UFC 2010

9 to 5

I didn't figure it out unfortunately until I was 0-8 now I'm like 17-10(estimate because I don't have the game running now)

Anyone know what extras are under tattoos and scars. All i have is an empty box.

I had an e-mail this morning from GAME saying that my order has left the building via express delivery, so it should be with me tomorrow. cool.gif

In saying that, this'll be the 3rd brand new game I've bought in a week - I worry about finding time to play them all afterwards.

I haven't had time to really look around Career mode, just start one. What is this levelling up Doc is talking about and is there a way to slow getting to it? Obviously I'd like to get most things to 30 so they stay there before moving up a level.

Career mode is very odd but I'm having fun with it so far. The way they handled the stats was done poorly. It's not explained clearly and your stats drop way too fast. I highly doubt a real fight just totally forgets how to defend a takedown in three weeks.

Other than that I really like how the game plays. All the new moves are fantastic but it seems like it's a little more difficult to do things like get a back mount. I really like event mode and can see myself doing a lot with that as it's basically exhibition with beefed up presentation plus you don't have to keep going back to the main menu to do a series of fights spanning different weight classes.

Finished the night with a career record of 14-14. Just fought and KO'd Dan Henderson, who apparently came out of retirement to fight me. I've got a fight set with Mike Bisping for when I play tomorrow and that will be my first hope of going positive.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

So, I finished two fights....first win by KO, second by doctor stoppage. I am playing on experienced, because I think advanced is a bit harder in the actual game (Kimbo kicked the shit out of me as Brock).....I think I will get all of my stats up to 30, then worry about other shit....stupid fight camps.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm set to go buy my copy in a few hours and this isn't filling me with confidence.

But I'll see for myself how bad it is, There's always patches too I guess.

• Like 1

Another thing...the fight camps where you have to do the 2-hit combos or whatever? Such a pain in the ass.

I was finding the 2-hit combos a bitch for a while until I figured out legkick combos count, as do legkick-bodyshot, legkick-jab, ect. Don't try and finish combos with a strong punch, just use quick ones. Hell, sit there and spam Square then Triangle and you're bound to get some :shifty:

Wow, I'm set to go buy my copy in a few hours and this isn't filling me with confidence.

But I'll see for myself how bad it is, There's always patches too I guess.

It takes some getting used to, but it's still a good game. Had I known that the stats avoided decay once you got them to 30 earlier, I would have a lot less losses. Once you figure out how to work around the decay, it's pretty entertaining. Don't let us get your hopes down. ;)

Also hard when you wanna work in the damn move you are trying to learn >_<

This is true, though. Luckily, I learned the jumping headkick that Rua and Lyoto have in the demo, so that makes those 2-combo challenges a hella-lot easier. Dash Legkick - Jumping Headkick rarely misses. :shifty:

The sparring pads (hit high/high low) are a cakewalk however. I've been consistently getting over 20 10-point combos, easily beating the challenges.

EDIT: Back in my career mode, managed to KO Bisping in the third after the first two rounds were all his. He's got some hands on him, I got knocked down like 4 times in the first 2. Anyways, that brings me to 15-14, first time I've had more wins than losses :shifty:

Next up, Anderson Silva. My prediction? I end up 15-15.

This is insane, now nothing will load if I'm signed into Xbox Live. I can't even get to the main menu, all I get is that white "connecting" icon at the top of the screen. What a disappointment, THQ just can't seem to do this. First the late demo codes, then the TUF pack codes didn't work for almost a full day, and now I can't even play the game. Wow.

Edit: Strike that, it loads, but not within 10 minutes.

Edited by A-Dub

This is insane, now nothing will load if I'm signed into Xbox Live. I can't even get to the main menu, all I get is that white "connecting" icon at the top of the screen. What a disappointment, THQ just can't seem to do this. First the late demo codes, then the TUF pack codes didn't work for almost a full day, and now I can't even play the game. Wow.

Edit: Strike that, it loads, but not within 10 minutes.

Yeah I wanted to play at about 7:45pm and I couldn't get to the main menu until about a half hour ago. This whole online "let's build a community" bullshit is really getting out of hand. Skate 3 had problems with trying to connect and now UFC does.

PS3 FTW :shifty:

Finally got ahead in life in my career. I managed to knock Anderson out, which earned me a title shot against Vitor Belfor. Won that as well and went on to clean out the middleweight division until Dana wanted me to move up a weight class. So up I went. I made my debut at 205lbs against Rich Franklin and got the win, then proceeded to fight my way up the LHW ranks until I was asked to step in for a fight due to injury, to face Tito Ortiz. I took the opportunity, which turned out to be a week away and I had to go into the fight with a bit of fatigue. Somehow though, I ended up brutally knocking him out in the first. Dana 'confirmed rumors' about the winner of this fight getting a shot at the title, much to my surprise, and I was on my way to stealing the belt from Rashad.

From there on out, I've been defending my title successfully and I'm starting to wonder who's left to challenge me. My career record now stands at 29-14, and I'm set to defend the title against Shogun for my hopefully 30th win. Stat decay's starting to speed up on me now that I'm closing in on 30 years old, as well.

I'm now 8-1 in my career. It seems like you should spend the first weeks and months learning new moves, since you need to spar almost non-stop later on.

In my UFC debut, Todd Duffee knocked me out. I then won my next two and after making Kimbo submit, I called out Duffee. I then went on to take his arm too.

Not a problem, it only took me an entire night of playing and periodically scrolling through the camps to find it...I've been taking one attribute at a time and moving them up, I've got a couple to 70 now and Alexander "The Last Emperor" Wendland is doing pretty well. Still can't make that PPV hurdle yet though.