UFC 2010

9 to 5

Any tips on not getting submitted in the first 3 minutes of the first round on advanced when going against someone with good submission offense? No matter how good my sub defense is, I still tap even with full energy and stamina. Do you spin it clockwise or counter clockwise to get out of the sub attempt? I know solid circles are more important then speed, I just don't know which way I should be spinning it or if that even makes a difference.

Haha, I've tried that and I've gotten a lot better at avoiding the takedown attempts, but all it takes is for me to get taken down one time and it's over, I don't even have time to try and get back to my feet.

Looks like the patch is now out for us PS3'ers, crapboxes gotta wait still :P

Lets see if THQ can pull their head out of their ass with this patch.

EDIT: Well, I wouldn't say it's 100% fixed, but it has greatly improved. Managed to have a solid 6 or 7 fights before it stopped connecting me to people, and I was getting tired as it started doing that so in a way its a plus. THQ's got their head mostly out of their ass, but their ear's stuck. :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Started a new career with a lightweight fighter, Currently 14-1, with my only loss coming in my first title fight against Tyson Griffin, but I beat Gray Maynard and Cole Miller back-to-back after that fight, and now I'm lined up to fight Griffin for the title again. I'll probably lose, he dodges almost everything

EDIT: Yup 14-2 now. About to fight BJ Penn

2nd Edit: 14-3, was tryin to GNP Penn at the end of the first and he got me in a triangle choke with 18 seconds left in the round. Bastard. Fighting Frankie Edgar next

3rd Edit: 15-3, beat the hell out of Frankie Edgar. Signed for a rematch against BJ Penn

Edited by TheTomster2011

Just fnished a career last night and its prob the best I've done out of the 2 games. My fighter, Edward "The Saint" Tremblay started out as a Welterweight and during that time lost 8 times. 4 to Dustin Hazelett and 4 to GSP. Finally beat GSP then went on to beat Martin Kampmann for the Welterweight title. Defended it 5 times then beat Anderson Silva's ass in the 1st round of a Champion vs Champion fight to win the Middleweight title. Moved up to Middleweight for good and defended the title 14 times before retiring with the title. Final record was like 41-8-0.

Edit:Wrong champ named,lol.

Edited by Kirkland

PSN ID: MaskOfNorro

So where's the EWB camp? I totally want in on this now. Probably going to make a few CAFs off the template set by my first one, hopefully I'll get a few amusing creations in to parade around :P

Would that be MaskOfNorro, Norro? Or perhaps Mask_Of_Norro? The lack of spaces in PSN names makes it hard to figure out :shifty:

EDIT: Well, after trying to add Mask_Of_Norro and it not being registered, I'm leaning more towards MaskOfNorro. :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

... yes, MaskOfNorro. My bad, forgot no spaces, but it's the same principle. I never use underscores, _never_ :shifty:

Omoplata, yeah, now you auto switch back into half-guard, which isn't exactly terrible but is still not nearly as good.

The 50-point cap limit is shit though.

I just can't get into the career mode on this one.It's partly because I just don't know where to start with which moves to learn, partly because the training/sparring is so frustrating (yes, I've started doing the suplex thing) and I guess ultimately because I can't decide what kind of fighter I want to be.

I actually bought the strategy guide for this one (something I never do), because I'm not familiar with every fighter and there's an excellent section on how best to use them/beat them. Sadly, the guide for the career mode is very badly lacking.