UFC 2010

9 to 5

As much as I love the demo, there is no way that I'm going to end up buying this.

It seems that the first two difficulty options are too easy, yet the third difficulty is just a 10 minute game of wriggle the right analogue stick and hope for the best.

Seriously, there is absolutely no explanation of how the grapple system works on the ground... I'm expected to just 'feel' it or something ¬_¬

Last of all, whenever I manage to lock in a submission it is broken out of automatically... yet when an opponent sticks me in a submission I'm tapping within 4 seconds :/

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

Anyone else pre-ordered from GAME?

I had an e-mail the other day saying that the price is now £37.99 instead of £39.99 and I'll be charged the new, lower amount even if the price goes back up by the time it's released.

I didn't mind paying the full £40 anyway, I just had to get it from there to get the bonus fighters.

EB Games (aka Gamestop in Canada) was loving my business yesterday. After a long while with my 40gig chunker PS3 not reading games and being stuck to demos, I've finally got myself a new system. 120gig slim (Y)

Oh yeah, and I definitely preordered this. By the way, does anyone know if you get the code for the TUF fighters when you pick up the game? Or was I supposed to get it when I payed for the preorder? Don't tell me I gotta whoop some EB Games ass :shuriken:

Yeh i got that email from game saying i've saved 2 pound and i got it for the same reason of getting the TUF 10 Semi-finalists

Oh yeah, and I definitely preordered this. By the way, does anyone know if you get the code for the TUF fighters when you pick up the game? Or was I supposed to get it when I payed for the preorder? Don't tell me I gotta whoop some EB Games ass shuriken.gif

I've never got anything like this on pre-order, but I imagine there'll be a code in the booklet that comes with the game to redeem either in-game or in the Store.

I think the code comes wrapped inside the game if I'm right.

Who is getting the game for PS3 anyway? I know we aren't as stacked as the 360 users on here, but we should at least have enough to form the PS3 branch of Team EWB for our CAFs

Is Shane Carwin in the game or is he DLC only. I've heard that he is DLC only but when I preordered from gamestop it showed him being on the official roster.

He is in the game. No DL needed.

Pre-ordered this a week or go, but the demo has gotten tiresome. I still can't wait to test CAF and Career though, which I think will be this game's crowning glory.

Finally got the hang of shining too. I only ever get a submission with Shogun though, but it is a start.

As much as I love the demo, there is no way that I'm going to end up buying this.

It seems that the first two difficulty options are too easy, yet the third difficulty is just a 10 minute game of wriggle the right analogue stick and hope for the best.

Seriously, there is absolutely no explanation of how the grapple system works on the ground... I'm expected to just 'feel' it or something ¬_¬

Last of all, whenever I manage to lock in a submission it is broken out of automatically... yet when an opponent sticks me in a submission I'm tapping within 4 seconds :/

If you bother to actually read over the huge amount of pages explaining everything in the demo, then you'd clearly understand it more. Also, it sounds like you're double clicking in the submissions, meaning you'll auto release it.

Haven't pre ordered it, but I'm without a doubt buying it, as I don't think there's a single better fighting game out there. I'll probably be a few days late in getting it too. Cant wait to try out some different fighters and I've made sure I haven't overused the demo like some tend to do, because if you play it non stop, then it's natural that you'll more than likely begin to tire of it.

One more day :w00t:

I have yet to get a submission on anyone, but at the same time, I'm still getting used to the shine. Other than that, I'm ready to brawl with anyone online :shifty:

As much fun as I have defeating everyone as Shogun on expert in the demo, I need a harder difficulty. Hopefully online is that difficulty :P

Yeh i got one of those like Xbox 48 Hour trial pieces of paper that had the code on so it'll probably be like that. Is it out earlier in the US then in the UK?

Yeh i got one of those like Xbox 48 Hour trial pieces of paper that had the code on so it'll probably be like that. Is it out earlier in the US then in the UK?

Only in that American releases tend to come out on the Tuesday, whilst in the UK games traditionally come out on Fridays.