it seemed a bit lame to suddenly have a bunch of new people appear. I do want to know why Sam was pulled out of hell and the grandfather was pulled from heaven and I'm holding out hope that we see their father again at some point this season as well.

Lonestar had a fantastic pilot, so here's to hoping it keeps going good and not getting pulled off.

Outsourced was just bad.

Running Wilde is off my list due to the bad responses, and I don't want to ruin Will Arnett for myself.

The Event is getting another shot, but I really didnt like how the flashbacks were so different with the time period and such.

HIMYM had a fun return, as did community. However, I'm recording too many shows, so now I have to see some online or live while two show are recording on my other tv. >.<

Unsurprisingly, Lone Star got slaughtered in the ratings, I believe, so I'm heavily doubting it's going to make it past one season. It's really a show that desperately needed to be on a cable network and not Fox.

I would love it if that happened. It's not impossible! The pilot was universally beloved, in terms of critical acclaim no pilot was liked more. Any cable network looking for a show that could potentially make them (even?) more of a force in the Emmys could do much worse than to pick the show up.

Probably not, it's Fox.

Tonight I'm watching Boardwalk Empire, Bored to Death, Eastbound and Down, and Mad Men. Tomorrow I'm going to watch Dexter. Jesus. Anyone opposed to making the ballots for Favorite TV Show of 2010 fifteen shows instead of ten?

Fox drama Lone Star has been cancelled after just two episodes, it has been revealed.

Last week's opening episode drew a poor 4.06 Million viewers, while the second episode on Monday night fared even worse, pulling in 3.2 million viewers.

According to Deadline, Fox has decided to axe the programme with immediate effect. Its Monday night slot will now be replaced by the third season of Lie To Me, which had not been due to air this early.

The studio has also ceased production on Lone Star, which was halfway through its sixth episode of filming. It is not yet known what will happen to the three unaired episodes.

Series creator Kyle Killen recently admitted that he was "gobsmacked" by the show's low ratings.

Edited by Stormshadow

Well that's not unexpected. I really liked Lone Star but that type of show was never going to be around long, especially at Fox. Honestly it seemed better for a channel like FX or even somewhere like AMC, where it would be given the chance to catch its footing and build a following.

On another note, I really like Detroit 187. The quasi Documentary thing they have going on really works well with a police procedural show and seems to give it a gritty feeling.

Edited by Hellfire

One more for the good guys!

Also I am officially out of new network shows I'm watching for now. Lone Star got canceled and I just don't care about Undercovers enough; the cast is strong but the plots are so dull that I actually muted the TV last night to do something on my laptop, and when I had left it muted for five minutes I realized that I just don't care about the show. I might give Running Wilde a shot on Hulu, but for now Boardwalk Empire and Terriers are the only two new fall shows I'm watching.

I heard mixed things about it, and I sort of lost interest in My Name Is Earl (this is the same creative team behind that, right?). I might give it a shot, though, especially since it immediately follows Glee anyway.