UFC 2010

9 to 5

Am I the only on getting really frustrated with the live opponent drills? I land one kick or punch, they move away as I go for a combo, I try a different thing, again they move away after I land my first move and that way I barely get any points. Fuck me.

EDIT: Well, I figured it out and then I learned Caol Uno's Side Kick. And then I knocked someone out with it. And it looked awesome! Didn't get me KO Of The Night, though. :( He stepped in with an overhand punch, I stepped back and landed the side kick. It just looked so beautiful

Easiest way to do it is get in close and hit elbows, or do leg kicks, maybe some clinch striking.

You don't have to do the move to learn it a lot of the time.

Also, here's an easy "How to" learn submissions in Career mode:

0. ALWAYS SAVE BEFORE TRAINING SUBS, so if you struggle you can quit out to main menu and reload your career.

1. Learn the suplex to side control, salaverry, and salaverry elbow.

2. Train the salaverry armbar first.

3. When you start submission training, suplex, salaverry, elbow the partner until he's rocked, click R3 and shine. If you have 50+ sub offense, you SHOULD make him tap.

4. Repeat 3 until your session is up.

I finished career mode earlier tonight. I retired as two time light heavyweight champion and one time heavyweight champion. I ended up doing two champion vs. champion matches which was pretty cool. One thing I liked was that my career CAF is available in exhibition as either a heavyweight or light heavyweight fighter. However if I play as him in a heavyweight title fight the graphics all say heavyweight championship but all of the voice over stuff says it's light heavyweight.

I did come across a rather amusing glitch today. I was playing against Anderson Silva and he went for his flying middle kick and I landed a superman punch that knocked him out. He did a full 360 degree spin and his arm spazzed out until it was upside down.

Starting up my third career, decided to go with Heavyweight as I've already been Light-to-Welterweight, and Middle-to-Light Heavyweight, so I might as well top it off. I also decided to make myself a fat, black man from South Africa, named Joekim 'The Hitman' Johnson. Whether that is pronounced Joe-Kim, or Joy-Keem is up to Bruce Buffer to decide, but I'm rollin with it either way. :shifty: Won my first fight earlier by running bearpaw KO. 2nd was just won by swaying to a left hook KO. My guy so reminds me of UFC's version of Kamala. Wait, I forgot these are just the training fights, nothing special :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

It's even better than I had anticipated, Joe-a-Kim Johnson is about to begin his official career. | And he begins it with a bang! 30 seconds into round 2, big right haymaker KO victory over Keith 'Happy' Gilmore. Reading his nickname was a lol moment.

2nd pro fight in, and I've got every stat at 30 (bar sub defense, which is at 35). 1st round KO with Jardine's superman punch, suh-weet. | Damnit, 3rd fight I get subbed at a minute in to a triangle by Rich Caldwell, motherfucker.

3-1 now, looking to get some payback on Bitch Caldwell, but it seems I have to get through this guy who's 10-1 first.

Make that 10-2, bitch. He had the Lyoto unstoppable takedown, and also caught a lucky knockdown in the first stealing the round. In the second, he wound up mounting me but not posturing up, yet blocking all my attempts to escape. Finally the ref stood us up, I threw Jardine's superman punch and it sent him crumbling to the canvas rocked, leaving him wide open for the TKO. Earned me my rematch with Bitch Caldwell.

Wow. Fucking flash submission. Son of a Bitch Caldwell\

THQ are fucking morons. Why the fuck does your sparring partner in camps ALWAYS just fuck you over no matter what. Its fucking ridiculous. The drill is get as many fucking 2 hit combos as you can, yet all your fucking partner does is spam fucking clinches and takedowns. Stupidest fucking programming I've ever fucking seen in a game. Fuck THQ. Fuck this game.

Easiest way to do it is get in close and hit elbows, or do leg kicks, maybe some clinch striking.

You don't have to do the move to learn it a lot of the time.

Also, here's an easy "How to" learn submissions in Career mode:

0. ALWAYS SAVE BEFORE TRAINING SUBS, so if you struggle you can quit out to main menu and reload your career.

1. Learn the suplex to side control, salaverry, and salaverry elbow.

2. Train the salaverry armbar first.

3. When you start submission training, suplex, salaverry, elbow the partner until he's rocked, click R3 and shine. If you have 50+ sub offense, you SHOULD make him tap.

4. Repeat 3 until your session is up.

Oh, I know. I've found that the Muay Thai Leg Kick works pretty cool, spamming it can get me far. But yeah, my current Lightweight CAF is an awesome kicker and I love him.

If you had the suplex into side mount, you can just lay in the knees and punches for easy combos.

But my Career is working just fine without it. :) When I make a grappler, sure, I'll learn it.

I think that was more directed to me, and if Liam's right, I'll be :bang: all night long. Thank you.

EDIT: Wait, thanks but I just remembered it's not like that. As soon as it hits the ground, it resets you. Back to fuck THQ mode :shifty:

EDIT 2: Wow, and my guy's name is pronounced completely different then me, or Dan, thought. It's like 'Wah-Heem', which is even more-so badass

I have two careers going. For some reason, whenever I am in an actual match, my middleweight will always switch from underhooks to the single collar tie when I try to suplex. This does not happen when I am my heavyweight. It has resulted in my middleweights only loss, because I clinched with Bisping and he immediately got the thai clinch and punched my face in.

Yeah. I was a Welterweight, said no to changing Divisions, still got a shot at Middleweight and won, and then was a Double Champion. For some reason the game glitched then though, and even though I lost 3 more times in the rest of my career, I never lost a belt.

Move List!

Also, anyone know how to make it so your CAF can get a Submission Trans? I wanna basically pull the cheap Mir thing, Clinch -> Armbar -> Subtrans -> Win

Even if it doesn't have the clinch to armbar, I want my CAF to haev a submission trans!

just finished an awesome career. Started as welterweight and worked my up winning the title. defended it several times and moved up to middle weight. 3 fights in and I have a title shot against Anderson Silva. Defeat him barely in the third and from that point on spend the rest of my career successfully defending it. Won Fighter of the year 7 years in a row. ko of the night 8 times and was inducted into the hall of fame. it sucks they made me end my career early because I still had 4 years before retirment.

He is a one dimensional fighter a pure striker at heart that know enough to defend against takedowns and subs. Never learned any techniques either.

Oh I found something new to me. you can knock out people with a kick to the body. I rocked Chris Leben and he was close to the cage. he was stuck standing there rocked so I landed a strong kick to the gut. He falls grabbing his side and the match is over.

You can only do that when they're on the fence though. And you can do it with punches too.

Started a career on heavyweight on the secon hardest difficulty, after having trouble in my first few pro fights I got used to the increased difficulty, tearing it up. Junior dos santos was such a pain in the arse though, but on my 3rd title shot at him, I was finally crowned UFC champion :D

Edit: Nothing better than going online against a guy with a shit load of submission wins and taking him out with a big 3 punch combo in the first 30 seconds, then to have him message me calling me trash.

Edited by Version Dan