UFC 2010

9 to 5

Yeah, I've found Rampage to be the easiest. He's terrible on his back. It seems that Rua knows what I'm doing every time I make a move.

Opposite if you ask me. Rampage has the best stand up I've found, just quick killer blows at times.

After playing some more, I've only just noticed a few more little additions. I managed to body slam Shogun to the floor and he was curdled up in a ball in a different position to usual, allowing you to pummel him. And I also only just noticed the different endings they've thrown in. I've had about forty fights and it's only happened once. Machida smashes Shogun with a karate punch, knocking him out clean. But after the replay it shows Shogun being sat up by doctors and attended too, while Machida is declared the winner on his own, rather than the usual ending scene to fights. Not sure if anybody else has seen that, but it's actually the first time I've seen it, a nice little addition.

^I've heard about finishes like that.

I can't wait to get this game myself, I think I'll spend a lot of my early runs killing bitches with Machida.

I've had that finish a few times, pretty awesome.

And moved up in difficulty! (I was playing experienced)...I had like...10 fights as Rashad against Rampage. Basically, all of them stand up slug fests, it was great. Fighting Rampage on advanced is a great way to learn how to use the sway feature.

Things i've noticied

Ramapage standing up is probably one of the best probably knock you the f out half the time if you get caught but on his back he's pretty poor i find it easy with Machida taking him down and just hitting him and getting mount.

Machida's takedowns seem to be impossible to stop i've noticied i'll take pretty much all of them down at will

Rua on the ground just seems one step ahead and Rashad's good at countering attempts at the mount.

Still yet to get a submission came close but only cause i rocked them :P

Also i love switching stances with Lyoto and Rashad just gives you more options to attack

Yeh i had that finish it's a nice little thing added in

Edited by davidmarrio

Mount is unbearably hard to achieve on Expert, at least from the experiences I've heard. I get the mount and IMMEDIATELY, I don't even manage to block the transition, then I've been reversed and is on my back. Also, I had a bug with Machida playing against Shogun; we got in a Muay Thai clinch and they just stood there, locked. Nothing happened, looked like they hugged and were about to have a little smoochie. I restarted the fight before that though.

I'm gonna move onto expert been sticking on advanced cause when i jumped straight at expert i got made a bitch :( But now i'm getting used to it and not charging in playing it sensible i'll move up

I've played on Expert all this time and even though I get my ass kicked properly most of the time, I've improved pretty well. I still haven't gotten a submission win but I have had a pretty dominating win over Shogun Rua that ended in a knock out in the 3rd round, playing as Machida.

I've noticied my style seems to be slow build up just working on the leg kicks and body shots to try and win a round then just up the tempo. Normally works then i get a bit cocky try and stand and bang, swaying to get counters but they just sway and hit me then it's like oh crap

Fighting as Rampage against Evans I busted him open and it actually stopped for the referee to check the cut. They let it continue and Evans went into like superhuman mode (desperation I guess?) and started connecting and countering everything. He rocked me so hard on my feet that I couldn't move, I just stood there (can't tell if it was supposed to be like than or not).

The doctor stoppage thing is a little weird to me. I decided to experiment a little so I got into a single collar tie and unloaded with left hand after left hand until the doctor took a look at it. As soon as the fight started again I did the same thing for an entire round. Rampage's eye look like I hit him with an axe yet the doctor never looked at it again. Then he knocked me out.

I used to go solely for the head finishes, but I've canceled on that now due to the amount of counters getting thrown my way. Instead - I now work on the body and it doesn't even usually take a few rounds to get them down to the point where a single punch can rock them every single time.

i concentrate on the legs at the start then just mix it up with the head and the body. Love just using leg kicks though there a great way to unbalance the opponent and keep a fair distance in case they do start to throw bombs and try and knock your head out the octagon. Gonna have a few fights plugging the 2nd pad in and see the damage cause i've heard your supposed to see the bruising and the swelling of the leg. Also try and cut someone up badly :P