Spiderman 4

thatblindgeye

Just call this reboot Ultimate Spider-Man. Bendis is practically begging to be involved on his website. Let him. He helped with Iron-Man and the Hulk reboot. He's written for Hollywood before. He can't do any worse than what was done with Spider-Man 3. Just saying.

This week has been proof that entertainment executives are fucking tards. Yes, Spider-Man 3 sucked large amounts of balls, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed in the next movie. It's absurd to reboot a franchise that's less than ten years old (unless the first movie sucked, like The Hulk), but I guess since comic books can get away with it all the time, so can comic book movies.

I hate trying to make excuses, but really... where more could they have gone? They've effectively gotten rid of Spidey's biggest villains in Green Goblin and Venom, Harry's dead. The Vulture is awesome, but I'm sorry, he's not the kind of villain to carry a movie in my opinion. Neither is The Lizard, really. Hell, to me, really, no villains left are. We all remember how the whole multiple villains thing turned out, too. They're great villains, undoubtedly, but when you're getting to the fourth movie you've really gotta pull out the big guns and the Spidey series kinda... well, blew their load already (<_<). Yes, you can go with Carnage, but we've all seen that discussed to death by comic book nerds. Honestly, I know it's the stereotypical comic book fan thing to say, but they shot themselves in the foot with how they handled Venom.

As much as it's absurd, I'd much rather see a reboot than any kind of attempt to salvage what was left by Spider-Man 3. And to be rather blunt, the first two films really weren't that great either and a lot of that had to do with the casting. The scripts were balls, too. Yes, we expect cheese from comic book movies, but seriously... watch Spidey and Spidey 2, the dialogue is sometimes atrocious. I love Evil Dead, but really, I was getting tired of Sam Raimi at the helm, too.

Like Teej said, bring Bendis in. Ultimate Spidey was the most consistently good run of anything Spider-Man related in quite some time. He proved himself with Iron Man and The Hulk. Also, if we're to believe that Spider-Man will be involved with The Avengers movie and its inevitable sequel (or sequels), it makes sense to reboot the series for that too.

• Like 1

Venom could've been brought back, it's not like death has ever stopped any comic book character aside from Uncle Ben. And if they would run with that, Venom/Carnage could've easily taken up two movies filmed back-to-back.

And to be rather blunt, the first two films really weren't that great either

I cannot properly express how strongly I disagree with this statement. Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 are great movies that kick-started the comic book genre for film. Without those movies, we could very well still be getting stuff like Batman & Robin. I'm all for eliminating Raimi, Maguire and Dunst, but do we REALLY need to restart the entire franchise? We really need to retread Spider-Man's origin story? Spoiler: spider bite, Uncle Ben dies, and with great power comes great responsibility.

I do like going with the Ultimate Spider-Man route, but I am just not digging this recent trend of rebooting franchises that haven't been around that long and haven't been finished. I know these are multi-million dollar franchises and they're never going to just "end," but is this the future of comic book movies? Tell a story over five years, kill it, and start over? Is Hollywood really that low on ideas that they can't create more than three movies based on a character that's been around since 1962?

I would've done Kraven The Hunter...and borrowed heavily from the Ultimate Spider-Man arc where he's a reality show host who vows to hunt and track Spider-Man.

But that's my idea, which no one cares about...

That would make for a terrible movie, heck, that entire arc of the comics was terrible. >_>

I definitely think it could rape a PG-13 Carnage story in the ass with a lead pipe.

It could add another dimension to the movies with the television element, a character that is known to the public. Someone who can turn the city against Spider-Man. There could be a lot of conflict with Man vs Society...

But I guess it would be better if there was 4 villains and more dancing, right?

EDIT: Pattinson would never work. They would never be able to find a stuntperson who can match the size of his freakish head.

Edited by Numbahs

After Monday's big announcement that Sony is rebooting the "Spider-Man" franchise, the attention has turned to which director and star will bring the new version to life.

According to Deadline Hollywood, (500) Days of Summer and music video director Marc Webb is the frontrunner for the director's chair, but that the studio has a "wish list" of directors that also includes James Cameron, David Fincher and Wes Anderson. You would think that District 9 helmer Neill Blomkamp is somewhere on that list as well.

The site says that Webb has met with the Spidey producers and studio executives to talk about getting the movie underway later this year for a summer 2012 release. The studio is also reportedly wanting to shoot the film in 3D.

Source

And with that, creates the rumors that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would be the next Spidey, something that I think would work out quite well.

I know a lot of people want to see Carnage, but at the same time think he wouldn't work to well in a movie because of his violent nature. But I believe that in a day and age where The Joker can be done well, Carnage could be done just as well, if not better. I don't see why implied violence and a few terrifying scenes wouldn't work as well as just plain gore.

I definitely think it could rape a PG-13 Carnage story in the ass with a lead pipe.

It could add another dimension to the movies with the television element, a character that is known to the public. Someone who can turn the city against Spider-Man. There could be a lot of conflict with Man vs Society...

EDIT: Pattinson would never work. They would never be able to find a stuntperson who can match the size of his freakish head.

I'm fairly certain I never said anything about multiple villains. Nor carnage. I just think that Kraven is a terribly boring character to go with after we've already seen Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Sandman and Venom. In no world, after watching Spidey best those guys, could I ever imagine that he'd have any trouble with Kraven. Not to mention it wouldn't exactly make for any amazing fight scenes, which is one of the things that's always made the Spiderman films at least a fun watch. Kraven I do think WOULD work as a side character in a film, the same way I feel you could use Rhino in a quick bank robbery sequence or something, but no way should he ever be the main villain, he's pretty boring as far as they go. Not to mention the whole 'MAN VS. SOCIETY' has already kind've been present in plenty of other Superhero movies, why does Spiderman need it? If anything Spidey has usually been one of the few heroes outside of Superman and Captain America that the public doesn't hate half the time.

My main problem with a re-boot is that they'll probably want to reuse old villains... and William Defoe & Alfred Molina were fantastic as Green Goblin and Doctor Ock.

I'm fairly certain I never said anything about multiple villains. Nor carnage. I just think that Kraven is a terribly boring character to go with after we've already seen Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Sandman and Venom. In no world, after watching Spidey best those guys, could I ever imagine that he'd have any trouble with Kraven. Not to mention it wouldn't exactly make for any amazing fight scenes, which is one of the things that's always made the Spiderman films at least a fun watch. Kraven I do think WOULD work as a side character in a film, the same way I feel you could use Rhino in a quick bank robbery sequence or something, but no way should he ever be the main villain, he's pretty boring as far as they go. Not to mention the whole 'MAN VS. SOCIETY' has already kind've been present in plenty of other Superhero movies, why does Spiderman need it? If anything Spidey has usually been one of the few heroes outside of Superman and Captain America that the public doesn't hate half the time.

My main problem with a re-boot is that they'll probably want to reuse old villains... and William Defoe & Alfred Molina were fantastic as Green Goblin and Doctor Ock.

You have not read Spider-Man comics, good sir. Or seen any of the TV shows, in fact.

• Like 2

I thought the goblin was crap to be honest he was a guy with a mask and they turned it into some type of iron goblin thing ...Dafoe was good it was just done horribly. I bet they could a scary goblin thing like they did with joker as some1 else said already oh and kingpin could hold his own movie

Only problem I could see with Kingpin is that they already used him in Daredevil. But, then again who remembers Daredevil and wanted a sequel besides me? As for the Goblin thing, there is another Goblin they can go with in the Hobgoblin where they can do it with like a Goblin mask and stuff. Also; on the subject of the reboot being "Ultimates" inspired and him teaming with the "Avengers" possibly, I would have no problem with it on two conditions. One; for costumes concept use the Ultimates look, that is one reason why I loved the Ultimates books was the way the characters looked, so yeah use the Ultimates look and you've already won me over. Number two; pick the villains wisely, don't blow all of the big names in the first couple of movies use smaller named ones such as Shocker, Vulture, or Mysterio in the first one or two and then slow build into the big named ones like a most comic book story arcs actually do.

I thought the goblin was crap to be honest he was a guy with a mask and they turned it into some type of iron goblin thing ...Dafoe was good it was just done horribly. I bet they could a scary goblin thing like they did with joker as some1 else said already oh and kingpin could hold his own movie

Only problem I could see with Kingpin is that they already used him in Daredevil. But, then again who remembers Daredevil and wanted a sequel besides me? As for the Goblin thing, there is another Goblin they can go with in the Hobgoblin where they can do it with like a Goblin mask and stuff. Also; on the subject of the reboot being "Ultimates" inspired and him teaming with the "Avengers" possibly, I would have no problem with it on two conditions. One; for costumes concept use the Ultimates look, that is one reason why I loved the Ultimates books was the way the characters looked, so yeah use the Ultimates look and you've already won me over. Number two; pick the villains wisely, don't blow all of the big names in the first couple of movies use smaller named ones such as Shocker, Vulture, or Mysterio in the first one or two and then slow build into the big named ones like a most comic book story arcs actually do.

Kingpin can't be used as Fox still owns the rights to him and Spiderman is a Sony movie

That's why DC made a much better deal with WB as they have all their characters under one roof and crossovers can happen with Marvel their characters are spread out over quite a number of different movie companies

Kingpin can't be used as Fox still owns the rights to him and Spiderman is a Sony movie

That's why DC made a much better deal with WB as they have all their characters under one roof and crossovers can happen with Marvel their characters are spread out over quite a number of different movie companies

Is it really a "deal" when you are both owned by the same corporate conglomerate? Marvel had the advantage of shopping out the rights to different studios and probably ended up getting more competitive deals than DC, which pretty much has no choice but to work for Warner Bros. since they're all under the same banner.

And yeah, the guy saying Kraven is too boring and Spider-Man is well-liked has clearly never read Kraven's Last Hunt or really anything besides watching a couple of really mediocre films.

The Hulk re-boot went perfectly fine, and its best bits were the first half hour where we saw very little visually boring comic book cliche stuff. If they could do the same with Spider-Man, re-casting and sort of re-setting without taking a goddamn hour to tell his origin story, I don't see the problem. Tobey Maguire was always a pretty bad choice anyway. Too small and not enough presence.