General Television Thread

Hellfire

Just wondering, did any US EWBers with HBO see the Game of Thrones trailer before Boardwalk Empire a couple of days ago and, if you did, what did you think? I'm a big fan of the books, I've been following the production blog/video diaries and it looks like it could be an amazing adaptation which HBO appear to be investing a lot of time, effort and money in.

• 2 weeks later...

As anyone seen Human Target... Looks good on paper. I never really got caught by Mad Men and haven't started on breaking bad yet.

I'm just looking for something to fill in the long wait for SOA, Burn Notice and, newly to the list, The Walking Dead.

With Leverage coming up in a few days, that could keep me going and I'm pretty much square with Sanctuary.

I think I've completely missed season 8 of NCIS and season 2 of NCIS: LA.

I don't have a preferred genre, not overly into comedy/sitcoms etc though I enjoy them time to time.

Any.. yeah... Human Target? Anyone?

**EDIT**

I might also start getting back into Dexter. I have no idea how much I've seen so I might start from scratch

Edited by Rocky Feller

I remarkably do not miss tv... except I NEED too see new Smallville and Its Always Sunny... ASAP

If you get anywhere near a tv with a bit of decent cable you'll get FX Latin America, who I know show It's always sunny, on a daily basis.

I only noticed when it popped up on the list of shows released last night. Fun little episode, a bit annoyed that Nate gets to find out what Sophies real name is but we don't. I get why though considering we're used to the name Sophie.

The only downside is that there are only a few episodes in this run.

I'm also all caught up with Human Target... It's good. Mrs Pucci sucks.

First couple episodes she was awful but she's been getting better. I like the thief chick though, I guess they figured they needed a female presence on the show but it really hasn't changed it much, Guerrero is still awesome, Chance is intresting and the cop whos name I forgot has his moments too. It's a decent throwback to 80's action movies and TV shows.

Guerrero is a big draw for me... Who knows what he's going to do next.

Ames has added that other option. But bringing in 2 female 'leads' is a big move.

I can see one being taken out by seasons end. Possibly as a cliffhanger.

I'm a big fan of Community, but I just didn't get into the Christmas episode at all. Sometimes I feel like the show gets a little too full of itself. Instead of focusing on their own storylines they turn everything into a satire to seem "smart" I guess. That turns me off sometimes. I just wanna hear Chevy Chase's ridiculous statements, and see Troy just be hysterical.

I think it's actually been striking a smart balance between referential satire and telling its own involving stories. After all, the Christmas episode began as something really gimmicky but turned out to be all about Abed's personal story.

I don't rate it incredibly high amongst the Community genre homage episodes but it definitely wasn't just a genre tribute episode for the sake of it, they had it connect to some really good character stuff for Abed (and Pierce, in one of those great humanizing moments they give him once every five episodes or so).