General Television Thread

Hellfire

Finished all of the IT Crowd in just over a week. It's brilliant and easily my favourite British sitcom of all time, with each episode having me in a fit of laughter. Moss is easily one of the funniest creations I've seen on TV or film. It does dip in quality slightly towards the end, but it's still wonderful. Think I'll try The Mighty Boosh next - while getting round to finishing Twin Peaks and starting Breaking Bad.

Bah, this Ultimate Spidey is mediocre at best. They could have continued Spectacular and instead they went with this goofy tripe :(

Ultimate Spidey isn't that bad, it's just... a little less for everyone, I guess. I enjoyed what I saw off it. Been watching Avengers and that's pretty awesome. I'm not so keen on Iron Man being the leader over Cap though. But I'm only halfway through, so that could change.

Bah, this Ultimate Spidey is mediocre at best. They could have continued Spectacular and instead they went with this goofy tripe :(

Ultimate Spidey isn't that bad, it's just... a little less for everyone, I guess. I enjoyed what I saw off it. Been watching Avengers and that's pretty awesome. I'm not so keen on Iron Man being the leader over Cap though. But I'm only halfway through, so that could change.

I guess, I'm just still bitter that they ended Spectacular so soon. As far as adaptations of comics go, that was looking to be pretty much the nail on the head before it was dropped.

I need to watch more than the first season of Spectacular, because I really liked it. It did maybe the best job of modernizing the Lee/Ditko/Romita-era of Spider-Man I've ever seen.

I need to watch more than the first season of Spectacular, because I really liked it. It did maybe the best job of modernizing the Lee/Ditko/Romita-era of Spider-Man I've ever seen.

I haven't watched Spectacular Spider-Man yet but it's on Netflix streaming so I might give it a whirl. I have to finish Wolverine and the X-Men though.

I watched the sitcom version of the "The Ellen Show" the other day on Netflix (don't ask me why). Anyways, it was co-created with Mitchell Hurwitz, the dude behind Arrested Development. Watching the sitcom, it's interesting to see because it reminds me of Arrested Development filmed before a live audience. Not in terms of quality, just in terms of humor and approach. Ellen definitely reminds me A LOT of the Michael Bluth character and are essentially the same character with the same sort of delivery in both shows.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

I guess, I'm just still bitter that they ended Spectacular so soon. As far as adaptations of comics go, that was looking to be pretty much the nail on the head before it was dropped.

Yeah, was a real shame. Greg Weisman already had seasons 3 and 4 planned out as well, but they never came to fruition - talk was that Hobgoblin and some other villains would be introduced in season 3. I blame Sony >_>

I have no clue how Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 made it onto ABC of all networks but I'm glad it did. It's not perfect but it's pretty funny.

I'm kinda sad The Fades won't be back for another series.

Did BBC finally put the axe down? Surprised at that, seemed like a good supernatural drama that wouldn't exactly cost much to make.

Yep. They announced it formally on their Facebook Fan Page. Oh well, it was a good show that had an ending of sorts that leaves me pleased I watched it all. No real cliffhanger, so that's good.

I have no clue how Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23 made it onto ABC of all networks but I'm glad it did. It's not perfect but it's pretty funny.

Exactly right! I enjoyed it. Also Dreama Walker is pretty much the most adorable person in the entire world ever.

Exactly right! I enjoyed it. Also Dreama Walker is pretty much the most adorable person in the entire world ever.

She is.

I watched the first two episodes on Hulu and I laughed aloud many times.

Dawson is the MOOOOON!

The season finale of Justified was GREATNESS!!!

Yeah it fucking was! I have no qualms about saying it's the best drama on TV.

Agreed, and let me just say, Neal Mcdonough is my favorite villain they've had, just awesome all season long.

• Like 1