General Television Thread

Hellfire

I am watching the first episode of Revolution right now. It feels extremly forced, every character is a Kim Bauer, the writers realy want to get me to like them and thats putting me of greatly. Plus it´s fairly predictible and i much rather would like to see how the world changed after the blackout instead of what it´s trying to tell.

The amount of coincidences helping to get the story moving issent to good either. Like, yeah (EPISODE ONE NOT YET SEEN? Stop - i´ll try to be vague, but don´t be pissed if it´s not vague enough), there might not be many people living anymore (i guess) but chicago is still a big place yet the first person you even ask... the random lady you run into actually has energy and internet and the brothers best friend ends up as creator of the antagonists (wild guess on my part).

Likely will look at a cupple of episodes, but this is far of from a good start.

Also watched Last Resort Episode 2. Not as good as the first one, but not bad either. They are laing good ground work. The tech lady is getting on my nervs - but shes the only thing that is. I hope we don´t get her explaining tech randomly like she did in the first two episodes. There needs to be a better way to get these states over.

It was a fairly strong episode. I have absolutely no investment in Kurt/Blaine so that stuff wasn't great for me but they used Finn better than they have in a very, very long time and the Brittany/Santana stuff was absolutely heartbreaking.

Will Schuester remains a gigantic douche, though.

Supernatural had a decent return. At this point I wish they'd actually just kill off Sam (for real, where he doesn't come back), the guy has nothing interesting left to do. And hey, I'd watch a whole series of Dean Vs. Everything ever. Happily.

Supernatural had a decent return. At this point I wish they'd actually just kill off Sam (for real, where he doesn't come back), the guy has nothing interesting left to do. And hey, I'd watch a whole series of Dean Vs. Everything ever. Happily.

Idjit.

• Like 1

Idjit.

What, 8 seasons of Sam making puppy dog eyes and just generally being a terrible hunter isn't enough for you? >_>

They should have killed him a long time ago. It seems as if Jared Padalecki has a clause in his contract that stops the writers from turning the character into anything other than a moody, annoying son of a bitch. Dean killing things is the appeal of this show (maybe with Castiel as a weird sidekick).

They should have killed him a long time ago. It seems as if Jared Padalecki has a clause in his contract that stops the writers from turning the character into anything other than a moody, annoying son of a bitch. Dean killing things is the appeal of this show (maybe with Castiel as a weird sidekick).

Yeah, he pretty much should have stayed dead after sacrificing himself at the end of Season 5. But then the show should have ended then as well. It's interesting to see Supernatural go from one of those cult favorites, always fighting against the risk of being cancelled after the next season, to being a prime example of something that's gone on a little too long. I'll still watch, because Dean is always great and now they're not trying to top Satan, it feels a lot more fun. But it's nowhere near the level of quality it was in Season 2-4.

I kind of feel bad for Jensen Ackles though, I think he had a pretty good shot of getting some bigger jobs if Supernatural had ended in Season 5 when it was still a hot property. Now I'm just kind of worried about where he goes when the show ends.

Whoa, whoa, Elizabeth Mitchell is in Revolution? How did I not know this? I would've made a point of watching a lot sooner... (saying that, she was only in the first like... five minutes)

They all seem to manage to keep very clean clothes.

Revolution was pretty good. It wasn't amazing but I was interested and kinda want to watch the next episode now, which is apparently better. I think it's got a lot of potential. How the muscular kid that turned out to be Militia got cast, I have no idea. Awful, awful actor from what I've seen thus far.

Hey guys, I made a Sporcle quiz! I think it's a decently tough one; you listen to clips of the opening themes (and one closing theme) from shows that first aired in 2011, and I tried to cover the board with a mix of shows that were on network, cable, premium cable, and of varying levels of fame because my favorite Sporcle quizzes are the ones that have at least one absolute motherfucker of an answer that only like 2% guess right. Give it a shot!

Hey guys, I made a Sporcle quiz! I think it's a decently tough one; you listen to clips of the opening themes (and one closing theme) from shows that first aired in 2011, and I tried to cover the board with a mix of shows that were on network, cable, premium cable, and of varying levels of fame because my favorite Sporcle quizzes are the ones that have at least one absolute motherfucker of an answer that only like 2% guess right. Give it a shot!

I got the shows I watch:

Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Homeland, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, Person of Interest.

Getting through Mad Men series 1 now I've finished Sopranos:

Wiener really is desperate to make up for Tony being so likeable with Don Draper. It's not a bad thing, but I can certainly make out where he's intentionally made Draper more dislikeable and yet just as charismatic to try and make up for his "mistakes". I love his wife, I find myself feeling sorry for Pete despite originally hating him, I find Peggy the most intriguing character on the show and I like the fact that Joan is pretty much just the middle ground, doing everything with the best of intentions, even if it's not a good thing she's actually doing.