FIFA World Cup 2010

METALMAN

I played the demo and decided that it's just FIFA 10 with a new game mode and some new fancy graphics.

But then I saw that video, and now I want to buy it. Right away. I'm such a sucker for those celebrations in video games. :wub:

A gripe is how GK's stay too close to their line, PES style when you're running in on goal. It looked perfect/realistic in 10. This is hardly a fix for the lob issue, it just makes the goalkeepers look retarded.

Lobbing is what should be made much harder, not just 'stick the GK to his line so he can't be lobbed.'

The game plays well though. I think it's a game PES fans would love, because it reminds me of that, with superior animations.

Yes it is.

For those who became bored by the song playing in the demo, here is the playlist of the full game.

Drumming Song Papua New Guinea

ARTIST SONG COUNTRY

Baaba Maal International Senegal

Babatunde Olatunji Kiyakiya Nigeria

Basement Jaxx feat. Santigold Saga England

Buraka Som Sistema Restless Portugal

Buscemi feat. Lady Cath Dipso Calypso Belgium

Fedde Le Grand feat. The Stereo MCs Wild & Raw Holland

Florence + The Machine Drumming Song England

Fool's Gold The World Is All There Is USA

Future Sound Of London Papua New Guinea England

Gang Of Instrumentals Oh Yeah South Africa

John Forté Your Side USA

Jonathan Boulet Ones Who Fly Twos Who Die Australia

Kid British Winner England

K'NAAN Wavin' Flag - Coca-Cola Celebration Mix Somalia

Last Rhythm Last Rhythm Italy

Latin Bitman The Instrumento Chile

Marisa Monte Não É Proibido Brazil

Michael Franti & Spearhead feat.

Cherine Anderson Say Hey (I Love You) USA

MIDIval PunditZ Atomizer (Pathaan's Dhol Mix) India

Miike Snow In Search Of Sweden

Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley Strong Will Continue USA/Jamaica

Rocky Dawuni Africa Soccer Fever Ghana

Rox Rocksteady England

Sia Bring Night Australia

Sergio Mendes Emorio Brazil

The Kenneth Bager Experience feat.

the Hellerup Cool School Choir Fragment Eight "The Sound Of Swing" Denmark

The Very Best feat. Ezra Koenig Warm Heart Of Africa (So Shifty Remix) Malawi/France/Sweden

White Rabbits Percussion Gun USA

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/electronic_arts/710574.html

There also seems a very nice deal with the scenarios. Aperently they do not just have them for the qualification, they will also ad the ones that happen during the finals. There also seem to be scenarios for the 2006 world cup.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/fifaworldcup2010/images/6254416/6/?tag=imagenav%3Bprev

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I really think they missed the boat on online jump-in/jump-out Captain Your Country mode. Granted, a video on Gamespot said roughly forty hours of gameplay on default settings in Captain Your Country, and it'd be silly to expect you to be able to play that much time online with people, but it just would have been so fucking rad to play with people online. Just offline makes me sad, and is quite honestly a big knock against the game (which wouldn't have been had it not been just FIFA 10.5, basically). I still cannot justify the full game price tag just after Ultimate Team came out, and considering the fact that I'm still playing FIFA 10. FIFA 10 has niggling issues with AI stupidity/lack of awareness of the ball on defense and switching issues for the most part which have been fixed in World Cup, but World Cup also only has international teams and admittedly a substantially improved presentation. It's still FIFA 10 spruced up, though. You could say that about what FIFA 11 will be, but fuck.

Just... eh. Full price ftl, especially with other games I reallly want coming out soon.

I am pritty shure this one will drop to 30 very soon. And wen the Tournament is over it will go to the discounttables anyway.

Play.com is selling the "Goals of 2006 WC" for £4.37 btw. - nothing to do with the game but a darn good price for two houres of HD Footy.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1640678/FIFA-World-Cup-All-The-Goals-Of-Germany-2006/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

I pre-ordered it today because I haven't had a footy game in a while and I really like the internation scene.

The demo is fun too. Playing my second game, I won it by somehow making a perfect tackle in my own box, deflected a ball of the defender, sliding the ball up to Xabi Alonso who ran just past the halfway line, put a through pass in the air perfectly onto Torres' foot who slide it in. Best goal I've ever scored in a footy game.

you could do that on Fifa 10 as well :)

I think it's a good improvement but it is really just Fifa 10.5 but i've always liked playing National teams and if i want a piss about with mates i can now do Iraq V North Korea or San Morino V Andorra and whenever i shoot it just goes out the stadium.

Plus penalties will take me a while to get used to shooting, saving i think is alot better and i like the ideas behind the shooting. Just gonna get used to not putting alot of power and after doing that then aiming as i've blasted many wide and high on the demo

• Like 1

Demo was good, no doubt I'll end up paying full whack for it despite it being the same as Fifa 10, because I'm an idiot like that. Scenario Mode should be good though, always been a big fan of them and it's a shame they're not in regular Fifa.

Same. I played the demo today and didn't really notice many changes. I think the goalie has improved a bit and defenders don't give random space to strikers that often anymore. When I found out you can play with 199 out of the 204 licensed FIFA countries, I marked. I'm a sucker for being able to play with the likes of American Samoa and Myanmar. Then I found out that:

national anthems is what I want. >_>

All national anthems are in the game! Well, according to a IGN preview. While playing the game my mate and I said, we would totally get the game if it had anthems (the demo doesn't have them) and then I read the preview and damn, that's f'n awesome. Now I hope they really have ALL the anthems and not just the well known footy countries. I advice to play with Israel if anthems are in, beautiful yet sad :pervert:

I want to know if every nation will have real players and if you're able to choose a selection of 25 players before every round of qualifying etc and before the World Cup, out of a big pool.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Demo was good, no doubt I'll end up paying full whack for it despite it being the same as Fifa 10, because I'm an idiot like that. Scenario Mode should be good though, always been a big fan of them and it's a shame they're not in regular Fifa.

Same. I played the demo today and didn't really notice many changes. I think the goalie has improved a bit and defenders don't give random space to strikers that often anymore. When I found out you can play with 199 out of the 204 licensed FIFA countries, I marked. I'm a sucker for being able to play with the likes of American Samoa and Myanmar. Then I found out that:

national anthems is what I want. >_>

All national anthems are in the game! Well, according to a IGN preview. While playing the game my mate and I said, we would totally get the game if it had anthems (the demo doesn't have them) and then I read the preview and damn, that's f'n awesome. Now I hope they really have ALL the anthems and not just the well known footy countries. I advice to play with Israel if anthems are in, beautiful yet sad :pervert:

I want to know if every nation will have real players and if you're able to choose a selection of 25 players before every round of qualifying etc and before the World Cup, out of a big pool.

Iraq did on a video I watched.

While playing the game my mate and I said, we would totally get the game if it had anthems (the demo doesn't have them)

It does. Unfortunately the commentators talk over them though.

Wow and damn, I love the demo. They've created a brilliant atmosphere. Also, yay for Tyldesley and Townsend. They're no Drury and Beglin but I prefer them to Tyler and Gray.

While playing the game my mate and I said, we would totally get the game if it had anthems (the demo doesn't have them)

It does. Unfortunately the commentators talk over them though.

Wow and damn, I love the demo. They've created a brilliant atmosphere. Also, yay for Tyldesley and Townsend. They're no Drury and Beglin but I prefer them to Tyler and Gray.

God the commentary got right on my tits. Only had a quick play around with the demo but I'm hoping they can be turned off?