General Television Thread

Hellfire

Guest mr. potato head

The first few episodes of Studio 60 are really fucking good. I rewatched them the other day and they're just brilliant, I really wish that show would have got a longer run - I still think it includes the best pilot ever. This reminds me that I need to start watching West Wing again, I only got half way through the first season.

Do this now now now now now.

Speaking of Sorkin, we're only a few weeks away from The Newsroom! :w00t:

I'm sad to see Awake go away, but that's the only real cancellation that affects me at all. Bubble shows like Bitch in Apt 23, Touch, Community, Fringe, and one other I'm forgetting all are coming back in one form or another so that is good. It's probably even better that I almost refuse to watch a new drama until I hear it has been renewed or else I'd probably be bummed about Alcatraz (maybe). Glad to hear about Once Upon A Time as well. I only watched 4 episodes thus far, but I really liked what I saw so I shall catch up with them as my regular shows go away for the summer.

Just watched 4x13 of The West Wing, "The Long Goodbye", easily the worst episode of the entire show so far. CJ is easily the dullest character and I really didn't need an episode dedicated to her and her dad's Alzheimers.

Guest mr. potato head

There's some bad stuff still to come after Sorkin leaves in Season 5 and early Season 6, but yeah, that ep definitely stands out as one I'm not looking forward to when I do a rewatch eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI

Oh man. I haven't been this excited for a TV show debut since the first Game of Thrones trailer.

Oh hey! Giancarlo Esposito. Nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI

Oh man. I haven't been this excited for a TV show debut since the first Game of Thrones trailer.

It does look pretty great and it's nice to see something else from Eric Kripke (Supernatrual) but given NBC's history and shows similar to it, I'm not holding my breath that it will last. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm hesitant to become that invested in it.

Dude, it's NBC. It would have to be a massive disaster for that to happen.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. This could be mildly okay and they'd probably run it as their main big show. Because what the hell else do they have? >_>

The first few episodes of Studio 60 are really fucking good. I rewatched them the other day and they're just brilliant, I really wish that show would have got a longer run - I still think it includes the best pilot ever. This reminds me that I need to start watching West Wing again, I only got half way through the first season.

Do this now now now now now.

Speaking of Sorkin, we're only a few weeks away from The Newsroom! :w00t:

Yeah, it was a great decision. I've just watched three episodes in a row - it's awesome.

And I can't wait for The Newsroom. Revolution looks pretty sweet, too.

Glad to see that Once Upon a Time is renewed. I honestly went into it thinking it would last a season and resolve so it was interesting when I caught the finale tonight and it ended on a cliffhanger. Also good to see Castle is renewed but that was pretty obvious.

I need to find shows that are starting up, now that all the shows I *was* watching have ended. This Revolution one looks alright, might keep track of that.